Sign in to follow this  
unique

Goalkeeper displays

This season there has been an endless display of excellent goalkeeping displays that have seen Norwich dropping points despite considerably dominating games.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said of Ruddy. How many points has he honestly earned Norwich when they have been up against it? For a keeper who had aspirations of playing in the last World Cup, I would hazard a guess that his saves to goals conceded ratio does not compare well with many other keepers in this division.

Not sure you can blame Ruddy too much, but it is annoying that we''ve had a number of games already where a side has scored with its only shot on target, were that we could be quite that clinical/fortunate.

I think he''s a good keeper but the stats don''t lie, 15 shots on target against us in the last 6 games and we''ve let in 8 of them.

Ruddy has not been good this season. If you make no saves and keep picking the ball out of the net, you have to take some responsibility. He''s nowhere near being an England keeper.

It seems to me that Ruddy seems almost immune from criticism. Hardly any mention of the rush of blood when he gave away a pently and cost us the points. Everyone else was blamed for not putting chances away, but no mention of him costing us the points.

As for England, forget it. He has never been international class.