Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Are we the Chelsea/Manchester City of the Championship.

I thought we had one of the most expensive squads and budgets, so expected to be in the top 2 positions in May. If this is not the case, us expecting promotion should shut up and let the club drift to a mid table championship position and hope to not get relegated to League 1 again in the near future.

more of a Liverpool I hate to say it.

wishing we were better than we actually are and hoping everysone else took us seriously.

[quote user="simmo_2"]I thought we had one of the most expensive squads and budgets, so expected to be in the top 2 positions in May. If this is not the case, us expecting promotion should shut up and let the club drift to a mid table championship position and hope to not get relegated to League 1 again in the near future.[/quote]

Anyone that expected promotion is just being hopeful rather than realistic.  We have individuals with ability - but that does not guarantee success - so realism would suggest that we have good players capable of doing damage, but promotion will be a hard slog with ups and downs along the way.   Some people seem to think we would shine above the rest of the division in a kind of Man City way.  That is patently foolish and the real issue is that there are plenty of strong teams in the division, all capable of beating each other on a given day.  So it will be a struggle, but hopefully we will get there.  Hope - not expectation.  

If we don''t get it, we will try again the following season until we do get promoted. The finances being good will ensure we can mount a challenge season after season - but this season isn''t done yet - and we are in with a good shout of being up there in May this season.   

I think we have the best squad in the league, particularly in terms of strength in depth. At the least, i''d say we are on par with the likes of Derby, Boro etc.

LDC is correct in saying however, that brings no guarantees. It give us a better chance, certainly, but there''s plenty of variables which form part of a promotion!

On paper we have players who have proven themselves in leagues equivalent to - or better than - the Championship.

I think we''re only 4 points from top - so it''s far from over unlike others have suggested.

Some of the problem, in my opinion - is that us, the fans, the media, the management - have made it clear we have quality that exceeds most teams in this division. Is it leading to complacency? Not intentionally - but if players are constantly being told how good they are it could be having a psychological impact.

We''ll have to wait and see - but to not get promoted - or at least near to (play-offs) - it would be a failure with out current squad.

No we are not we do not have the quality, and we would be silly to think we could walk this league that is why the manager position was so important. As we needed this group to perform better and if we do go up it is clear that extensive recruitment is required again.

No premiership exodus happened, Surman went to Bournemouth, pilks to Cardiff and neither lighting up the league.

We do not have players who have dominated this league yet, and it is a tough league to do it.

We do not have the finances other than the parachute payments to be a force.

I do not expect anything other than our players proving why they should be playing in the league above, as of yet it has been very sporadic and consistent with a team that has problems.

Somehow we are in the mix but if we were consistent in games we would have drifted away from this pack.

Following all the replies to this post its amazing how we have gone from a club who finishes 11th in the premiership to a club who should be hopeful of a play top 6 place in the championship in 17 months. If the downward slope continues the same in the next 17 months I hate to predict where the club will be in April 2016.

We''re only little ''ole Norwich Simmo... ''we cant hope to compete with clubs like er....oh any of them really because we''re only...er..[:$]"we don''t have the finances APART FROM PARACHUTE PAYMENTS"  FFS!!! THATS A BIG BIG FINANCIAL ADVANTAGE OVER EVERYONE ELSE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP EXCEPT FOR CARDIFF AND FULHAM!!!Especially as we are free of external debt!!!!I knew the ''expectations are too high'' mantra was going to be trotted out as soon as relegation was confirmed and we started to wallow in this league.Who exactly is it that has the authority to set the bar where expectations should be I wonder..I despair of a lot of the Norwich support I really do...[:$]

[quote user="simmo2"]Following all the replies to this post its amazing how we have gone from a club who finishes 11th in the premiership to a club who should be hopeful of a play top 6 place in the championship in 17 months. If the downward slope continues the same in the next 17 months I hate to predict where the club will be in April 2016.[/quote]

Just OTT pessimism. Get a grip man.