Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Better teams find a way to win..

You may have to remove one manager before you appoint another but you can select the new manager before you remove the old one Foggy. All I ever here from you is ''sack him''.

Indy, you give it to the best man. Your Junior argument comes from trying to taylor a point of view to fit the circumstances. When the results don''t favour an experienced manager we get people clamouring for an up and coming replacement.

You can be sure that when Adams time is up the board will once again choose who they believe is the best candidate. If he iisn''t immediately better, experisnced or not you will know best again. That''s football I guess.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You may have to remove one manager before you appoint another but you can select the new manager before you remove the old one Foggy. All I ever here from you is ''sack him''.[/quote]
Bizarre because I don''t seem to remember calling for Hughton''s head.  And I have not called for Adam''s head, although I must admit, we are on a very worrying run of form and currently look a very average side, this after a decent spend from Neil Adams in the summer.  
I also am unsure why the likes of Pilkington, Surman, Fox, Bassong and Bennett were shipped out to our rivals. Three of those five (Pilks, Bassong and Bennett) would probably make my First XI.  Surman seems to be excelling at Bournemouth.
[quote user="nutty nigel"]You can be sure that when Adams time is up the board will once again choose who they believe is the best candidate.[/quote]
But sadly we cannot be sure that the board will act at the best time for the club, given the complete shambles that was Hughton''s removal.

Well be brave and come up with something Foggy. Convince me that replacing Adams will get us promotion. Don''t just say "sack him" and hope for the best because he could be followed by Grant, Roeder and Gunn. Or Connor, Solbakken and Saunders. Or Clarke, Pearce, Bassett, Adams, Atkinson, Platt, Hart, Kinnear, Hardord, Megson, McParland, Calderwood, Davies, McLaren, Cotterill, O''Driscoll, Mcleish, Davies, Brazil, Pearce....

Or just stick your head up your bum and do nothing like last season!

But like you say Nutty it makes no difference what we say the board hold the cards and will make that choice when they see fit.

I''m sad to say I respect and admire the board for sticking with it for so long, but a fresh set of ideas would be nice.

The last appointment in MacNally made a huge difference maybe another younger board member might just have more drive.

Just my opinion.

Your opinion is that I can stick my head up my bum???

You struggle on here don''t you Indy. Apart from saying sack Adams or sack the board what do you think should happen? Or do you believe they are the answers...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Convince me that replacing Adams will get us promotion. 

Don''t just say "sack him" and hope for the best because he could be followed by Grant, Roeder and Gunn. Or Connor, Solbakken and Saunders. Or Clarke, Pearce, Bassett, Adams, Atkinson, Platt, Hart, Kinnear, Hardord, Megson, McParland, Calderwood, Davies, McLaren, Cotterill, O''Driscoll, Mcleish, Davies, Brazil, Pearce.... 

[/quote]
Convince me that keeping Adams will get us promotion, because at this current moment in time, I just do not see it.
I am not sure all those names deserve to be in the list, some have achieved successes.
Your mention of Connor and Solbakken should be a wake up call to the board, another club who put a novice in charge - they ended up with a double relegation.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You struggle on here don''t you Indy. Apart from saying sack Adams or sack the board what do you think should happen? Or do you believe they are the answers...

[/quote]

No nutty I meant the board! Sorry matey :-)

It''s 17 games and not working but getting worse......if you had an infection would you just stick with it and hope it gets better or would you try a different medication?

A little like this situation. Don''t wait till 5 games before the end of the season, change things and try something different. Yes Pulis.

The point I am making is that you can take any club and find the same thing. If you think people from that list at Forest were acceptable to their fans, fans who think they are still on a par with Liverpool and Arsenal then you''ve gone a bit radio rental during your sabatical...

I can''t convince you Adams will get promotion and I''ve never claimed he will. I''m not even sure if he will prove to be the right man. But what I do know is I''ve seen more poor replacements than good ones over the years at all clubs. Take comfort in Rickyyy''s words. Adams will run out of road eventually. Then take no comfort from mine because the chances are stacked against us getting better in as a replacement. Whichever way it goes let''s hope we are lucky.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No nutty I meant the board! Sorry matey :-)

It''s 17 games and not working but getting worse......if you had an infection would you just stick with it and hope it gets better or would you try a different medication?

A little like this situation. Don''t wait till 5 games before the end of the season, change things and try something different. Yes Pulis.[/quote]

Gangrene is an infection. Good job a cure was found before a doctor, or even a butler, wielded the axe....

If we changed the manager Pulis would be my choice. Not least because the Bury massive would have apoplexy....

Quote Nutty:-

Buhddy.. When I was a small boy my very first pet was a tortoise called Timmy. On a damp cold day the most he could manage was to poke his head a little way out of his shell but to all intents and purposes he''d be lifeless. Then on a warm sunny day he''d be full of beans. His head and neck would leave that shell and he''d be nearly dancing around the garden. A slow dance anyway.

So as above Nutty you think the best thing to do when things are not going well is to stick your head in your shell and hope things get better.

Says it all  doesn''t it.

The medicine they took that gave a gangrene cure was McNally and Bowkett pills and taking it a bit easier in the back seat

Seems if the brief respite may now be failing.

Lets hope it is only temporary and the cure continues.[;)]

I am struggling to decipher the point you are trying to make Butler. It may be because I''m posting from my phone but it seems like you quoted from my post about those who are more active in defeat? If that''s right what reason are you giving for their absence after a win?

The problem is that statistically only 4 teams I believe have won automatic promotion (finished in the top 2) back to the Premiership since the Premiership began.I''m reminded of the Nigel Worthington comment about Dean Ashton "If I''d known he was going to play like that, then maybe we should have sold him in the summer". You colud sack Adams now, and come January the next manager might be going to McNally and quietly suggesting that a few players weren''t truly up for it and it might be for the best if a Premier offer was on the table that we took it.For every manager with a good record of getting teams promoted, they have a pretty equally dismal record of bumping around at the bottom of the premiership: McCarthy, Mackay etcIf a great manager was available I''d take him in a heartbeat. And don''t say Pulis...........

Sometimes it''s a strength of a manager to ask an experienced person for help!

Could it be that Adams might take the next two weeks to ask for help from Walker/Stringer or ANO?

Somtimes the team and manager need a fresh pair of eyes.

back to the OP.....Its not just finding a way to win.......its also making sure that if you cant win, you certainly don''t lose.

look at the Charlton home match, should have been a point, Fulham away , Murphy hitting the bar with 10 mins to go.....and then today, even if we did let in a late equalizer we should still have made sure we got out of there with a point.

even those 3 extra points, though neither of them ideal at the time, would be putting a slightly better complexion on the league table now.

..........and thats of course before we go on to discuss draws that should have been wins vs birmingham,rotherham,leeds and sheff weds.

Of course you''re right GJ, but the point I was trying to make is that while we have a good collection of players we are certainly not yet a good team. That may come and I hope it does but for now we are not as good a team as some of the poorer collections of players we have played.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]For every manager with a good record of getting teams promoted, they have a pretty equally dismal record of bumping around at the bottom of the premiership: McCarthy, Mackay etcIf a great manager was available I''d take him in a heartbeat. And don''t say Pulis...........[/quote]
So what you are saying is.... it is tough to stay up in the Premier League? No s***.  We aren''t in the Premier League.
As for Tony Pulis, Premier League Manager of the Year 2014, he has experienced both the highs and lows and come out a better manager for it.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]For every manager with a good record of getting teams promoted, they have a pretty equally dismal record of bumping around at the bottom of the premiership: McCarthy, Mackay etcIf a great manager was available I''d take him in a heartbeat. And don''t say Pulis...........[/quote]
So what you are saying is.... it is tough to stay up in the Premier League? No s***.  We aren''t in the Premier League.
As for Tony Pulis, Premier League Manager of the Year 2014, he has experienced both the highs and lows and come out a better manager for it.