Sign in to follow this  
Jeff butler

Nigel Worthington

With Worthy living local and not currently in gainful employment I think it would be a good idea to get him giving the radio commentator some much needed help.

He has seen it and done it before in terms of getting out the championship

As much as I would like to see Adams go McNasty is so arrogant he won''t accept he has screwed up again until it is to late. Getting Worthy to help is the least bad option

Jeff, me your mother and your grandmother have been waiting for you to come downstairs for breakfast.

Stop tugging it and come and get your toast, the sunshine bus will be here soon and those windows aren''t going to lick themselves.

Ah yes Nigel Worthington the man who most recent achievement was being a flop at the mighty York City.

People are knocking the OP for this but I think its a really good idea.

It is not really relevant that his last post was at York, the fact is he knows the club well and has a huge amount of footballing knoweldge having managed at the top level both as domestic manager and also been an international manager.

He is certainly in no worse a postion than Joe Royle to at least provide Adams with a wiser old head to assist given his own inexperience.

Yes the game has changed a lot but it is still basically just about trying to score more goals than the other team!

Not sure what the downside would be, surely any help is better than none (unless of course the decision is taken to actually get an experienced manager in!!)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Ah yes Nigel Worthington the man who most recent achievement was being a flop at the mighty York City.[/quote]

don''t let Nutty hear you say that! ;)

Tilly''s not been to ''The Andrews'' for a fair few years now. If he doesn''t get there again soon he''ll lose his discount......

;)