Sign in to follow this  
obiwancanary

Toffolo/Thompson update

Evening all

Again last night I was fortunate enough to be invited to watch Swindon v Preston with one of the sponsors. It was pleasing to see two our players on show and both put in good shifts.

Thompson - played left handside of three in midfield but would also then sit deep. He was neat and tidy in possession and not afraid to stick his foot into the tackle. I was most impressed when he picked up the ball from deep and drove forwards. If he can strengthen up then this could be a massive asset for us in the years ahead. He also came into the sponsors lounge after the game and was very articulate talking about the match.

Toffolo - played left wingback. Again very neat and tidy in possession and put in a few good crosses which the fans around me were impressed with. He also forced the keeper into a smart save second half. Also was never beaten by their midfielder to put crosses in.

Will report back if I see anymore games in the near future.

Thanks for the report...........hope young Thompson fulfils his promise somewhat better than Jacob Butterfield (think it was) who was a similar player but never quite kicked on how we hoped him to.

Thanks for the update, obiwan. I''ve been meaning to find some match reports to see how these two are getting on.

Love the username, by the way. Made me chuckle.

Thanks from me as well for the update, obiwan. I notice that Jacob Murphy started for Blackpool and scored as well in their 2-2 draw at Fulham. The future does look bright!

Lots of promise wherever we look-the Murphy''s, Toff and Thompson, McGeehan (though seems to have gone quiet around him, is he injured?), King and McGrandles to name but a few.

If we don''t go up this season would expect a very different look to the starting XI next time around as the big earners and occasional egos depart and we go for the ''young and hungry'' plan with players like the above and others.