Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Whittaker = Liability

Starting him is giving the opposition a man advantage before the game has even begun.

If Adams is not blind or inept he will finally move Martin to RB and bring in one of the centre backs he has bought but for some reason has no intention of playing.

Rapidly losing faith in Adams who sadly but unsurprisingly looks out of his depth.

The obvious decision is to get Martin at RB because he is the best RB and not a very good CB, I think the reason why Whitts is starting is because he had a decent 2nd half v Bolton (despite being poor in the 1st half, especially with the ball). It''s still early in the season, we''re up against a good side, what worries me is does Neil Adams have enough to get us promoted? This is a big game and we haven''t turned up

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]Starting him is giving the opposition a man advantage before the game has even begun.

If Adams is not blind or inept he will finally move Martin to RB and bring in one of the centre backs he has bought but for some reason has no intention of playing.

Rapidly losing faith in Adams who sadly but unsurprisingly looks out of his depth.[/quote]

Been saying it for donkeys.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Yellow Messiah"]Starting him is giving the opposition a man advantage before the game has even begun.

Rapidly losing faith in Adams who sadly but unsurprisingly looks out of his depth.[/quote]

Been saying it for donkeys.[/quote]

Whittaker didn''t look great last season either. He is too lightweight and was directly at fault for some of the build up play for some of the goals we conceded.

The stand out one for me was at Fulham in Neil''s first game. He was easily beaten and the cross fed Rodellaga after we had been all over them.

Neil has repeatedly picked him since then and I don''t understand why.

It''s hard not to look for scapegoats and the persistence of playing Martin at CB and Whittaker at RB doesn''t add up.

I would love to know the thinking behind it.

[quote user="percy varco"]I agree he is struggling but he is not helped by Redmond''s total leck of defensive support[/quote]This is where tactics are letting us down imo.  The 442 or 424 as it gets sometimes is just way too open. When Wes was in the side we were open behind him too.   Redmond needs to have some freedom and the only place that he can do that is in a forward midfield role, maybe behind a lone striker. That would mean having four midfielders behind him to do the covering back, releasing him where he can do more damage - in other words the Wes role.   The defence is exposed every time a team breaks because we are too committed forwards. That was fine when we were scoring plenty, but that hasn''t happened for quite some time.    The defence may need shaking up, but the players in it now would look a lot better if the team had a more balanced set up. 

Redmonds lack of support? He was doing two jobs tonight, Whittakers performance was an embarrasment. Martin isn''t a CB and needs to get back to being a solid RB.

We desperately need a new centre half that isn''t poor. Until that''s sorted i don''t think we''ll even make playoffs. Boro''s number 4 looked decent, I wonder where they found him?