Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Better teams find a way to win..

Once again we had the better players but were shown to be second best as a team. As we proved last time we were in this league the best team can find a way to win against a better groupof players. Forest did that to us today. We have to become a better team to have any chance in this league. That is so much easier said than done.

Nige, just a question, no antagonism, Adams, in or out?

If you can''t score more than 1 game, and you can''t keep a clean sheet, it''s hard to win.

Dare I say a more experienced manager would find a way to change things to keep hold of wins.

Look at Ipswich, poor squad with an experienced manager who knows how to get results.

We have a good squad with an inexperienced manager who doesn''t seem to know how to dig results out

No antagonism but it really does depend if somebody better comes in. Sacking Adams solves nothing. Its not an answer in itself. Why do so many believe it is?

Yes a team spirit and an understanding of your place in a team unit is essential to a great side.

Now - who is responsible for generating that? Manager and captain in my view

Not enough heart and bottle. Plenty of the ball, plenty of ability but a distinct lack of character and balls.

A second goal would have seen them fold today, their fragility was evident when we scored. Unfortunately our glass chin was evidenced again; we sat content at 1-0 but as soon as they equalised their belief filled as quickly as ours emptied.

The players looked haunted at the end.

The combination of players we''ve signed over the past few years just doesn''t seem to click. As individuals they''re all decent but this team has done almost nothing but under perform and be complete pushovers ever since the first post Lambert transfer window.

I''m not sure any manager we could attract is going to be able to fix this mess. I''d say it''s time for Ollson, Turner, Johnson, Tetty and Grabban had a spell out of the team alongside Redmond, Hooper and Whittaker. I''m really sick to death of this group as a team.

-----------Ruddy--------

Martin--Cuellar-Miquel--Garrido

--------O''Neill---Howson----

Jerome----Mcgrandles---Murphey

---------------Lafferty--------

That''s maybe too many changes but I''m just desperate to see a fresh team that might hopefully have some more cohesion and a better mentality.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No antagonism but it really does depend if somebody better comes in. Sacking Adams solves nothing. Its not an answer in itself. Why do so many believe it is?[/quote]Because he isn''t the man to get us promoted. Already the team look devoid of confidence and running scared of losing.Tactically he looks worse than Hughton.

The general feeling is Nige that a more experienced manager would be doing a better job. Adams appointment is clearly not working. As many here feel this is our best chance to get back to the promised land (although tbh going into every game with little hope of winning in the EPL doesn''t really appeal to some extent) we really don''t look even coming close to achieving that.

As for a replacement, Pulls is available as are many Managers currently employed with other clubs, should the rewards be enticing enough!

Something really need an to change.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Yes a team spirit and an understanding of your place in a team unit is essential to a great side.

Now - who is responsible for generating that? Manager and captain in my view[/quote]

Absolutely agree Zipper. Many questioned the appointment of an inexperienced manager and are understandably now venting their anger after the results, performances and team selection we have been getting. However only a handful questioned the appointment of Martin as captain, many thinking there was no other choice...for me the captain is generally ( not always ) is a leader on the pitch - Russell Martin nice chap I''m sure he is has never been or will ever be a leader on the pitch (aka Holty) someone who leads from the front, ups there game when the chips are down, lifts the crowd and therefore the rest of the team to perform better and raise their game. Sorry Russell you are no leader....

So Ron, what you''re saying is anyone with experience would be better than Adams. I don''tagree with that but I know many do. II''ve seen it unfold badly too many to.times to fall for it yet again.

Time and time again the better teams outshine the better squads of individuals in this league. How confident are you that another manager can instill this into our players?

Sparto, I''ve said many times I have always thought Pulis would manage us at some point. If he was our next managed I''d be far from disappointed.

OK Nige, so from what you''ve said we should stick with Adams because changing manager is to much of a risk?

Experience counts a great deal to being a decent manager, you don''t get experience in a job if your unable to do that job well.

I think the vast majority on here felt that Adams appointment was a mistake, but still wanted the team to do well. Unfortunately many on here at the moment are being proved right, let''s change it before its too late!

No I''m saying that sacking the manager solves nothing. What you seem to be saying is that sacking the manager and hoping for better is the way forward. I disagree.

Yea Nige I am saying sack the manager, in my opinion and the results lately bear this out, he is not up for the job.

I really think you can''t fail to agree that the position we are in with the players and wages we are paying those players we really need to be a lot further up the league than we are. There is always a gamble with a new manager, conversely, hanging on to a manager too long can have a far worse outcome as was the case with Hughton!

Anyway, forever,

OTBC!

I don''t know Bristol. All I can do is support. In my experience a single player can help create that team togetherness in the right circumstances. Duncan Forbes and grant Holt are 2 who spring to mind. For whatever reason we don''t seem to have that at the moment. What do yyou think?

What a load of wishy washy tosh Nige.
Managers make a difference, look at the difference between Lambert''s Norwich and Hughton''s.  We currently have one who had no experience of managing top class players when we hired him and is learning his trade. There is absolutely no risk in removing him, as we can''t be doing much worse.
Having said that, the board did scour Europe before they realised they had the best man for the job at the club already....

Well I rest my case Foggy. Sacking Hughton solved nothing.

Its always about the appointment and who can do better.

And it is never just anyone...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well I rest my case Foggy. Sacking Hughton solved nothing.

Its always about the appointment and who can do better.

And it is never just anyone...[/quote]
Well in all honesty Nige, who thought appointing the youth manager was the right choice.. Not me for one, and it is a sorry state of affairs now it is turning sour.  We even had a 5 game cameo, during which we ended a must win game we weren''t winning with no striker on the pitch.  A result that was lauded on here!
The board scoured Europe... my word, just appalling. The timing of Hughton''s sacking, appalling.  Sadly this is turning into a shambles fast.

But its the appointment that counts not the sacking which in itself isn''ta cure. I only ever see you post about sacking them Foggy. Thats far too easy.

When Adams runs out of road he will be gone. Whenever that is let''s hope we don''t see you for a long time Foggy ;)

Nuttys absolutely right though. We could sack Adams right now. But then what? We are no better off unless we have someone better to come in.

Pulis an option, not sure our board would fancy him

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But its the appointment that counts not the sacking which in itself isn''t a cure. I only ever see you post about sacking them Foggy. Thats far too easy.

When Adams runs out of road he will be gone. [/quote]
Well, yes, because you have to remove a manager before you can appoint one. And people do put names down of who they would like to see replace the current manager, so I am not quite sure what your point is.
I have no idea if Adams will be removed, the owners are after all, still the same people who tried to talk Brian Hamilton out of resigning.

So what your saying nutty is that even though Adams appointment is failing, you say do nothing and just support the slow train wreck we appear to be heading towards?

Not to do anything is just criminal, it could cost the club millions in the long run.

I know there are never any gaurantees but would you put a junior engineer as head of GE or BP because he run one good project? Or would you find or poach a manager with a proven track record and experience to what you want your cmpany to achieve.?

I don''t know what the answer is, but if we do change manager I just hope we don''t appoint someone to "fit in" and be a nice guy. We actually need someone to come in and shake things up a bit. For me, Pulis would be a great choice but not convinced he will come.

Sack Adam and appoint Pulis is the perfect answer.Easy enough to find out if Pulis is interested before we give Adams the boot.

I don''t know either Nigel whereas I could see the faults in the CH regime. This situation is different as I don''t think that NA is getting much wrong. The players are poorer than we believe imo.