Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Match thread v Bolton.

Tonight''s teams;Norwich City: Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (C), Turner, Olsson;

Tettey, O''Neil, Howson; Redmond, Jerome, Lafferty. Subs: Rudd (GK),

Cuellar, Miquel, Johnson, Josh Murphy, Grabban, Hooper.Bolton

Wanderers: Lonergan, Threlkeld, Mills, Dervite, Ream, Spearing, M

Davies, Danns, Pratley, Chung-Yong, Beckford. Subs: Kenny (GK), Mason,

Clayton, Trotter, Vela, C Davies, Moxey.

Same defence[:O]

Yes, the midfield looks good to me considering who we have available. Defence and that strike force still to convince. For me Jerome is surprisingly bad at holding up the play - I''d rather that we tried Lafferty up top in that role, Jerome is a problem for us - I know he''s been scoring and is hard to ignore, but I think his inclusion is making Adams blind to the balance of the team.

LET''S BE ''AVING YOU!

As the BBC reminds us, it''s been 10 years since that fateful day when Delia took to the pitch and made that announcement to the home fans. A decade ago and the mainstream media never fail to mention it every time Norwich is covered. Every. Single. Time.

You''d almost believe that they have no insight, sophistication or thought whatsoever when it comes to sports reporting..

I BET THE HALFTIME PIES ARE GOOD TOO!

COYY

I''m hacked off with this. \yet again the commentators have written the script before the game. All about the heroic Lennon. Bunch of faeces.

Centre midfield looking good. Redmond still missing the killer ball. Olsson looking better.

They are better than their league position, especially forward.We have been a bit wasteful tbh because the chances have been there.Brilliant goal and Tettey showing up best IMO.Dare I say it, after the hammering he had last time out, but Whitts is having a decent game at bothends of the field.We need another now because they have some skill coming forward.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]They are better than their league position, especially forward.We have been a bit wasteful tbh because the chances have been there.Brilliant goal and Tettey showing up best IMO.Dare I say it, after the hammering he had last time out, but Whitts is having a decent game at bothends of the field.We need another now because they have some skill coming forward.[/quote]

Disagree with Whittaker. Three times he''s cut in and been easily dispossessed, and I''m sure he''s missed every header! Constantly running and jumping under the ball.

Good to be one up, but we''ve been very lacklustre. The atmosphere is non existent too.

If we up the tempo here, I''m sure we''d go on and win comfortably. Otherwise I can see Bolton nicking a goal.

We''ve been no better than average against a poor Bolton side. Although we''ve played it on the floor quite a bit, we look mechanical and devoid of ideas.

I was thinking of watching it in a pub but Friday night in Watford is definitely asking for trouble.

Quite comfortable to be honest. Got sloppy late in the second half, handing them a gift. All played well. Tettey best of the bunch. O''Neil looks good with some great deliveries. One up front worked well for us, so hopefully Neil carries on in the same vein.

Not bad Bolton played well but we got the game under control in the 2nd half

and Redmond really turned it on if ever there was a player I want to score its him

excellent vision passing and movement

Yep, brilliant second half from Nathan. (First half weren''t bad either,just needed the final product). Well done kid.[Y]

All we needed to do tonight was win, and we did.Thought we played well enough to get the job done.Some excellent individual performances - Tettey, Redmond, Jerome to name but three.Could have had a couple of more goals but 2 was enough.Got a bit desperate for the last 5 minutes but after our recent results that was probably to be expected.Anyone who thought it was disappointing needs to get a reality checkWould still rather have Neil Adams over Neil Lennon any day of the week.

Howson gives us the penetration we''ve lacked up front and showed tonight how much we''ve missed him. If we''d strengthened the midfield in the window then we might have stood a chance of making the playoffs.

[quote user="1touch"]Howson gives us the penetration we''ve lacked up front and showed tonight how much we''ve missed him. If we''d strengthened the midfield in the window then we might have stood a chance of making the playoffs.[/quote]Point one) We did strengthen the midfield in the summer, which is how we have been able to replace the injured VOO with O''Neil.Point two) The window is still open so we can now get players in if we want.Point three) We don''t have an endless supply of money to spend.Apart from those three points I think you have absolutely nailed it.

Sory 1touch, what on earth are you talking about? We''ve still got 31 games to play. How have we missed out on the playoffs? By my reckoning we can still get automatic promotion.