Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Is Adams Under Pressure?

1 win in 8

No 1st half goals in 10

No home win in 2 months

Does this put Adams under pressure?

Or does his inexperience count in his favour? For me, I wouldn''t advocate sacking him now but results are a concern atm, the club have 100 of millions riding on this season and goals seem to have dried up

I think we probably need a manager with Neil as Number two to learn from, it doesn''t seem that he has the knowledge to get the best out of the team, not only motivationally speaking, but mainly tactically as well, another woeful performance really unfortunately

Tactically he''s been found out and he''s not inventive enough on that side of the game, neither are his substitutions...bringing a third DMF on...wtf was he thinking?

He has got stuck in a rut and his inexperience isn''t helping him get out of it imo. He has a nearly full fit squad and should be getting better out of them.

Well if he isn''t he should be.

Widely understood by most as the best squad in the league and results and more worryingly performances (despite what he and some others on on this site think) very poor.

Today''s team selection was strange to say the least. Buying 3 central defenders and persisting in playing a poor right back in that position. Paying c £3/4m for a midfielder to replace Fer and only starting him once ie today (but then replacing him at half time).

Lots of questions are rightly starting to be asked of what is happening. I hope he has the answers but the performances in the the last couple of games makes me wonder.

Not from our Board....everythings fine.......maybe come March when we are out of the play off picture...but then they always act too late. IMO act fast now and get in a manger with more experience..the squad is good just we are letting a novice cut his teeth in a tough league. Or get an advisor..as planned before JR moved on.....but do it quick.

We saw McNally and the board act decisively with Gunn, but I''m not confident that they''ll get it right with Adams'' replacement.

Terrible manager, we''re a whole 3 points off first place. Whatever is he doing?

Get a life, all teams have dodgy spells during a season and we are having ours now. By all accounts we again met a keeper at the top of his game which seems to be the case when we are scratching around for a goal or two.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Terrible manager, we''re a whole 3 points off first place. Whatever is he doing?

Get a life, all teams have dodgy spells during a season and we are having ours now. By all accounts we again met a keeper at the top of his game which seems to be the case when we are scratching around for a goal or two.[/quote]No he''s not a terrible manager because in truth he is not a manager at all and  and never will be .Neil Adams was a half decent co presenter on radio Norfolk and if he were to return to that job Canary call would certainly improve as would the City football team for being rid of him .How he got the job in the first place just highlights how amateurish this football club is , had he applied for a job at a conference team he would probably have been turned down as too inexperienced.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Terrible manager, we''re a whole 3 points off first place. Whatever is he doing?

Get a life, all teams have dodgy spells during a season and we are having ours now. By all accounts we again met a keeper at the top of his game which seems to be the case when we are scratching around for a goal or two.[/quote]Adams rise to the summit is the equivalent of Hoofton''s 10 game unbeaten run, after which we slid away towards eventual relegation. When people were crying out for Hapless to be sacked others were in denial with classics such as "but we''re x points clear of the relegation places", or "but he''s paid to keep us above the bottom three". The dreadful football told it''s own story.Keep Adams and his hopeless hoofball and we''ll slide out of the top 6 towards mid table. The truth is that he''s worse than Hoofton.

Get a life, all teams have dodgy spells during a season and we are having ours now. By all accounts we again met a keeper at the top of his game which seems to be the case when we are scratching around for a goal or two.[/quote]

I agree with you. Those calling for Adams'' head will be chanting his name when he gets the team back on track, which I''m confident will be very soon.

Fortunately the club''s board won''t make a panic decision as some of the fans would like.

Get a life, all teams have dodgy spells during a season and we are having ours now. By all accounts we again met a keeper at the top of his game which seems to be the case when we are scratching around for a goal or two.

I agree with you. Those calling for Adams'' head will be chanting his name when he gets the team back on track, which I''m confident will be very soon.

Fortunately the club''s board won''t make a panic decision as some of the fans

Fortunately I think most of us have a bit more maturity and understanding Rokerite. It''s always fun to read the words of some of our resident experts however, good fun.

Appears to constantly start games with the wrong formation and so has to change things. Does he ever get a scouting report and think about the opposition?

He needs to find a Grant Holt - we need a hero!

Thought Howson and Redmond were good today, and liked Grabbans work rate.

I am afraid that McNally has once again backed the wrong horse. The appointment of PL seems more and more like a stroke of luck rather than judgement. We should be asking serious questions about Adams given the recent record and players at his disposal. I like NA as a person but he is looking like the wrong choice - out of his depth. Our form is really worrying. No wins in October against very average opponents. A half-decent manager and we would be clear of the rest at this point. We can see what is coming and the future''s not bright if we persist with Adams IMO. I would be surprised if he was sacked before Christmas - especially if we are hanging around the lower playoff places.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Terrible manager, we''re a whole 3 points off first place. Whatever is he doing?

Get a life, all teams have dodgy spells during a season and we are having ours now. By all accounts we again met a keeper at the top of his game which seems to be the case when we are scratching around for a goal or two.[/quote]No he''s not a terrible manager because in truth he is not a manager at all and  and never will be .Neil Adams was a half decent co presenter on radio Norfolk and if he were to return to that job Canary call would certainly improve as would the City football team for being rid of him .How he got the job in the first place just highlights how amateurish this football club is , had he applied for a job at a conference team he would probably have been turned down as too inexperienced.[/quote]Adams had been hyped up as some sort of saint before he even took the job. He was an average player for Norwich during the hard post-Chase years, yet he was King of the Penalties.He was master of the phone in, he was Roy Waller''s straight man and went bananas with the excitable Chris Goreham when Norwich sealed promotion to the Premiership against Derby. His U18 team, despite playing a technically poor long ball game, somehow managed to win the FA Youth Cup.The appointment of Neil Adams as manager was as sentimental an act as the appointment of former Lord Mayor and Munich hero Bryan Gunn to the same position. It was based upon anything but management experience or ability.

[quote user="Herman "]Carry on fishing 1touch[Y][/quote]I''m not trolling, I''m genuinely torn between wanting Adams out and wanting him to stay. He should leave Norwich City but stay in Norwich itself (replacing Rob Butler on Canary Call).

Most Manager''s are under pressure, not least Adam''s - it goes with the job.But in reality people better get used to the fact that he won''t be going anywhere soon & rightly so as we are only 3 points off the top.Too many people thought, and still think, that this league is a cakewalk - it isn''t.It''s the toughest league virtually anywhere in the World to get out of (in the right direction) and you cannot win it by the end of October.Plenty of teams have won this league or got promotion from far worse positions than 6th after a quarter of the season.I would say the Adams'' only mistake so far is reacting to fans who think they can pick a better team than him.Our squad is probably not as strong as some people believe so he should stick to his beliefs, pick players based on what he knows and sees in training and not pander to calls for wholesale changes every game from a few fans who clearly have no idea.Things have been disappointing of late but we got a good point today, we defended better and kept a clean sheet even though it wasn''t particularly pretty. The teams that get promotion will be the ones that can battle & get a point (or 3) when they are not playing well. No team in this league is going to batter everyone else by 3 or 4 goals every week and that includes us.There will always be a run of games when your form falters & you drop what look like easy points to one of these so called inferior clubs that some people obviously believe have no right to be in the same league as us. But they, and us, are in this league for a reason.We are, in the main, playing attractive attacking football, creating more than enough chances to win games but at the moment we are not getting just rewards for our efforts.That will change, the goals will return and the points will come.

listen to this then read Making Plans sentence in the same voice"That will change, the goals will return and the points will come."

you say "too many people though it would be a cakewalk"....I had doubts as we''ve seen many a relegated side struggle in this league......but I have to say that I''ve been surprised at just how poor the standard of this league is.....and I think that this is where the pressure arises as we SHOULD be 6-8 points clear by now.

I''ve been watching this club for 35 years and other than the 1985/86 2nd division season and the League One season once Lambert got his feet under the table, I can''t remember another time that we have ,almost without exception dominated every game we''re playing both home and away.....we simply must go up this year, as it will become harder every year thereafter.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Terrible manager, we''re a whole 3 points off first place. Whatever is he doing?

Get a life, all teams have dodgy spells during a season and we are having ours now. By all accounts we again met a keeper at the top of his game which seems to be the case when we are scratching around for a goal or two.[/quote]No he''s not a terrible manager because in truth he is not a manager at all and  and never will be .Neil Adams was a half decent co presenter on radio Norfolk and if he were to return to that job Canary call would certainly improve as would the City football team for being rid of him .How he got the job in the first place just highlights how amateurish this football club is , had he applied for a job at a conference team he would probably have been turned down as too inexperienced.[/quote]

Totally Clueless! It''s embarrassing to be honest! Go support someone else!

I just think that Neal has no ability to challenge or address this slump we have slipped into!!. For me I think we need him out and someone in who can inspire our squad.

To be fair if Adams did apply to a club who he had no connection to would they have employed him as manager?

Thats a fair question, if Adams was a Southampton youth coach say and got given this job with his cv would we all be as forgiving as we are?

Not answering nutty? Why don''t you answer my question instead?

Would you have been so accepting of the boards choice?