Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Is there a manager under peforming more than Adams in the championship?

Considering the tools at his disposal, not for me. The only one who comes close right now is Rosler at Wigan. With an experienced, competent manager in charge i''m fairly confident we''d be sitting pretty at the top right now. No doubt we''ll hear the same lines trotted out once again about how well we played and how we didn''t get the result we deserved. Still the real blame for what is clearly going to be another complete failure of a season and blown opportunity lies once again with the clueless clowns who own and run this club. Another cheap, tinpot, insular managerial appointment to add their long list of depressingly predictable failures.

Although I don''t agree with a lot of the unnecessary follow up comments the actual initial point made is a valid one. We do have the best squad in the league and despite what gets trotted out by the Manager and certain players ( come on down the worse of them all Russell Martin) we are generally playing poorly compared to the players at our disposal.

For a club just relegated from the Premierships with the squad and money at its disposal it was always going to be a risk appointing a novice manager and although I would love Adams to succeed it was an unnecessary risk for NCFC to take in my view. Although appointing an experienced manager is no guarantee of success the odds are far higher than appointing a rookie.

1- Sami Hypia

2- Neil Adams

3 Nigel Adkins

It''s close, but i''d say not quite. It''s still early days, but that 20 game mark is getting close and if we''re not near the top two promotion places, well, it doesn''t bode well. Middlesborough are going well at the moment, but we have the best squad. We should be doing better.

In answer to the question no and by some margin given the wealth of resource that were made available.

I am no more convinced he will succeed now as I was in August.

The players don''t look confident that they will win games and I''m afraid that is very telling already.It seems fairly obvious now that we could have appointed much better but since they didn''t bleed yellow and green blood, then they were not considered for the job.I honestly think we should go and grab Pulis now.

Why is everyone so insistent that ''we have the best squad in the division'' all of a sudden? People certainly weren''t thinking so when almost no-one predicted we''d go up! It is amazing what that decent start to the season did to some views/expectations.

That said, we should be doing better than getting stuffed tonight - our defence clearly has problems that need sorting.