Sign in to follow this  
Surfer

Villa v QPR

Can''t make my mind up who is worse. QPR score with a route one punt, and overall way too many mistakes.. Of the ex City players, Rob Green is playing OK, and Leroy Fer is on the pitch somewhere....apparently.

None CC.I''m a fan of Tony Fernandez for reasons other than football and don''t even mind old ''Arry too much.I always view QPR as a smallish club who occasionally manage a place in the Sun but who''s long-term future will never be that bright.As for Villa, for some reason that wound healed once we were relegated and we were no longer in direct conflict with them. It has also become clear that that that isn''t exactly a marriage made in heaven and that the anticipation of  instant success there has evaporated.  It seems increasingly likely that Paul Lambert will be gone long before that club ever wins anything meaningful again.

Very good result for QPR. Stops them from being cut adrift. What are the odds on Lambert going?

Have to agree Broadstairs, PL and RK dont seem up to the job at all, they have decent players but cant buy a win 5 straight losses and no goals in 5.

They look doomed at the moment.

[quote user="alartz"]Does seem lambert is nothing without Culverhouse and karsa.

Only scored 4 goals in 9 games.[/quote]

Yes I thought the same. Normally Lambert would be urging his team on from the touchline but tonight he was a completely different person and seemed to just sit there in silence. Gave the impression he has lost interest in Villa. Another managerial change looming.

Thought Fer had a decent game.

They have played the top 5 from last season in a row, winning against Liverpool at the start of the sequence. I wouldn''t write them off just yet.

QPR were hardly ''top 5 from last season'' but outplayed them. Villa were flattered by their few early decent results and don''t really appear to have developed a great deal under lambert, IMO they are set for a lower mid-table spot at best.

[quote user="Making Plans"]But I thought Lambert was an "experienced" manager & they never fail, do they?[/quote]Would you really prefer Adams to Lambert then ? Come on just admit it we have appointed another duffer only this one wasnt a manager to start with and never will be , once we finally get shot that will be the curtain on Adams just like Gunn , nobody else would entertain him .

Due to the excessive/obsessive interest on Irish Media

in the every breath of Mr Roy Keane, the Villa Qpr game was discussed ad nauseum , Lamberts lack of his usual up''n'' at ''em style has been accredited to the calming influence of Roy.

Just how do they come to this.....will Lambert now adopt a dead eye stare as per ''Keano'' to intimdate a performance out of his players? It was a collossal success at both Sunderland and Ipswich, and Roys influence may yet see the import of a plethora of sub standard Irish born players...''lads who will put in a shift'', just what a struggling side needs.

Villa are now referred to on the radio here as ''Roy Keanes Villa''...just as the Irish National team are known as Roy and Martins Side, not Martin and Roys.

There is an elephant in the room, sometimes with beard, sometimes not, but always dark and threatening, except for the odd rictus grin which is designed to reassure but looks as unhinged as the Joker from Batman.

What were Villa and PL thinking when they brought him in, if anyone can enlighten and educate us on this , please do.

CCC, i know PL has a special place in your heart maybe you can interpret the thinking here.