Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Metaphor, simlie or analogy?

The board of our football club have put me in the mind of the kid down the park who''s football you used to play with. Everyone wanted to play World Cup, but he wanted to play headers and volleys and as he would threaten to go home and take his ball with him, you''d have to put up with playing headers and volleys.It''s pretty much the same with Norwich City now days. Delia and MWJ are the kid with the football and we''re forced to put up with headers and volleys because the only other kid in the area with a football supports Ipswich and we don''t want to hang out with binners!!!!!

WTF???

The only other kid in the area is called Marcus, his ball stinks of bin and there''s no way his games have ever matched those of Delia and MWJ.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]The board of our football club have put me in the mind of the kid down the park who''s football you used to play with. Everyone wanted to play World Cup, but he wanted to play headers and volleys and as he would threaten to go home and take his ball with him, you''d have to put up with playing headers and volleys.It''s pretty much the same with Norwich City now days. Delia and MWJ are the kid with the football and we''re forced to put up with headers and volleys because the only other kid in the area with a football supports Ipswich and we don''t want to hang out with binners!!!!![/quote]I''ve always suspected that the club uses the media and social media to quell dissent, going beyond the obvious Archant connection. At moments of crisis a sycophantic Mick Dennis article will be published, pro-incumbent blog posts will appear and an army of vociferous inners will suddenly rise up on the forums. They always try to denigrate the outers and trot out the same excuses, as if they''re all reading from the same script.