Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Keane speaks

"That''s the way lots of managers work, he said, politely, identifying

players and maybe suggesting a ballpark fee, but leaving the owner and

chairman do the deals - and not deciding the final fees. If the owner

wanted to pay £1.7m for Priskin (Keane suggested £400k), that was up to

him"
Whilst that confirms the reality (away from the usual twaddle about the manager being given a large sum of money and left to spend it how he sees fit) it more importantly points towards something that has been at the forefront our our dimwitted neighbours stupidity.Time and time again these rustic halfwits would squeak out about some absurd transfer fee that suggested to these simpletons that Marcus Evans was an ''hinvestor''. Is Evans that stupid that he would pay more than FOUR TIMES the supposed valuation of a player ?  And why did Clegg make such a play about him (Clegg) not having a clue about football transfers. Covering his back perhaps ?How on earth would a unwanted journeyman at a lower league club (Paul Taylor) cost £1.7 m (or more) ?Cynics might suggest that Evans was (is) merely using the paupers as a money laundering facility, much as happens elsewhere with supposed foreign ''investment''.Does it affect us ? Yes, when we get these constant attacks upon the club, the board and the owners. Check our accounts against those from poorman road and ask why the paupers are unable or unwilling to publish their full accounts.

[quote user="The Polar Bears Made Me Do It"]Indeed, and the £8 million we "invested" in Wolf can be held up as prudent use of club resources? Even Finidi George wasn''t as big a waste as that.[/quote]oh dearyou don''t appear too bright

Ah City 1st with another post about Ipshi*e!! Mmmmm???????

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Ah City 1st with another post about Ipshi*e!! Mmmmm???????[/quote]thanks for reading... and postingmust be of interest to you hmmmm

Well you do seem to have this unorthodox interest in them for a City fan!

I would hardly describe it as ''unorthodox'' - perhaps you should look up the wordAs to an interest then it is merely to counter the endless stream of misinformation that gets touted amongst both sets of fans. As a City fan it is of a service to have an accurate take on these claims. Much like the BBC world service is to various parts of the world with no reliable news service.As to your subtext that somehow this makes me a binner is rather silly .... even for you. The idea that I troooped off to all those games both home and away over the past few decades simply to have credibility in some as then unknown communication platform is even more absurd.I will plug on. No one is obliged to read what I put up. And my analysis stands up to scrutiny - which in this particular case is that Marcus Evans has been deceiving the binners (not the hardest of tasks) over claimed transfer fees.A case that directly relates to City, if you care to cast you mind back to when the club was consistently being castigated for not having ''han hinvestor'' - espiecially one such as Marcus Evans.

City 1st, I am totally aware of the the meaning of unorthodox, if you could understand the word you would realise it means, "contrary to what is usual"!

I''m not trying to make you some kind of " closet binner " you make that case for yourself! I''ve notice with the 10k plus posts I can be bothered to readmthat your extremely rarely post about how the team has played, what you would like to see different or tactics to change a game!

Your posts normally revolve about some obscure photo, team sheet or ground that we last went to in1930!

Please tell us after Friday your thoughts of the game, it would make a pleasant change!

my last post was actually about team formationbut well done for reading the other postsnot many are as diligent as you it would seemso somehow it makes it all the more worthwhile

though why you should distress yourself about a thread highlighting the paupers failings is a mystery to us all - though supposedly it makes the case for me being a binner !

dearie, dear me

ps what was our last game, ah yes, Sheff Weds  - you can read my thoughts on that game during the live thread

apologies that we haven''t had any game since for me to comment on, must have a word with Davey boy

"my last post was actually on team formation"

Ah coming from the bloke who just a few months ago described "formations" as some idiocy to appease the "happy clappies". In your words a term derived from people watching Sky Sports and playing FIFA. There isn''t such thing as "formations" rIght? Do you still feel the same City1st?

PS. This isn''t a English exam, don''t throw the dictionary at me as a response.

[quote user="STAN"]"my last post was actually on team formation"

Ah coming from the bloke who just a few months ago described "formations" as some idiocy to appease the "happy clappies". In your words a term derived from people watching Sky Sports and playing FIFA. There isn''t such thing as "formations" rIght? Do you still feel the same City1st?

PS. This isn''t a English exam, don''t throw the dictionary at me as a response.[/quote]

oh dearoh dearie, dear me

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="STAN"]"my last post was actually on team formation"

Ah coming from the bloke who just ar few months ago described "formations" as some idiocy to appease the "happy clappies". In your words a term derived from people watching Sky Sports and playing FIFA. There isn''t such thing as "formations" rIght? Do you still feel the same City1st?

PS. This isn''t a English exam, don''t throw the dictionary at me as a response.[/quote]

oh dearoh dearie, dear me

[/quote]

I''m a long time lurker, occasional poster. While you infrequently have something interesting to say, your facetious, obnoxious attitude towards everyone else on here makes you one of the most tedious and tiresome posters, and, for me, negates any value you may add to debates.

Being intelligent, or attempting to appear to be so, isn''t an achievement. I get from some of your posts that you are quite old, so I will take solace in the fact that you will be dead along time before most of us.

OTBC

I suppose anyone over 20 must be old to you*what is odd is that despite all your rather angry squeaks you still read my posts - all of them it would seemperhaps if you would like to disappate some of that anger and hate you are more than welcome to join us in a football game, albeit it 5 a sidemight help you chill out, or not take yourself or my posts so seriously

* 50 something isn''t that old so I suspect (if my family is anything to go by) you have got me for another 30 years at least, whether under your name today or any of your other names you use

Riddle me this, and riddle me that. Near enough every post you make you''re belittling people City1st.

As you know yourself their really is some knobs on this forum but you top the lot. Congratulations.

A Doctor doesn''t make a Mechanic. A Scientist doesn''t make a Pilot. Shakespeare doesn''t make a Football Manager. Stop thinking you''re above everyone else because you can recite the Dictionairy. You should have your own column in The Sun or such like; "I Know Everything" (disagree and you''re merely a peasant) by City1st. The resident PinkUn know it all.