Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

anyone not think hooper is the answer?

after watching the sheffield game, like others its pretty obvious were crying out for a natural finisher.

as much as i admire grabban and his work rate his finishing is to be desired. scored 6 yes but should have nearly double that. just smacks it as hard as he can when gets in a goal scoring position. jerome was really unlucky with the 2 ''wonder saves'' from westwood but the amount of time we spent in an around the box i feel hooper would just clean up.

not as quick but holds the ball up really well and he''s always sitting on the last defenders shoulder waiting for a ball through.often drifts in and out of the game but when you need him in the box he will generally be there? time for a change up front.

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"] . jerome was really unlucky with the 2 ''wonder saves'' from westwood  [/quote]

Jerome should have scored at least one. I can''t help but think if it was Grabban it would have been seen as him wasting chances.

As for Hooper....no doubt he could score goals at this level but also I think people have got to be a bit realistic because in the grand scheme of things Hooper really isn''t anything special as a footballer or goal scorer.

We have to hope that he is the answer and that he lives up to his reputation at this level as the present three seem to have dried up slightly, for one reason or another.If, by the next window, he continues to disappoint then we need to look to unload him, probably at a loss, and seek a replacement.This Wells of huddersfield seems to have a future and might be worth considering if all else fails.On balance, I feel that Gary Hooper will come good for us, but I am far from convinced.

He wasn''t, the answer last year. Is not the answer this year and never will be the answer. All this assumes the question is "will he score enough goals to justify his selection."?

When i saw him warming up in his tracksuit before Leeds i tgought he liked quite slim but in a norwich kit for some reason he doesnt. To suggest he needs to lose weight etc is just bizarre. He doesnt.

We can 4231 with Hooper up top. Just because its one up top doesnt mean its defensive, its all about support from the wingers and the midfield and all about giving him the right delivery.

Its his application that worries me,  not his fitness. 

He has had a couple, albeit brief,  opportunities to present his case but has looked distinctly off the pace so far and done nothing to encourage me that he deserves a starting spot. 

At the moment I would like to see more time from the bench,  rather than jumping to start him.     Last Saturday for 20 mins was perfect for him so a missed opprotunity for me   

Like someone pointed out on a different thread ,,, he was our top scorer in a por team showing last season ,, he has scored 8 ? In the premier , surely he is worth a try in the chumps ?

If our dear Chris Martin is scoring freely again, I would think that Hooper could give us a decent return in this league .

As Miggins says ,,, let''s not write him off because somebody claims to be able to " see" that he is not interested !

I just think he''s a proven finisher. Although he''s a proven championship goalscorer like grabban, he can actually finish more times than not unlike grabban (who I do still like very much when he plays on his own up front)

I don''t think he''s the answer. However, with our other 3 strikers all firing blanks at the present, what have we got to lose.Or will it turn into another Becchio situation like last season when we will never know if he was the answer because he never gets a chance?If you''ve got 4 strikers & 3 of them are off form then surely you have to give the 4th one a go else what''s the point in having him.

Not on his own he isn''t. Always like a big no. 9 up front, and someone playing off him. For me it''s Kyle or Cameron, and Grabban or Hooper.

I don''t think we have any poor players, but we need them to be picked on merit, and rested when not performing.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]We can 4231 with Hooper up top. Just because its one up top doesnt mean its defensive, its all about support from the wingers and the midfield and all about giving him the right delivery.[/quote]I think we should play 1018.... when we have corners, and 9001 when they have a cornerotherwise we should play a 41131, switching to a 23113 when they attack (assuming we have had a man sent off)and a 541 when they take a goalkick