Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Hoolahans Absence

I did wonder if Hoolahans injury would be a blessing in disguise for us because sometimes i think he can slow the play down when holding onto the ball for too long.

How wrong was i.....

Yes. The last thing we needed last night was someone to slow the game down. Plenty of possession in the first hald but it was ponderous and predictable. Middlesbrough were happy to watch us play in front of them and then they had a clear tactic of trying to exploit our right hand flank. In the second half we changed shape to try and chase the game, but they responded tactically themselves and we hardly had a kick of the ball. Defense needs sorting first, as we can''t always chase games and then going forward we need to be much more sharp and attack with pace.   

The only blessing from his injury was that it forced us to go back to 4-2-3-1. Unfortunately, we suck with that formation too.

No idea whats going on there ^was mean to say that the only blessing was that it forced us to revert back to 4-2-3-1. Unfortunately we suck with that formation too.