Sign in to follow this  
Cheap Cheap Cheap Canaries

Throwing Promotion Away With Neilio

Seriously, what''s wrong with some of the fans on here?!

OK so we''re having a poor half, we''re basically getting destroyed defensively but firstly we''ve only played 40mins and secondly we''re going to lose games this season!

We''re looking OK up front but poor defensively - I also would rather have another CB in and Martin at RB but with Martin and Turner at CB we''d actually not conceded many goals this season (not many at all!) so it was obviously working!

Let''s see what the score is in an hour''s time!

Done  for pace first goal stupid challenge for second would not be in my squad at all. We will be average with Adams board screwed up again spend 20 million of parachute payment and are any of them playing, he will not change things too stubborn, Holt and Robson no better than Calderwood and Trollope.

We''re going to struggle defensively every game this season with this back 4. An ordinary player with pace looks like a world beater against our slugs.

I think the term for some of you is ''fairweather'': barely a comment when things are good but throwing your toys around when they aren''t...the sort of thing my 7 year-old does.

Not at all pickle. Adams has had enough games for us to make a judgement now. Even when we were winning it was obvious we weren''t good enough at the back. You can''t keep giving the opposition easy goals and expect results.

Quite simply Mick McCarthy would have this squad promoted with points to spare

Pickle...you go to games don''t you? Surely you can''t say we''ve looked like contenders have we? Especially the defence is shocking

The honeymoon is over. It probably was 5/6 games ago.

I wasn''t impressed with the appointment but early results gave us some promise that the quality of the players would see us through by overpowering teams in the second half of games.

Whether teams ''park the bus'' or not, losing points to Brum, Charlton, Wednesday, Leeds, Fulham & Rotherham tell us we are where we deserve to be.

We had no Plan B and the games became predictable - against ''lesser'' teams we had 60+% possession, 20+ shots but contrive to draw/lose against those teams as they sit back and score with their only attempts on target.

I fear as we play the stronger teams, we will find they can turn us over as easily as Boro are tonight.

Whatever the reasons for the slide;

Weight of expectation

Complacency

Poor tactics

Players played out of position (Martin/Lafferty)

Lack of managerial experience

Surely the board need to think hard about what the rest of the season looks like...and maybe break with tradition in this part of the world and do something before it''s too late.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]The honeymoon is over. It probably was 5/6 games ago.

I wasn''t impressed with the appointment but early results gave us some promise that the quality of the players would see us through by overpowering teams in the second half of games.

Whether teams ''park the bus'' or not, losing points to Brum, Charlton, Wednesday, Leeds, Fulham & Rotherham tell us we are where we deserve to be.

We had no Plan B and the games became predictable - against ''lesser'' teams we had 60+% possession, 20+ shots but contrive to draw/lose against those teams as they sit back and score with their only attempts on target.

I fear as we play the stronger teams, we will find they can turn us over as easily as Boro are tonight.

Weight of expectation

Complacency

Poor tactics

Surely the board need to think hard about what the rest of the season looks like...and maybe break with tradition in this part of the world and do something before it''s too late.[/quote]

FFS - how''d that winking smiley get on there?!

Things haven''t been right for several games now have they?

Yes, we are currently underperformimg; trouble is, on what can we base any genuine optimism? Our early momentum during the honeymoon period has been lost whilst Ipswich & co appear to have found their rythymn.

Given the players we employ, securing 3 points from a Tuesday game at places like Middlesboro is not a daydream. If we really want promotion it''s an absolute necessity!

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]The honeymoon is over. It probably was 5/6 games ago.

Weight of expectation

Complacency

Poor tactics

Surely the board need to think hard about what the rest of the season looks like...and maybe break with tradition in this part of the world and do something before it''s too late.[/quote]doesn''t do watford any harm

Over the course of a season each team will probably go through a dip in form for 5-10 games...it just happens! Most teams have theirs in the period after xmas. If we can stay there or thereabouts and this is our dip in form then we can regain ground on our rivals when they have their own dips in form later in the season. You can''t judge a manager after 14 or so games unless we''re down in the relegation zone or something!

I agree we have issues, especially with Whittaker who isn''t having his best month for NCFC but give it time guys!

You can excuse the odd poor result, even 2 or 3 of them, but the longer this run goes on, and we sound worse than average tonight, then it does become more difficult to defend the manager and some of the players.As much as I wanted Adams, and as much as I want him to succeed, something is not right and something needs to change, quickly.

[quote user="im spartacus"]doesn''t do watford any harm[/quote]Oh, but didn''t they lose tonight to the team in the bottom three that got stuffed 8 a couple of weeks ago.Funny old game, ain''t it?

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="im spartacus"]doesn''t do watford any harm[/quote]Oh, but didn''t they lose tonight to the team in the bottom three that got stuffed 8 a couple of weeks ago.Funny old game, ain''t it?[/quote]Yep, its a funny old game alright.I suggest a period of reflection and a good nights sleep.Good players don''t become bad overnight.Remember, there are still 30 games to go.[Y]

We are on a poor run and still only four points off top.Adams job is on the line but then so is every managers job in this league.He will either get it right or be gone before Xmas.