Sign in to follow this  
David Matthews

Malky released by the hammers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/4162702.stm

West Ham defender Malky Mackay has left the club after his contract was terminated by mutual consent.
The 33-year-old has slipped down the pecking order following the signings of Danny Gabbidon and James Collins.

"I''m sorry to be leaving West Ham. It''s a terrific club and I''ve thoroughly enjoyed my time here," Mackay told the club''s official website.

"But at this stage of my career I need to be playing on a regular basis and it is the right time to move on."

Mackay, a former Scotland international, joined West Ham from Norwich last summer and made 22 appearances to help the club gain promotion to the Premiership.

---

theres the full story

I too, would welcome Malky back, we know we would get a whole hearted player, good in the air, and a leader. (who also scores his fair share of goals) however i cannot see it,  he must be gutted,helping getting two clubs promoted, then being released by both. But what a true pro he is, always gracious and never bad mouthing the teams.

Malky you are a star!!!!!

You have to feel sorry for Malky - he''s won promotion to the premiership with two clubs in two consecutive seasons yet he''s been released by both before he''s had a chance to play in the prem!

[quote]I agree but NW will not do this because that would say to everyone that he cocked it up when he released him last year noth said[/quote]

I don''t necessarily agree with that. I believe that Malky could do a job in the Champ but isn''t good enough for the Prem and that''s why Worthy let him go! I don''t think it will happen but re-signing him wouldn''t definitely mean letting him go was a mistake!