Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

jacob murphy straight in

2-2 now 5 mins to go Fulham 28 shots to 7 !! lol shooting practise..........

If he''s good enough to start for Blackpool and score and make an impact, why can''t he start for Norwich and make an impact?   Lafferty hasn''t scored. Redmond hasn''t scored. Surely he could have been given a chance at Norwich before now, before being sent out on loan? 

Because LDC - one goal from 2 yards out doesn''t really mean you''re in a position to start for a team challenging for the top spots.

Credit to Jacob and hopefully this loan spell is vital experience for him but nobody knows him and his game better than Neil Adams.

There''s every chance Norwich could bring me on at 80 minutes and if i''m two yards out and fed the ball i fancy my chances. Doesn''t mean they should look to play me!!

It says more about our strength in depth and blackpools troubles than anything else - he has the opportunity to start on loan and we should be pleased.   But why does anyone think scoring a goal means a good performance?  Its great,   but that simplistic view always evades me! 

Josh is a clear step ahead of Jacob in terms of ability, yet he has struggled to make an impact starting for us,  so why would jacob?     

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

It says more about our strength in depth and blackpools troubles than anything else - he has the opportunity to start on loan and we should be pleased.   But why does anyone think scoring a goal means a good performance?  Its great,   but that simplistic view always evades me! 

Josh is a clear step ahead of Jacob in terms of ability, yet he has struggled to make an impact starting for us,  so why would jacob?      [/quote]

If Jacob does well at Blackpool, then it may help him in the short term - but not necessarily in his Norwich career.  The only way he can learn to play at a supposedly top championship club is by actually playing for it.  He''s our player, if he''s good enough for Blackpool''s first team, he''s good enough to have featured at least coming on as substitute for us this season.   We want the Murphys to do well. If you believe they are good enough for the championship, play them in our team, not someone else''s. We''re not exactly pulling up any trees with what is out there at the moment.  Give their head - believe in them and play them.   Blackpool put Jacob in straight away, then took him off as he tired.  I would like to see Josh doing that too - starting and getting stuck in at the beginning of matches.

The championship is currently full of teams that have our ex-players and current players on loan and doing well.  Its a bit galling if we have to watch Blackpool doing well with one of our starlets too.  Blackpool took a point off Fulham getting 2-0 up with a goal from JM. More than we achieved against them.... A few good results and they will be in the mix too.  Good for Jacob? Maybe..... Good for Norwich? Not imo. He''s a Norwich player, if he''s good enough for the championship he should be playing......for us.

He made a great run behind the right full back coming in from the left.Late runs and movement, didnt learn that at Colney, you are meant to stand still and wait until you are marked.Did Blackpool mistakenly think they had got Josh in or were they playing him on the "wrong" wing?

Great move for young Jacob and good to see him score in his first game