Sign in to follow this  
unique

Promotion looking pretty pointless

Judging by the bunching together of the teams at the top, and the inability of any team in the Championship to look a cut above the rest, it looks a pretty safe bet that whichever three teams get promoted will be justifiably bigger odds-on favourites for immediate relegation than any previous season.

[quote user="unique"]Judging by the bunching together of the teams at the top, and the inability of any team in the Championship to look a cut above the rest, it looks a pretty safe bet that whichever three teams get promoted will be justifiably bigger odds-on favourites for immediate relegation than any previous season.[/quote]all the more reason to get promoted

see if we can nick a trophy, and all the fun that brings, make some money in the PL, watch ourserlves on MOTD

and then start all over again in Aug 2016

far better than stagnating like our impoverished neighours - stuck here for over 12 years

It''s unlikely that any team will get 100 points with 100 goals, but if this happened then it''s likely that it won''t be us.

So we don''t want to go up because we will just come straight down. All  you season ticket holders should just rip them up. There''s no point.

[quote user="Herman "]So we don''t want to go up because we will just come straight down. All  you season ticket holders should just rip them up. There''s no point.[/quote]I wouldn''t bet on us going up. If by some miracle we scraped a play-off win then we''d merely be target practice for better premiership clubs. Unless something radical happens I''m preparing for a multi year stay in this division.

[quote user="1touch"][quote user="Herman "]So we don''t want to go up because we will just come straight down. All  you season ticket holders should just rip them up. There''s no point.[/quote]I wouldn''t bet on us going up. If by some miracle we scraped a play-off win then we''d merely be target practice for better premiership clubs. Unless something radical happens I''m preparing for a multi year stay in this division.[/quote]

I honestly think the board is happier in this league than the Premiership.

Of course promotion isn''t pointless. It''s the whole point of being in the Championship. As for the various arguments about the two or three divisions within the Premiership, that makes for a debate. Ncfc will gain tens of millions from promotion and immediate relegation for a starter.

As relegation became a reality towards the end of last season, a majority of fans were starting to look forward to Championship football, plenty of goals, and the opportunity to experience winning matches again.

What''s the reality? They find themselves in the midst of footballing mediocrity. Almost a third of the way through the season, where not one single team in the division has managed to win more than 50% of their matches.

Leicester were the outstanding team of last season, and now the initial euphoria of PL football is drifting away, they find themselves drawn ever nearer to the bottom of the PL to join Burnley and QPR, firmly anchored to the bottom.

It would appear that the only chance of success is that a team like Sunderland implode, and join the relegation battle. Leicester''s best hopes rest with a possibly tactically astute manager, and a couple of forwards, Ulloa and Vardy, who can find the back of the net with a modicum of regularity.

It would have been hoped that Norwich could now be in the position of Swansea and Southampton. Well run, firmly established and extremely competitive.

Unfortunately, Hughton and his two sidekicks have damaged the club to such a degree, that being able to compete with the likes of Swansea and Southampton, when we surrender possession of the football with such consummate ease, defend so naively, and as of late, struggle to get the ball past the opposition keeper, seems light years away.

As the PL money pot gets larger, the gulf will continue to get wider, and the teams that get promoted may find that one year in the PL is more disruptive to a club, than it is enjoyable.

I reiterate that how the Championship is shaping up this season, the three promoted teams won''t be anywhere near strong enough to remain there next season.

Two ways of looking at this.

We are in a very poor run (as are forest) yet we are still 6th

We are still creating chances, and yesterdays first half abomination of a formation and team selection apart we are dominating games. The goal touch will return,

If we can stick to what suits us (451 variations, RM at RB (not lost a game with him starting there) and invest in a further LM midfield option (the one growing glaring gap, Josh not ready to start yet and we need an alternative to Lafferty now) we can regain our grip on this league and set ourselves apart.

Stop the collection of formations, keep it simple, play to our strengths, rotate the players on form and results not favouratism and loan a left midfielder and this league will be ours again.

Aside of the current situation at our club and us not really knowing exactly what is up with the team right now, and if and when things will brighten up again with the goals rattling in or not for the rest of the season. It appears to me that what we are seeing is simply teams settling down and the league will gradually shape up, and who is to say that there will not be one or maybe more stand out teams by the time the new year comes along, hopefully we will have turned the corner and be the one or one of them.

As for the EPL, I will be very happy if we go up again, expect to come down again within a few seasons, and if we get established, then thats fantastic.....................I just dont want this league every year, and I am sure the Board do not either!