Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

John Guidetti

Do you think we could get this guy in january as I believe this is when his loan deal at celtic expires. Has a great eye for goal and is built for the english game unlike Wolfy for example. Celtic are planning on buying him after his loan deal because he''s coming to the end of his contract at man city. Would he come here over Celtic with us being in the championship?

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/9537586/transfer-news-celtic-hope-to-sign-john-guidetti-on-a-permanent-contract

Do you mean Man City don''t rate him? He was bought in 2008 when he was 16 years old (now 22), perhaps they don''t want to sell. Is a good player, could become a great player imo. Scored 20 goals ion 23 appearances for Feyenoord when on loan there but he turned them down when they tried to sign him, must have only been about 19.

Guidetti has been mentioned a few times in the past two years on this forum as a possible target.I seem to recall that he suffered from some illness which was debilitating and needed recovery time.Before that he had been seen as a star of the future by Manchester City.The fact that Celtic want to keep him there after his loan spell is somewhat positive, as is the fact that City have retained him on their books throughout.Surely worth keeping an eye on, although I would rather our current ex-Celtic striker started firing on a few more cylinders before taking on another.The fundamental of looking for a loanee or two from the Premier League in the next window is a sound one though and I suspect that these columns will soon be filled with suggestions.May I make a start @ Jonny Williams from Palace. A creative/attacking midfielder, they love him at Portman Road at the moment, although he does seem a bit fragile. We will have more financial clout than the paupers.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

The fundamental of looking for a loanee or two from the Premier League in the next window is a sound one though and I suspect that these columns will soon be filled with suggestions.

May I make a start @ Jonny Williams from Palace. A creative/attacking midfielder, they love him at Portman Road at the moment, although he does seem a bit fragile. We will have more financial clout than the paupers.

[/quote]

We can take a prem loan now;  not sure that we need a striker but I do think we have a need for a wide left midfielder tro provide cover/options for lafferty & murphy.

Not sure who is not starting at the moment but would give us a little boost as hux did when he signed on Oct 2003...

splutcho wrote the following post at 28/10/2014 7:30 AM:

If you don''t know who John Guidetti is without the aid of wikipedia or FIFA then you are pretty dim.

---------------------------------

Polar Bear = Waveney?

ZLF:-

"We can take a prem loan now;  not sure that we need a striker but I

do think we have a need for a wide left midfielder tro provide

cover/options for lafferty & murphy."

Not sure who is not starting at the moment but would give us a little boost as hux did when he signed on Oct 2003..."

Yes, of course, I was forgetting we were Championship now with different rules. Perhaps it is because of the way we are outplaying one and all [;)]

Didn''t McN say something about the need to unload before acquiring new faces last week? Perhaps if Adams hadn''t overladen us with central defenders we might well have got such an attacker on loan by now.

Crikey. At this rate he''ll maybe even be as good as Kris Boyd one day...

haha, It''s a shame he went there really, completely pointless move for him when he could''ve played in the first division in France, Germany, Holland etc