Sign in to follow this  
We need a Manager

Norwich agree £2million fee for Morrison

suggests to me that Aston is on his way ... what with Thorne joining and now this. How depressing. still, it''s not all over till the fat lady sings and we would come out the deal well if ashton was to go.

Two ways of looking at this:

1. Worthy and the board are really going to go for promotion with Deano and Morrison up front leaving McKenzie and Thorne as backups.

2. Deano is off

I just hope that it''s option number 1!!

What makes you say that Yella?

I hope you''re right!

Thinking about it, signing Morrison will send the right signals to Deano that Norwich really are serious about going straight back up.

Do you have sources yella fella? If so, sorry to see Leon go but what a double act in Deano and Clinton!! Just hope you are right.

Would like to think we can keep Ashton, Leon , Morrison all happy.

So Jarvis and Thorne are the guys struggling.

Hucks isnt really in the equation as hes played on the left virtually all his City career.

With the information we have at this moment - our midfield gaps, a seeming excess of strikers, a small player budget left to spend before the window closes - this looks like a very strange bit of business indeed.

Still lets welcome Morrison and wish him well in his career with us.

Bye bye Deano!

I can see no other reason for buying Morrison, we have no need for him if Ashton is here.  This seems like bad news to me.

IF (and it''s a damn big IF) he is an addition to Deano, why strengthen here and not in other areas where it is needed more?

I have come to the conclusion that Worthy is secretly woman because I just don''t understand him/her!

I agree this is a very strange bit of business i just really hope that tis dosn''t mean the departure of either leon or dean. I''m sure more will become clear in the next couple of weeks! Surely the 2 million spent on clinton would be better spent on a midfielder, sidwell or someone?

Very interesting!

if by some miracle deano stays then its good, if not
then he''s no replacement for deano, and you would hope
that wasn''t all the money, otherwise there''s still the holes
in defence and in the middle.

confusing news.

Have a horrible feeling we''ve spent the Francis money on Ashton''s replacement, and then will spend the money obtained from Ashton''s transfer on a Francis replacement/defenders. This doesn''t look good!

A Spurs fan has just taken great delight in telling me he''s had word that Ashton has been ''sighted at the spurs training ground'' ..... now he could be winding me up but I''m not really having an Asda moment.

Humph!

We better rip their faces off on the price ......

I too think its goodbye Leon. Personally ( I know he''s a legend), but I won''t be disappointed. Great energy and committment, not a great team player.

From the amount of times I hear commentators say McKenzie has made an aweful pass/cross/shot/attempt at control, I hope that Clinton might come in to replace the less hyped striker.

I agree that midfield may need more urgent attention, but we are definately making chances, and it seems that if we had someone better than McKenzie, we would have twice as many, and more chance of converting them.

Bit shocked to see this actually. I assume Morrison has yet to agree terms so I''m remaining cautious. Like most others, I would have put a creative midfielder and a centre back before purchasing another stiker. But if neither of those are available, then this is a positive move by Worthy.

Unless someone offers silly money for Ashton, I don''t see why Deano should move on before the transfer window closes. That gives us half a season to get into a league position where Ashton can see we have a strong chance of returning to the Premiership. So hopefully he won''t be tempted by offers in January.

I would take the word "team" out of your last sentence, Cheeky Monkey.

Leon''s passion and committment are great for the fans and I admire and respect him for it. But his touch and passing are not up to standard of top championship/Low prem level, so for this reason I hope it is he who goes.

Don''t think it will be though.

Hi, Palace fan here.

I think you''ve made a shrewd signing here. Clinton has a lot of attitude, but he also has a lot of talent.

It didn''t happen for him at Birmingham, but when he was at Palace, some of his boxwork and finishing was excellent. H''s especially good at turning on the ball and firing quick shots away. Not sure if this will compliment you''re current attacking line-up as I don''t see much of you.

Anyway, if he has a slow start, be sure not to get on his back as he''s a very sensitive soul. However, I think a family club - as you are - is the right place for him to blossom as a player.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I can see you finishing second....behind Palace of course!

Morrison is not a target man so I think it''s more likely that Leon will leave for Reading with Sidwell coming here in exchange, just a hunch but if it happened would be a good move.

[quote]Hi, Palace fan here. I think you''ve made a shrewd signing here. Clinton has a lot of attitude, but he also has a lot of talent. It didn''t happen for him at Birmingham, but when he was at Palace, som...[/quote]

OMG !   he`s got  ATTITUDE !!!     I mean ... we just got rid of one player   with that problem , now we buy another !   whats going on Worthy ?

bloody good player though isnt he? Cant see Ashton going, it all points to morrison and Ashton double act... possibly curtains for leon, but i wouldnt even bet on that.

While this signing has come as a major surprise, I''m very happy with it. That of course is not to say that I wouldn''t have preferred the money to have been spent elsewhere. One can only hope this (rather puzzling) move doesn''t signal Deano''s departure. A Deano-Clinton partnership would be truly awesome. Clinton, like Leon, always gives 110%, but has more class, composure and vision.

Yes, Clinton has a bit of an ego. This is what helps make him a great player. He''s a little cocky alright, but not in the same destructive manner of a "Bellamy type". Clinton was obviously upset with the Pandiani purchase, but still gave his all whenever he was called upon.

With the acquisition of Clinton, we now have a strike force that would be the envy of most premiership clubs...lets just hope there''s still a bit of cash left to strengthen where we really need it!