Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Dropping Ruddy

Anyone who listens to canary call will know that a couple of times this season callers have suggested Ruddy getting dropped. I for one wouldnt as he has been an amazing signing & come on a hell of alot in 4 and a bit years. And what a steal for £400k. But i can see why people are questioning him lately as i dont think he looks himself. Is it me or does he seem to be getting beat a bit too easily from distance. Seems to have made more mistakes this season than he did in his 3 years in the prem. Do you think this is due to Watson moving on or am i being a tad bit harsh. Dexlan Rudd looks a decent keeper but i would be very suprised to see him reach the level Ruddy has been at.

Although I have full faith in Rudd and at 23 he is at an age where he needs to be playing. Just not sure that Ruddy can be dropped at this time!

It might be best all round to stick with Ruddy for the time being.

I don''t think it will be long before Rudd will move into the no1 spot.

Or is it more about a general problem in defence. The back four is slightly unpredictable, and prone to a few clangers a match, right now.Ruddy is way busier than he should be.

before the boro match Ruddy only conceded 9 goals in 10 matches. People are off their heads if they want him dropped.

Ruddy wins us more points than he looses. When you''re on a bit of a dodgy run people will always look for scapegoats and so far Ruddy, Whittaker, Martin, Turner, Hooiveld, Olsson,  Johnson, Hoolahan, Grabban, Laferty, Redmond and Hooper have all had the finger pointed at them.And of course, these are the very people who thought we we''re gonna hammer everybody, every week & win the league by 20 points at Christmas.

Drop Ruddy and he''ll be gone in a shot, ridiculous calls by our so called fans. They should be questioning why Adams bought in 3 central defenders but then plays Martin there instead, well out of position.

Some have said that''s how he plays well for Scotland and what Strachan prefers. Sod him and their national team. Martins best position is right back and far better than Whitaker there.

We need a spine in the team but we also need a rock hard defence.

Ruddy is a rick-merchant who deserves his place no more than any other.  So when does get the young goalie get his chance?  How old do you have to be? How long does he have to sit on the bench?  How sh*te does the main man have to be before it''s his turn?Ruddy is not that good, honest. And he certainly isn''t getting any better, which usually means he''s going backwards.  Now is the perfect time for Rudd, pressure-wise.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Dropping Ruddy would send a message to the whole of the squad, that nobody is guaranteed a place.[/quote]And be a stupid thing to dowho should we pick on today?

Dropping Ruddy is the single most stupid idea I have heard this season.    Ruddy is exceptional and has made a few world class saves to keep us in matches this season. 

The confidence has been ebbing away in the last few weeks - even against Bolton, the last twenty minutes were abject with the midfield disappearing once O''Neill went off the pitch.   That confidence needs to be restored - a battling 0-0 or a win today would help.  Ruddy is key to that.  Batten down the hatches and make us difficult to break down, allowing Redmond a free role up front.  A 4411 would be ideal imo.                    RuddyWhittaker Martin Turner Garrido  Howson Tettey O''Neill Ollson                   Redmond                    LaffertyLafferty is more like Grant Holt in that he gets in people''s faces.  We''ve not yet seen him in that front role where he can show that where it matters.  With Lafferty annoying defenders and Redmond darting around behind him, four solid midfielders behind them, I believe we have the means to be effective right through the team.

Ruddy is not exceptional, certain Norwich fans think he is and they are a little deluded. He''s a reasonable keeper, nothing more, this is why he gets nowhere near an England squad even though Dave Watson is goalie coach.

Most matches he seems to do nothing and then get beaten by a relatively tame shot from 25 yards. I''m not saying dropping him is the answer, just that he''s nowhere near as good as certain Norwich fans make out.

Clint " most games he seems to do nothing".....such wise words Clint.

Would you prefer it if he did card tricks during these quiet spells?