Sign in to follow this  
Buh

All those that were determined to see Adams fail from the start

You are all dirty football hipsters and you project your anger at your own failed miserable lives at the football club and whoever happens to be in charge.

Lower creatures than binners in a coalmine in holland

Yours faithfully

The Norwich support who are sick of hearing your s4it all the time.

Every manager is going to fail at some point, the life of a manager is very short so at some point he will lose his job or move on.

I have not wanted him to fail just felt he was not equipped for the role. I was numbed by his appointment and felt that his lifeline as a manager would be shorter because of that.

Every manager must be aware that by getting past xmas they have achieved well, if results and performances, tactics continue sporadically as they have this season till Xmas he may be in the hot seat.

I have no problem with that automatic promotion is the aim and we have to play like we are serious about that.

Wow, that''s a whole lot of anger that I''m hearing. There is a big difference between being miserable and being passionate. What I get from this board is that people are so passionate about the club doing well. Sometimes these expactations are too high - sometimes not. From a personal perspective I didn''t expect us to run away with this league - it''s a long and difficult slog. However, if you look over the last five week the performance and results have not been good enough. Given the fact that most people felt we waited too long with Hughton, it''s inevitable that a run like this prompts some (me included) to have doubts about the direction we are taking and to question if we have the right people making the decisions. Whilst I didn''t expect it would be a cakewalk, and most clubs have a bad spell, I think this is something more than that. Time will tell. You can support and follow your club, and be critical at the same time. Having "blind faith" is what got the board into trouble last time. I for one want Adams to succeed - he wasn''t my first choice but I certainly support him and the club - but you don''t get long as a manager these days. We have no right to expect to walk through this league, but we should have high standards and expect better than the last five weeks. And before any nonsense comes flying my way...no I am not a binner. OTBC. 

"Passion" to see the club do well is very much an addiction to being miserable. Some of our fans want us to fail to fulfil their own selfish self fulfilling prophesies. This club is just a punching bag for them. Sad.

That''s an interesting observation - but completely flawed I''m afraid. You see, I am a Chatered Psychologist - and I know about the evidence (not just opinion) from scientific research on passion in sport. The evidence is clear - passion in sport is related positively to psychological wellbeing. In other words there is no evidence to link passion to being miserable - in fact quite the opposite; being passionate about something is good for us. There are two types of passion - harmonious and obsessive. Your hypothesis makes some sense when linked with obsessive passion - but the evidence has not found obsessive passion to correlate with poor psychological wellbeing. For reference please see "Social Psychology in Sport" by Jowett and Lavallee. Have a nice day.   

So people don''t go to the football to have a moan an take out the frustrations of their general lives out on the players, manager, price of pies, colour of the nets need I go on!

Doesn''t take a Chartered surveyor or ferry or whatever it is you are to work that one out.

People definitely have self fulfilling prophecies, you see it I here all the time "I always said he wasn''t the man for the job" "I was the first to say he was s4it" it''s so obvious. The race to be proven right, and be miserable is far more important than actual support to a poisonous core of our fanbase.

Write a book on that.

I don’t think

anyone wanted see any appointed manager fail.

There are

couple of huge factors against Adams appointment which will stick to him for some time.

Firstly is

that a large number of fans were totally underwhelmed with this appointment

after being relegated from the prem. and you have to think there was someone

better.

Secondly is

the lack of experience, Yes/could/maybe a good manager in the future for only those

who are happy to sit it out.  And this is

what frustrates and divides loyal fans. After all this was a huge leap from

what Adams was doing with the Academy and very different managing professionals.

I wish him success,

but…………

Buh; did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning?

I don’t think

anyone wanted see any appointed manager fail.

There are

couple of huge factors against Adams appointment which will stick to him for some time.

Firstly is

that a large number of fans were totally underwhelmed with this appointment

after being relegated from the prem. and you have to think there was someone

better.

Secondly is

the lack of experience, Yes/could/maybe a good manager in the future for only those

who are happy to sit it out.  And this is

what frustrates and divides loyal fans. After all this was a huge leap from

what Adams was doing with the Academy and very different managing professionals.

I wish him success,

but…………

Buh; did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning?

You wish him Sucess but....

But?

But you "never wanted him in the first place"

"You knew he''d fail"

"You wanted x instead"

What a selfish bizzare viewpoint

Just points towards really poor support for me. Why should these fans hide behind "being passionate" when they are in fact just poor fans?

You wish him Sucess but?

Why would there even be a "but"?

Success for Neil Adams means success for NCFC so why would there be an additional argument?

Determined to see him fail ? no , just as clear as crystal that he would in fact anybody with an ounce of sense and football knowledge could see it a mile off its another Gunny appointment . No more than a handfull of supporters wanted him in the first place ask yourself why .

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Determined to see him fail ? no , just as clear as crystal that he would in fact anybody with an ounce of sense and football knowledge could see it a mile off its another Gunny appointment . No more than a handfull of supporters wanted him in the first place ask yourself why .[/quote]

These are wise words and represent the view of the majority of reasonably minded canaries

Waveney, stop playing with yourself and go and "play" with your sister like you usually do.

[quote user="Buh"]You wish him Sucess but?

Why would there even be a "but"?

Success for Neil Adams means success for NCFC so why would there be an additional argument?[/quote]It''s quite obvious to me. Success for NCFC is the aim for all of us, but success for Adams is a transitory microcosm of that. If Adams is not bringing NCFC success, then people may believe a different manager may have a better chance of bringing success to NCFC. It''s all a case of where people stand on the dichotomy between stability and stagnation. Obviously you''re very much in favour of stability, and very noble a viewpoint that is. At what point does that change, though? Do you see it as imperative that we get promoted this season? And, if so, does the current lapse in form concern you?

When we are 4 points off the top in friggin November I''m not calling for his head.

If someone can explain how they can want Adams not to do well and want Norwich to do well when he remains in charge of NCFC that''d be dandy

It''s self interest, all the time. Just wanting to be individually right and gain some sort of imaginary capital or bragging rights. Even if it''s at the detriment of the club you claim to support.

That attitude will always, always hold us back as a club.

[quote user="Buh"]When we are 4 points off the top in friggin November I''m not calling for his head.

If someone can explain how they can want Adams not to do well and want Norwich to do well when he remains in charge of NCFC that''d be dandy

It''s self interest, all the time. Just wanting to be individually right and gain some sort of imaginary capital or bragging rights. Even if it''s at the detriment of the club you claim to support.

That attitude will always, always hold us back as a club.[/quote]Yeah, I hear that – I was saying much the same during the Hughton Civil War last year. If you deride a new managerial appointment, chances are you''ll be vindicated within 12 months in the current climate. I wasn''t in favour of Adams'' appointment, but desperately wanted (and still want) him to succeed, and I''m sure the majority of fans feel the same. However, it''s natural for people to become concerned when what was almost universally agreed as the strongest squad in the division is enduring the current run of results and performances. You must be able to see that there are rational, moderate fans who are genuinely concerned about Adams'' ability to arrest the slide?

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Well done buh. Just stick to your angry op and ignore the rational responses from the wolf. Comfirmation bias over objectivity every time for me.[/quote]Shush, Bristol, he''s attempting reasoned debate! Don''t interfere... [;)]

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I noticed that. Nicely done.[/quote]Cheers. This little conversation is like a Shakespearian ''aside'', I''m sure nobody else can read it.

First of all, who died and made you king s4it? If there were leigons of fans singing his name at the Bolton game? Were they being ironic? No. The people that want Neil out and have "concerns" I.e. Are football hipsters with no intention of supporting the club, just fulfilling their own BS predictions, are very much the minority. You want failure, you court it and you will find some way to bring it about.

You only have to look at how fans reacted when Hughton kept us up the first season and we finished 11th. Some fans were totally gutted. When we beat man city away last day of the season there were fans that were beside themselves and latching on to anything to be negative about. They wanted disaster, relegation and disappointment and when that was not delivered as thy expected it all the excuses came out.

There is a certain type of fan that represents a considerable number, enough to be recognised as a problem, make deliberate negative predictions about the club they claim to support to be "proved right" and massage their own egos. It''s a cold fact and a worrying one. There are fans that support this club that have a vested interest in seeing it fail and that is just plain wrong. It has and will hold us back for generations.

This type of fan stops the club from fulfilling it''s potential.

I want a manager that has he capabilities to lead our team on a project over 2-3 years.

One that can have confidence of putting out a team in the premiership, as our goal in promotion.

I feel adams can get us promotion, but the inconsistencies need to be ironed out, in an business the up and down way the performances are masked by the end results, however recently the end results have been poor with no real movement forward. Just more questions.

I want a manager who is building for the next two to three years who is clap able of bringing confidence that if he takes us up he can hold his own in the premiership for one and two seasons.

That is our aim in the short term after being relegated.

We are four points off top but in this league we can be four points off the top two and possibly miss the play offs.

Hence we need someone who demands results, brings that confidence structure and also can do it in the league above.

Adams will have until xmas but he will be looked at by the board, I just wish they were looking further ahead as if we do go up with adams the same questions will be asked if we are in the premiership.

Massive month for Adams and the board as the decision at xmas could be huge.

[quote user="Buh"]First of all, who died and made you king s4it? If there were leigons of fans singing his name at the Bolton game? Were they being ironic? No. The people that want Neil out and have "concerns" I.e. Are football hipsters with no intention of supporting the club, just fulfilling their own BS predictions, are very much the minority. You want failure, you court it and you will find some way to bring it about.

You only have to look at how fans reacted when Hughton kept us up the first season and we finished 11th. Some fans were totally gutted. When we beat man city away last day of the season there were fans that were beside themselves and latching on to anything to be negative about. They wanted disaster, relegation and disappointment and when that was not delivered as thy expected it all the excuses came out.

There is a certain type of fan that represents a considerable number, enough to be recognised as a problem, make deliberate negative predictions about the club they claim to support to be "proved right" and massage their own egos. It''s a cold fact and a worrying one. There are fans that support this club that have a vested interest in seeing it fail and that is just plain wrong. It has and will hold us back for generations.

This type of fan stops the club from fulfilling it''s potential.[/quote]Seems to me as if your thesis is lacking in any kind of quantitative research methodology, it''s just based on individuals you have encountered and (quite understandably) developed a considerable distaste for. I don''t have any facts to back up my opinions either, though, so for the sake of avoiding an unnecessary sh!tfight I guess we''ll just agree to differ.I was chanting his name at the Bolton game, because I want to support my club, my manager and my team. That doesn''t stop me from having concerns about his style of management, his tactics and his ability. If that makes me a hipster who doesn''t support the club by your twisted criteria, I guess I''ll just keep growing my beard and listening to obscure indie bands. It''s not such a bad life.

The best defender at the club is playing his football at Watford for the simple reason he does not rate Adams as a manager , says it all really or perhaps Bassong is really a binner . Success for Norwich will be promotion the best chance of promotion is to employ a proper manager .

Hey smooth, you know what else is smooth? The body of a snake. That''s what you and your kin are, snakes. Not to be trusted and only in it for themselves.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Buh"]When we are 4 points off the top in friggin November I''m not calling for his head.

That attitude will always, always hold us back as a club.[/quote]Yeah, I hear that – I was saying much the same during the Hughton Civil War last year. If you deride a new managerial appointment, chances are you''ll be vindicated within 12 months in the current climate. I wasn''t in favour of Adams'' appointment, but desperately wanted (and still want) him to succeed, and I''m sure the majority of fans feel the same. However, it''s natural for people to become concerned when what was almost universally agreed as the strongest squad in the division is enduring the current run of results and performances. You must be able to see that there are rational, moderate fans who are genuinely concerned about Adams'' ability to arrest the slide?[/quote]

Pretty much bang on from me. Can he manage & motivate the city players ego? As captain does Martin have too much of a say where he wants to play?

This weekend is huge for both Forrest & us.

If you cast your minds back to before Adams was appointed their was a survey of the potential candidates at the time I can''t remember who exactly was on the list but it included Lennon, Mackay, Zola, etc and Adams. Not a particularly inspiring list at all but the result of the poll had Adams rock bottom with about 5%

When he was appointed there was a massive underwhelming feeling by the majority and therefore to win over this majority view was always going to be difficult for him - not saying he still can''t but results and performance as we have been getting do just reinforce the reasons (justified or not) why people didn''t want him in the first place.

Wanting him to fail is something totally different - in my book anyway - I''m sure no NCFC supporter wants him to fail as ultimately his failure is our clubs failure something I would hope none of us want...

Well all those candidates have done well since, haven''t they?

You can hope no fan wants Norwich to fail all you like, fact is there are those that do because it fits their viewpoint and their viewpoint is more important than supporting the club