Sign in to follow this  
Canary

The most Frustrating thing...

We get the basics wrong - Basics of football which anyone should know. Any manager should know his strongest lineup and formation before the season starts. Adams didn''t. He played the diamond at Wolves, and in many pre-season games. It wouldnt surprise me if many signings were made on the presumtion that we''d be using the diamond. Same with the lineup. The whole Martin at CB debate, and Hoolahan out wide before his injury. Its a shambles at times.He doesnt learn either. Everyone could tell that 4-4-2 wasnt going to work, but he stuck with it for 6 games or so. Same with Hoolahan out wide and Martin at CB. He isnt recognising his mistakes, meaning he cant learn from them. The ''inexperienced'' argument no longer has anything to do with it. These are basics of football that are just as important at youth level. He should have these skills already.As for him continually playing Whittaker, it baffles me. I know we only have 90 minutes to judge players on, but at the end of the day, those 90 minutes are the only ones which matter. I dont care if Whittaker is the greatest footballer to have ever lived during the week at training, if he cant perform on game day, he doesnt warrant his place.I want him to succeed but it doesnt look likely. It''s far too early to sack him - we have to remeber that teams have turned much worse seasons around to challenge for promotion before in this league. We do have a bit of time to play with. (but not 5 months as with Hughton).The reaction of the players at Forest will go a long way to show whether they''re really up for it, and whether Adams has the dressing room. Big game.

Most certainly this. The amount of times even last night we just didn''t get the final pass right was really frustrating. We got into good positions and didn''t exploit them. Howson played so many over hit through balls that if done properly or a better decision had been made, we could have had some really good chances.

I think it''s a confidence thing at the moment. What i''d really love is for us to get a win when we really don''t deserve it. It sounds odd but I think we need a bit of luck to get the zip back into the players.