Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Throw in moan

Just read the thread about defending at corners. Thought add another " moan "

Why do we always just throw the ball down the line, other teams seem to be able to give it to one of their own and start an attack.

I agree, I have mentioned this before. As a down the line throw it is always a 50/50 ball.

There is always a lack of movement to received the ball, no one appears to want the ball. Other teams seam to manage this important aspect of the game so much better than us. This has gone on for years!! Under several managers as well, never been able to understand why.

Agree it has ever been thus.

Can remember our first game in the old division 1 (August 72). Everton supporters were getting agitated at our inability to organise a throw in. I helpfully pointed out that we did not do quick throw ins only to get a dry retort of "you can''t even do slow ones"!

Just a thought, but could it be down to fact we don''t use the multi ball system anymore? ie. we rarely get the opportunity to take a quick throw in.

On top of that it''s almost as if we instruct our "ball boys" not to collect the ball, how often do you see one leave their little wooden stool?