Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Get Pulis in now

We need this man in now, he will take us up and then keep us up. End of. I said from the day we appointed ''Nayul'' that he wouldnt get us up, since when has any team in the championship gone up with a nobody as a manager. Experience and tactical nouse is the key in the championship.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Why ? did we not have enough boring football with Hughton[/quote]

i''m sure Stoke fans didnt care when they got promoted and got an FA cup final too.

excitement or success.. what means more to you?

hardly boring, did you see the performances with palace ? scored plenty of goals. for example, 3-1 win away at everton, coming back to draw at home against liverpool 4 all etc etc. People assume hes a longball man just because he was at stoke for years and they had the tallest squad.Anyone who watches football will see that this has changed recently.hughton was in a league of his own in terms of sh*t foootball. Worst season i can remember in 15 years of going.

I have been thinking about this a lot today, almost distracted me from my work a couple of times, but then had some thinking time in the dentist''s chair.

I''m one for wanting a settled club, and even though NA was not my preference I have genuinely wanted it to work out for him.

BUT......this IS a massive golden opportunity to bounce back at the first attempt, he has a terrific squad and there is no way we should be tonked like we were last night by ANY team in this league.....in my humble opinion.

So, whilst it would certainly appear harsh to some, when taking into consideration all of the facts, then I would certainly not be complaining if the club were brave, very brave and changed to an experience hardened manager with knowledge of this league and a record of how to get out of it.

As for Tony Pulis, before he joined Palarse he was on TV a lot over here as a pundit, and you couldnt help but be very impressed by his knowledge of the game and the way he spoke tactically, particularly about defending. He played things differently at Stoke and Palace based on the resources at his disposal and I feel would be an amazing appointment for our club and where it is right now. Plus, right now the football style NA is showing is really is not "getting our Norwich City back" type football is it? ...despite all the initial promises. Pulis is a clever coach, very clever and he would have our squad firing very quickly I''m sure.

I would love it to work out for NA......but common sense and many years following the game and Norwich City tells me that it isnt....plus I was one of those who was happy to give a very capable manager in Chris Hughton longer and have learnt from that mistake....I hope the club has too.

To Dubai Mark - I completely agree with you. I really want it to work out for NA...but the last five weeks suggest it isn''t going to. A very good start, but things have stalled - badly. As for Pulis, yes please. He is someone who appears to make players feel confident - he has something about him. He has a game plan. And as for those who bemoan his style of football - what style is Adams playing? A style that looks pretty grim to me and results in too many losses. I hope the club have learnt not to wait too long.

Dubai Mark and Hungry Like a Wolf. I can only agree with you both.

I too like stability but the signs are there. A few weeks ago I would have given NA until we become detached from the top 6. We have not yet, but it is beginning to look like it is only a matter of time before we are. And waiting till we get there just costs us precious time.

Moronitis is catching and seems to be mainly abroad

It must be spread by "looking crap on the radio last night"

It''s tough, but being sentimental isn''t what football is about. I want NA to succeed and hope he wins Saturday, but if we are on the end of another defeat I think the international break should be used to bring in someone who can come in and freshen up the atmosphere, and get the team playing the football that was promised as well as the goals and points that were promised to go with it.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]It''s tough, but being sentimental isn''t what football is about. I want NA to succeed and hope he wins Saturday, but if we are on the end of another defeat I think the international break should be used to bring in someone who can come in and freshen up the atmosphere, and get the team playing the football that was promised as well as the goals and points that were promised to go with it.[/quote]Agree with this – a win against Forest on Saturday could save Neil''s job, but could equally be another ''If we beat West Ham it will relegate us'' scenario. I just can''t see us going up under NA, whereas under Pulis I think we''d be virtually guaranteed top six, and probably top two. Can''t believe I''m saying this given how much I hated him as Stoke manager, but the football he got Palace playing last season was very different to his style at Stoke. He''s a lot more versatile and canny than people give him credit for.

Like I''ve said before I have often thought Pulis may get a go here and it would be interesting to see how quickly the catholic cconspirators crawled out of the forum litter tray..

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]If we were to change maneger Pulis gets my vote. [/quote]Sadly two big problems in the way will Adams get the sack i doubt it any time soon, and if he did would Pulis want to come here anyway ,i have a feeling he is hlding out for a prem job.

Firstly, I don''t think Adams is in any danger. Secondly, I don''t think we would be at all attractive to Pulis. But of those currently available he is the stand out candidate.

Unfortunately I doubt it, but you really would hope the board had learnt from their mistake persevering with Hughton for too long. That cost us our premiership place, and persevering with Adams could cost us our possible return to the top flight.

The Pulis who managed Stoke - I wouldn''t wany anywhere near here; but the Pulis who managed Palace would be welcome !

I doubt very much if persevering with Hughton too long cost us our Premiership place. I should think that spunking the budget had more to do with it. Some will argue that Hughton could have stayed and got the points needed. I think it''s best to move on and support what we have now. If you people honestly think we should be sacking Adams today then you''re as entitled to that opinion as I am in thinking we shouldn''t. But to start bringing Hughton and last season into it serves no purpose surely?

The board made what in my view was an egregious error by sticking with Hughton following the Christmas fiasco against Fulham next season. Had we appointed Wanock at that point we would be kicking a football around in the PL today rather than experiencing the groundhog day reenactment of sticking with Adams this.

If anyone really thinks the board will sack Adams then they are deluded. The board of this club have been shown up time an time again for what they are, Clueless fans with no idea. We clearly got lucky with Lambert and havnt had a game plan since.

[quote user="JF"]If anyone really thinks the board will sack Adams then they are deluded. The board of this club have been shown up time an time again for what they are, Clueless fans with no idea. We clearly got lucky with Lambert and havnt had a game plan since.[/quote]

I''m afraid if you seriously think that the board of our club have been shown up time and time again to be clueless fans with no idea by the fans on this forum then it''s you that''s deluded. I would say all the eveidence suggests the opposite is the case and if the clueless fans on this forum ran the club it would long since have gone out of existence. Just look where we are. Just look where the clubs who the posters on here aspired to. How many of them would you change places with?

If a disappointing result made you believe the tripe you just posted then I am amazed you ever manage to function at all.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="JF"]If anyone really thinks the board will sack Adams then they are deluded. The board of this club have been shown up time an time again for what they are, Clueless fans with no idea. We clearly got lucky with Lambert and havnt had a game plan since.[/quote]

I''m afraid if you seriously think that the board of our club have been shown up time and time again to be clueless fans with no idea by the fans on this forum then it''s you that''s deluded. I would say all the eveidence suggests the opposite is the case and if the clueless fans on this forum ran the club it would long since have gone out of existence. Just look where we are. Just look where the clubs who the posters on here aspired to. How many of them would you change places with?

If a disappointing result made you believe the tripe you just posted then I am amazed you ever manage to function at all.

[/quote]Yes but lets be honest Nutty if Delia put a hamster in the managers seat you would give it 100 % support and swear it was the best decision for the club .

Well now cheapy, if some of the clueless ones like you thought the hamster was a bad idea on all known data it would certainly be worth considering....

[quote user="martin peters boots "][quote user="Budapest Canary"]If we were to change maneger Pulis gets my vote. [/quote]... would Pulis want to come here anyway ,i have a feeling he is hlding out for a prem job. [/quote]Which might easily be the case him being the patron saint of endangered PL clubs.

We are where we are NN simply because we got lucky in one appointment. Lambert dragged the club from the lowest level it had been for 50 years. We dropped to that level because of one pathetic decision after another by the people at the top. The board simply got lucky with Lambert and since his departure they havn''t had a clue. Appointing Hughton as his replacement, a manager the polar opposite of Lambert crushed any chances of the continuity that has served Swansea and Southampton so well. And the icing on the cake has to be the long search across Europe taking weeks to only appoint the guy already in the job. I like Adams and hope he turns it around but if he fails the failure is not his, it''s the boards.

Hughton was a good appointment at the time to bring stability and to try and build a team for a long term, Prem future. It worked for one season but failed for various reasons, second season. Swansea and Soton had a long term plan which is working phenomenally well. Us, under Lambert,had no long term plan because everything happened so fast. If we had stayed in the Champs for another season things maybe would have been different. I think we are currently trying to follow their long term plan, club philosophy, with Adams/Holt, but it''s not working that well at the moment.

Do you believe luck can get this club from where it was in 1996 to where it is now. Do you believe our club is the envy of so many others through luck? Do you think 4 seasons out of the last 10 have been premier league through luck? Do you think the other clubs who have failed in our wake are unlucky?

Do you live your own life relying on luck? You must have shed loads of rabbits feet...