Sign in to follow this  
pete

50 matches and counting

It may not be 50 but since the 3rd game of last season Nathan Redmond has not scored. Apart from only a very few assists NR has done little to enhance his reputation whilst at City.

Hopefully this will have the effect of rectifying the situation to a limited degree.

He should have scored more goals than he has but he is still a very exciting young player.

Should be one of the first names on the team sheet, in my opinion.

[quote user="GJP"]

He should have scored more goals than he has but he is still a very exciting young player.

Should be one of the first names on the team sheet, in my opinion.

[/quote]

Agree completely with you GJP - one of my first names too;  

he can be incredibly frustrating  but he is also incredibly dangerous - as we saw on Sat;  without him we had very little threat.

He''s just the same as Snodgrass, does the hard work but then doesn''t deliver a decent final ball. No point beating your man if there''s no end product. Good to see him on the bench on Saturday, will make his realise that he''s not an automatic pick.

It''s a shame that Snodgrass got injured, otherwise I''d have been proven right by now with my prediction that he''d be keeping the bench warm by Christmas.

"Apart from only a very few assists NR has done little to enhance his reputation whilst at City.

"

what be they ?and how do they quantify a player''s ability, or part played in a game ?

I get the sentiment the OP is trying to make. He always does look exciting and dangerous but his final ball is frustratingly poor at times. He seems to have got better recently, i think he has a few assists this season but his shooting has been terrible since we got him.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]  Good to see him on the bench on Saturday [/quote]

Bet Sheffield Wednesday were pleased to see him on the bench too.

NR is a very gifted 20 year old footballer who is learning his trade before our very eyes. A big part of his progress will involve developing a secure confidence in his own ability, some of the comments aimed at him at the ground don''t help. I think we will see him develop into a top quality player.

I agree that NR is frustrating at times, but it''s more for the fact that he has so much natural ability which at times he doesn''t realise he has!!.

i don''t understand why when he''s moving with the ball he always seems to stop, which allows the defender to set himself, rather then keeping the ball constantly moving which doesn''t allow the defenders to settle.

But I won''t slate him as a lot of so called fans do on here and at our matches, NR is only 20 and will come good.

[quote user="Angry man"]I agree that NR is frustrating at times, but it''s more for the fact that he has so much natural ability which at times he doesn''t realise he has!!.

i don''t understand why when he''s moving with the ball he always seems to stop, which allows the defender to set himself, rather then keeping the ball constantly moving which doesn''t allow the defenders to settle.

But I won''t slate him as a lot of so called fans do on here and at our matches, NR is only 20 and will come good.[/quote]

One of the reasons he stops sometimes before moving again is so as to try and make the defender commit to the tackle, then he use his trickery to get past him.  Also a moving defender is one that is more likely to catch him up - and his strength is in the first five yards, not over longer distances.  Better to get the defender flat footed then judge the moment at which to try and take him.  

As others have said he is still learning, he has all the skills - he just has to harness them and as he matures his decision making will improve. He shows a desire to learn, which is more than some players appear to do - and that in itself will help him  become the complete player.