Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

TONY PULIS! Come on down!!!

Why would he come here after winning manager of the year in the premier league? It''s like David Moyes, they won''t be dropping down to this league

Funny how things change - 18 months ago when he was manager of Stoke he was continuously derided on this very board because he played hoof ball & he dressed like a chav. For him to be manager of NCFC was totally unthinkable by the vast majority of fans but now, all of a sudden, he''s a sure fire bet to get us promoted. Or is he?

I think he''d the a good choice.

I seem to remember he wasn''t good enough for some Norwich fans a few years ago when he was linked with us and then got Stoke promoted.

Tony Pulis is an effective manager, his football is dire. When we were in the premier league, we needed someone who was going to push us on, not someone who can just keep us in the league for the sake of it, that''s why no-one wanted him after Lambert.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Funny how things change - 18 months ago when he was manager of Stoke he was continuously derided on this very board because he played hoof ball & he dressed like a chav. For him to be manager of NCFC was totally unthinkable by the vast majority of fans but now, all of a sudden, he''s a sure fire bet to get us promoted. Or is he?[/quote]he''s never been derided by me ! a top top manager

Agreed Mrs M - but IMO I don''t want him now, either, for precisely the reasons given. After Hughton everyone claimed to want more attacking football so even if it might not be working out under NA it is astonishing how quickly they want to revert to ''anti'' football. There must be better options without having to throw our ''style'' down the toilet.

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="Making Plans"]Funny how things change - 18 months ago when he was manager of Stoke he was continuously derided on this very board because he played hoof ball & he dressed like a chav. For him to be manager of NCFC was totally unthinkable by the vast majority of fans but now, all of a sudden, he''s a sure fire bet to get us promoted. Or is he?[/quote]he''s never been derided by me ! a top top manager[/quote]And if he came next week & we were no better after another 16 games you wouldn''t change your mind?

Would Pulis be willing to share the job? Because last time I looked we still had a manager in the job.

I am just as disappointed with the result, but talk of manager change is grossly premature.

I have always thought Pulis could end up here one day. But the Delia/catholic manager conspiracy theorists would have a field day!

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Would Pulis be willing to share the job? Because last time I looked we still had a manager in the job.

I am just as disappointed with the result, but talk of manager change is grossly premature.[/quote]It probably is. But there is a psychological point here. Having been widely (arguably unfairly) criticised for not sacking Hughton sooner, the board may now be tempted to act more quickly than might otherwise have been the case. There is also the AGM looming at the end of the month.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="Making Plans"]Funny how things change - 18 months ago when he was manager of Stoke he was continuously derided on this very board because he played hoof ball & he dressed like a chav. For him to be manager of NCFC was totally unthinkable by the vast majority of fans but now, all of a sudden, he''s a sure fire bet to get us promoted. Or is he?[/quote]he''s never been derided by me ! a top top manager[/quote]And if he came next week & we were no better after another 16 games you wouldn''t change your mind?[/quote]but we would be better cos he is a proven manager who knows what he''s doing