Sign in to follow this  
Jeff butler

Paul Lambert

Just had a quick look at villa vital forum. Looks like he is on very thin ice.

I wonder if he does get the sack where he will end up next. I can only dream

["Jeff butler"]Just had a quick look at villa vital forum. Looks like he is on very thin ice.

I wonder if he does get the sack where he will end up next. I can only dream

Why do we need Paul Lambert now???

As great as he was for our club I bet if he came back as manager it wouldn''t work and it''d be similar to Mike Walkers 2nd spell in charge of the club!

Shouldve stayed 1 more year, another good season in the prem and he probably would have been in the running for a good job with bigger club, Everton (when Moyes left) and Tottenham (when Harry left). Was in such a hurry to leave first sign of a bigger job. Just cant see how he can now manage a club better than Villa or a team fighting top 8. Stock is hardly that high since he left us.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Shouldve stayed 1 more year, another good season in the prem and he probably would have been in the running for a good job with bigger club, Everton (when Moyes left) and Tottenham (when Harry left). Was in such a hurry to leave first sign of a bigger job. Just cant see how he can now manage a club better than Villa or a team fighting top 8. Stock is hardly that high since he left us.[/quote]oh dear

Not only did Norwich get lucky when PL was appointed, but it is increasingly looking like PL got lucky coming to Norwich. It was a perfect marriage.

But then PL saw what he thought was a richer more attractive woman. But it turns out she was not that rich after all and was a bit older than he thought, having seen better times in the past.

But this leaves Norwich as the woman scorned and hell has no fury like that.

So even if a reconciliation was in the best interests of both parties I do not believe there is any way our scorned board would want it.

Two and a half years on, it really is time to move on.

I don''t think god himself could sort out perennial underachievers Villa!

I''ve always maintained that had Lambert stayed another season, we''d of finished lower than we did with the much maligned Hughton, indeed Lamberts Villa finished below that season!

All we heard that season was that Villa were a club in transition which I''ve always thought was b* llocks cause Villa are a massive club that averages well over 30,000 and have been in the top flight since the late 80''s!

If Lambert fails at Villa this season and is sacked which is likely he''ll have just two lower table finishes with Villa with no real sign of progress on his CV!

[quote user="kingsway"]I don''t think god himself could sort out perennial underachievers Villa! [/quote]

I don''t think that there can be any doubt that Villa are the biggest midlands club. They stand 7th in the all time Premier League table and 5th in the full All Time table.Its just that their best days are some distance in the past.bit like the Binners in that respect.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="CJRV 2014"]Shouldve stayed 1 more year, another good season in the prem and he probably would have been in the running for a good job with bigger club, Everton (when Moyes left) and Tottenham (when Harry left). Was in such a hurry to leave first sign of a bigger job. Just cant see how he can now manage a club better than Villa or a team fighting top 8. Stock is hardly that high since he left us.[/quote]oh dear

[/quote]So what did happen then?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"].....oh well, at least he''s got a jovial assistant to cheer him up after that defeat today.....[/quote]or a man waiting to take his job.

It''s silly to want him back at Norwich.But i''ve never really understood some of the bitterness towards Lambert. He''s the best manager we''ve had at the club during my lifetime, and performed an absolute miracle turning us around as he did. Some City fans seem to have forgotten just quite how bad we were before he came in. So he moved on to a bigger club. Get over it. He undoubtedly deserved his chance at Villa. Shame he''s blown it though, as i wish him luck for the rest of his career after what he did at City, but that''s football.

Dour football, a counter - attacking home strategy with a toothless strike force and a "park the bus and cross fingers" away strategy. Been there done that thanks.

why would we want a failure of a manager.. if he gets sacked he''s failed...

plus his long ball game wouldn''t work with the players we have now. hoof it high and hoof it hard!

Seemingly there are a few very short memories, I can''t remember Lambert being negative. With the squad he had available back in the Prem he was limited in the way he could approach certain games but unless I''m much mistaken that was against teams that''d cost hundreds of millions to assemble.

Why he chose to move to Villa was always something of a mystery to me as well, yes they get drawn into this whole ''Big Club'' lark but I also firmly believe he could have got himself a much bigger and better job than that with another year with us under his belt. A quick look at Roberto Martinez CV is the best point of reference here.

Seemingly he won''t be at Villa much longer so hypothetically would I have him back? Yes absolutely but I doubt very much Ian Culverhouse would be coming with him so a back room team would be essential, you only have to look at the two nimrods Hughton chose to keep by his side.

What he achieved for us is beyond reproach and beyond compare, he did and always will walk on water in this household.

Randy Lerner seems to have a lot to learn about football. After just 4 games this season he gave PL and improved deal. Next 6 games lost! You reward when something has actually been achieved.

Burton Albion don''t have a manager, and it''s not a million miles away geographically from where he is at the moment. That could be a good career move for him when he gets sacked.

It''s well known Villa don''t have any money to spend. If Lambert is sacked they''ll be looking for a replacement who has a track record of assembling a decent team from freebies and loans. Who''s out there who fits the bill?Why, Mick McCarthy of course! Perfect! [:D]

"Why, Mick McCarthy of course!"Please don''t wish that on our Brummie friends Lapps.

He might be worshipped in Binland but his CV is not that brilliant. His Premier league record is quite dismal, in fact.

He resigned at Millwall yet left a legacy of some poor and expensive signings that many at that club blamed for their subsequent relegation that season.

Ireland went to pot after that World Cup and he resigned in the nick of time.

He promoted Sunderland, but again it all went to apeshite, and he again resigned in time to avoid the push.

Wolves actually sacked him after a poor run of form culminating in an humiliating home defeat to the club''s arch enemy, the Baggies.

In fact, all his appointments have ended in tears.    (Wiki and time on my hands.)Let''s wish that outcome on 1p5wich rather than Villa.

" ...counter - attacking home strategy with a toothless strike force and a "park the bus and cross fingers" away strategy.. "

I think he just tries to play to his teams strengths.

With the pace and muscle they have up front in that team, counter attack sounds like a decent approach. They didn''t park the bus against QPR and looked pretty motivated against Spurs.

However best laid plans and all that, a couple more losses and he''ll likely be gone, even if Learner is just holding out for a buyer and doesn''t want to make any hard decisions.

I see Villa have had to cancel their October goal of the month competition....as they didn''t manage a single goal all month. [:D]

[quote user="whoareyou"]I see Villa have had to cancel their October goal of the month competition....as they didn''t manage a single goal all month. [:D]
[/quote]

[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif[/img][/url]