Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Match thread v Bolton.

Tettey MOM, Howson and ONeill played well too.Defence looked sound beside the goal and I am totally with Paul101.. I so wish for Redmond to get a goal. So close tonight.

Cameron Jerome showed his Class with the goals.

You went to the game Polar? Well done, you want a fecking medal? Not all Norwich fans can go to every match you know.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Point one) We did strengthen the midfield in the summer, which is how we have been able to replace the injured VOO with O''Neil.[/quote]It''s the weakness in midfield that has been a problem for several

seasons and a significant factor behind our poor recent scoring record and that of last

season.Two of our best midfielders were sold in the summer. VOO was meant to replace Fer. Snodgrass left and McGrandles arrived. Instead of getting in another midfielder we got in at least one too many central defenders. We now have six central defenders, plus a couple of players who could have filled in as needed.[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Point two) The window is still open so we can now get players in if we want.[/quote]A bit of a pedantic point, but the window to buy players shut weeks ago.[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Point three) We don''t have an endless supply of money to spend.[/quote]I never said we did. We could have at least got a midfielder instead of the one or two surplus central defenders. We for example lack a defensive playmaker, which would be a nice option to have.[quote user="STFU"]Sory 1touch, what on earth are you talking about? We''ve still got 31 games to play. How have we missed out on the playoffs? By my reckoning we can still get automatic promotion.[/quote]I don''t think we''re showing the quality to finish in the top two, playoffs at best.

Felt we looked like more of a team again tonight.

A midfield full of players who bring mobility, pace, the ability to take the ball in tight areas and keep the ball with the yellow shirts. Plus, natural width.

After a fairly quiet October it was also good to see Jerome back on it.

Probably Tettey or Redmond for MOTM but there were several good performances out there.

[quote user="1touch"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Point one) We did strengthen the midfield in the summer, which is how we have been able to replace the injured VOO with O''Neil.[/quote]It''s the weakness in midfield that has been a problem for several

seasons and a significant factor behind our poor recent scoring record and that of last

season.Two of our best midfielders were sold in the summer. VOO was meant to replace Fer. Snodgrass left and McGrandles arrived. Instead of getting in another midfielder we got in at least one too many central defenders. We now have six central defenders, plus a couple of players who could have filled in as needed.[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Point two) The window is still open so we can now get players in if we want.[/quote]A bit of a pedantic point, but the window to buy players shut weeks ago.[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Point three) We don''t have an endless supply of money to spend.[/quote]I never said we did. We could have at least got a midfielder instead of the one or two surplus central defenders. We for example lack a defensive playmaker, which would be a nice option to have.[quote user="STFU"]Sory 1touch, what on earth are you talking about? We''ve still got 31 games to play. How have we missed out on the playoffs? By my reckoning we can still get automatic promotion.[/quote]I don''t think we''re showing the quality to finish in the top two, playoffs at best.[/quote]I half take the point about central defenders. But we have five (Turner, Hooiveld, Ryan Bennett, Cuellar and Miquel) who are pure central defenders plus one (Martin) who can play there rather than six plus a couple. Bennett is injured and Martin may have to go back to right-back at some point. Throw in another injury and/or suspension and we are not so flush, with any two from three.I suspect the situation was complicated by - as I understand it - the fact that we wanted initially to take Miquel on loan, but Arsenal insisted on a sale. So we were forced to buy Miquel, even though we saw him more as cover now and one for the future,  or see him snapped up by a Championship rival.