Sign in to follow this  
Indy

so hpw should we approach Friday?

Same as any Halloween, I''ll buy a couple of bags of assorted chocolate treats, wait for children to ring on the doorbell but nobody ever does so me and the wife will then scoff the lot.

I''m not convinced he''d make a good wing back because I''ve never seen him play there.I think he would be at least as good as Vadis was at the top of the diamond.

You''re OK Indy, l love you to bits really x :)

Geeee thanks Nutty, I agree about that Nutty, I think we only have one player capable of making a diamond work and that is Wes.

Benno played rightback as cover a couple times at home when circumstances have dictated and dome well.

I''m not convinced that a diamond is the way to go without Wes but 5 in the middle with 2 attacking midfielders might work, go back to what worked 8 games ago.

I''m not a fan of the diamond, but concede that it does give us more solidity going forward, with less emphasis on width - but only with the right players.  With Wes out,  I would opt for 451/433 with either Grabban or Jerome up front, with Lafferty and Redmond out wide with Howson Tettey and Vadis in the middle.    Still don''t mind Martin at centre back as we''re not leaking many goals, just not scoring enough.                   RuddyWhittaker Martin Turner Olssen         Howson Tettey VOORedmond    Grabban      Lafferty                 

Neil Adams said he saw signs of Grabban and Jerome forming a partnership on Saturday. If so giving them more game time together will be beneficial. I''mnot a fan of changing it every week,

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Neil Adams said he saw signs of Grabban and Jerome forming a partnership on Saturday. If so giving them more game time together will be beneficial. I''mnot a fan of changing it every week,[/quote]

Hmmm.....its taking a while to bear any fruit then.  If Hooper was fully match fit I''d be tempted to put him in to shake them up a bit.   Grabban can be a bit wasteful and Jerome can try to be a bit too cute.  If they are forming a decent partnership and Adams is going to persist with them, it had better start working in terms of goals soon, or we will start dropping back.  Worryingly, goals aren''t coming from anywhere else either, apart from Martin''s.  We need to get the team scoring or change it.  At the moment its not good enough!

Apols meant to post on this thread

Although I think Whittaker is in essence a better right back than Martin, he has been disappointing of late. Equally, neither Johnson nor Grabban fill me with confidence at the mo.

I would go with

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Redmond Tettey O''Neil Lafferty

Howson

Jerome

A new right back should be a priority.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 28/10/2014 8:08 PM:

I''d be inclined to go along with Neil''s view.

------------------------------

You''re not allowed on the touchline