Sign in to follow this  
pete

Adams here for some time

If the Board took the right decision and replaced Neil with a proper manager in the shorter term to give us a chance of promotion we might have a slim chance but they won''t, Because the club have put in place a management team that will be unlikely to be acceptable to a new manager. If Neil goes the assistant manager, technical director and first team coaches are likely to be surplus to the new guy''s requirements. Getting rid of the current management team and replacing with a new managers support team will be too costly and be unacceptable to the Board. Adams will therefore be here for the long term to learn his trade.

The Board need to be asked serious questions about where the club is heading at the forthcoming AGM.

Yes I mentioned it at the time

But they hold the strings and can cut them any time.

I do think I have seen enough inconsistent performances that I can say that adams may get us up but in the prem he would need to be replaced. That for me was why we needed a better manager this summer, that is our ambition.

This league is much harder to get out of than dropping out of the prem and we need to make it as easy as possible. Having Adams learn on the job is not the way to do it when we need championship standard players lifted, organised and developed.

long way to go but the board have to be prepared to do it and they are accountable for his and this type of appointment. Certainly do not think this was a mcnally appointment. But either way rumblings should happen as if we want to go up and stay up we need confidence in the manager.

[quote user="pete"]If the Board took the right decision and replaced Neil with a proper manager in the shorter term to give us a chance of promotion we might have a slim chance but they won''t, Because the club have put in place a management team that will be unlikely to be acceptable to a new manager. If Neil goes the assistant manager, technical director and first team coaches are likely to be surplus to the new guy''s requirements. Getting rid of the current management team and replacing with a new managers support team will be too costly and be unacceptable to the Board. Adams will therefore be here for the long term to learn his trade.

The Board need to be asked serious questions about where the club is heading at the forthcoming AGM.[/quote]I really doubt it will cost too much to replace them , Adams and his team will be getting paid peanuts its why they have the jobs in the first place .

Smooth wrote ''Certainly do not think this was a mcnally appointment.''

This, smooth, is the most important point and not many on this board have recognised or accepted it.

Im afraid at the mo Bowkett and McNally appear to be puppets - searched all Europe, indeed!!