Sign in to follow this  
MarkU

Can I watch Middlesbrough v Norwich online?

Heard there is some way of watching games on my laptop, perhaps illegally and with a possibility of obtaining a virus. Does anyone know of a safe site I can tune in to watch the game tonight?

The websites themselves are operating illegally, but you are at no risk of being told off by your internet provider or anything like that.

And you do get a heck of a load of pop up ads and spam advertisements, but you just have to be patient and they do eventually go away and let you watch the game in peace.

Obviously the quality is pretty poor at times, but its better than driving all the way to Middlesborough on a cold Tuesday night

Thanks for the reply...what site should i use? I am ok with the pop ups, just be happy to see somthing rather than watch the news come through on sky/twitter.

The Wizi site has been most reliable so far this season. 

But I haven''t found any working online streams for the last couple of evening games so I''m hoping for better luck this evening.

Afraid I can''t make the trek up to Middlesborough due to family commitments.

I watched the Sheff Weds game on wiz. Was a funny but good picture, a bit like the footage you get of our games on the tvs around Carrow Road on match day. Theres no sign of any championship games on there tonight.

So to watch anything on Wiz, do i need to download anything? I am new to this, found the website, so i know i am halfway there!

We have purchased a legal version of the stream that the online sites use so if it''s on wiz then it will be on at The Ketts Tavern

Have to say nothing is listed yet though and we didn''t get the last evening game so can''t promise it will be on but rest assured we are doing all we can to get as many of the games as possible.

Will post again if we do get the game on

You do not need to download anything, Flash or otherwise, although you will be told that it is necessary.Look for the tiny x for closures, very small at times. The bigger and more obvious ones lead you to some sales site or other.Get onto full-screen as soon as you can. This can take a few minutes, but fewer interuptions. Firefox is best to avoid pop-ups altogether.It is a skill, you learn from mistakes but eventually become quite adept.Nb. These current Championship games (when covered) have no commentary.It is up to Betfair (?) whether they (Championship games) are actually broadcast and the streaming companies feed off these.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Ian"]Erm, are you joking Ginger?[/quote]

No... I haven''t seen an infected computer in years....[/quote]

Yours is probably infected, as a starter.

Viruses, or perhaps more so malware - has certainly increased over the years and 90% of ordinary PC users will have some kind of malware running without even realising it. Some of it causes no significant or obvious issues - but it''s there.

I literally just finished cleaning a laptop which has 218 individual pieces of malware - admittedly alot of these were actually just outdated registry entries but there was more.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Ian"]Erm, are you joking Ginger?[/quote] No... I haven''t seen an infected computer in years....[/quote] Yours is probably infected, as a starter. Viruses, or perhaps more so malware - has certainly increased over the years and 90% of ordinary PC users will have some kind of malware running without even realising it. Some of it causes no significant or obvious issues - but it''s there. I literally just finished cleaning a laptop which has 218 individual pieces of malware - admittedly alot of these were actually just outdated registry entries but there was more.[/quote]

Did a "cleanup" on a clients laptop last week.

Malwarebytes,first pass 5784, that''s the record so far.

Bloody hell.

Saying that, i''ve seen some ridiculous counts on MalwareBytes too and that seems to partially due to old software which was uninstalled but leaves behind trace logs and then 1500 registry entries!

Still - when you have people wondering if viruses still exist - you can see why it''s so easy for users to get them!

Flash Player, Firefox/Chrome, Install AdBlock Plus. Then use that certain site other people have mentioned.

Thank you for the information, will try it for my first time tonight and then for the Forest game...hopefully my McAfee Total Protection will protect me against the demons you''ve mentioned. I wish there was a legal way to watch it comfortably...too far Middlesborough on a work night and the Forest tickets went before my 850 points could have a look in. Someone said there is a satalite dish and receiver option, which i will look at researching when i find a company to ask.

Broadstairs is quite right about avoiding any invitations to download software. If you click on the x to get of an ad and another window opens, simply close that window and wait for another X or CLOSE button to appear. As soon as you can expand the window to full screen and you won''t get any more adds.

The sites I use are wiziwig and feed2all. Just type the name into Google and it''ll come up. Good luck.

It''s listed on feed2all but not on wiziwig, but we won''t really know until an hour or less before the match. None of the last Championship mid-week matches were broadcast so I''m not very hopeful about these as there are Champions League matches tonight.

If not, I''ll resort to Canaries Player Radio Norfolk broadcast.

I have been informed that if you go to another City sight WOTB (wrath of the barclay) and go to it''s message board .... some kindly soul usually puts up a safe link to the game a few minutes before the game startswould agree as above - download adblock and it will stop all the pop ups, ads etc - works brilliantly when using youtube as wella further downloan is cc cleaner (the basic will do) use it to clean up all manner of crap, check what is running at start up .... and will also clean your registry

if however you have been banished to the garden shed for the evening and have to listen to the game on radio snorefolk don''t forget to phone into canary call after the game is over 

Some sites now wont open up if you are using adblock, just disable adblock until you hear the match/commentary, then re enable, you shouldnt get the ads once you''ve cleared the first blast of them.