Sign in to follow this  
ncfc fan

The minutes silence on Friday

Spot on, I thought just the same.

Having had a look at other forums I read with a certain amount of despair that the certain Birmingham and indeed Wolves supporters thought their actions should be considered as banter.

Oh really? For me and pretty much anybody else capable of thinking under their own steam their behaviour has them marked down as brainless scum devoid of any form of human decency.

I''d even go so far as to say if this silence was observed in our own local derby it''d be observed perfectly by both sets of supporters.

Quite so, after the Playoff Semi Final at Molyneux they were a complete and total embarrassment, I remember a dad and his daughter being accosted on their way out of the ground and indeed one or two of our older supporters being attacked without zero provocation.

Just a few weeks later after losing the final in the Millenium Stadium that Birmingham fans were completely and utterly graceless cretins and as such I''ve enjoyed watching their meteoroic demise ever since.

Despite the supposed reputation I''ve never experienced anything like this at Millwall, Cardiff and so forth, in fact the complete opposite.

I wonder how many were eating during the silence, there were quite a few getting served in the concourse in the 5-10 minutes before kick off?

There was a Morrrisons salad bowl being consumed just behind me, a hearty and healthy pile of conjealed fat and beetroot.

It was ever thus.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Was well respected where I stood. Shows it can be done. Let''s stop this clapping business  namely a minute''s applause for former players etc when they sadly die and show them the respect properly.[/quote]

It''s two different things.   The clapping is to show appreciation for a life that has affected us well and would be in keeping with the personality involved - like John Bond''s passing. The minute''s silence is more for occasions such as Sunday where the enormity of what is being commemorated is much more due solemnity and reflection.    

A couple of young teenage lads were eating hotdogs next to us during the silence.[quote user="Paul"]I wonder how many were eating during the silence, there were quite a few getting served in the concourse in the 5-10 minutes before kick off?[/quote]

I work in the concourse so it was pretty much impossible for me to observe the silence when serving customers, there were quite a lot of people in the concourse at the time of the silence but overall I don''t think anybody was particularly noisy or explicitly rude or disruptive.

Yes I think a lot of people got in the concourse 5-10 minutes before kick off and took their food to their seats in time for the silence.

[quote user="Herman "]I broke wind, loudly, during it. Is that wrong?[/quote]That you even have to ask such a question shows what a morally reprehensible young man that you are!