Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Substitutions

Why didn''t he bring on Hooper for Grabban and Redmond or Murphy for Johnson to give us some width and pace.?

Lafferty doesn''t score that many goals and Grabban is having a drought, so where were the goals going to come from?

There were options on the bench, so why weren''t they used?

I''m losing my patience with Adams now, we are in free fall, so I thing major changes have to be made.

I would have liked Adams appointment to have worked but it looks like it''s not going to, so I think he has to go before it''s too late and we get involved at the wrong end of the table.

Have to say that the lack of substitutions today was a surprise.  Forest put three subs on early to try and change the game.  We didn''t respond and simply replacing Jerome with Lafferty later on was fairly pointless imo.   What was required imo was a response to bolster the midfield.  But we just seemed to carry on in the same way, the midfield not responding - or not able to respond to Forest''s improvement - Johnson in particular continuing to maraud forwards  - as he did against Bolton when he came on against them  with much the same result with gaps opening up in midfield.  We needed fresh legs and an extra person in midfield, not a replacement attacker.

I was very surprised that Redmond didn''t come on after 70 minutes. You have to retain an attacking threat.

I made the point on paddy davitts twitter in the 2nd half when he said the space was opening up for us to counter that Redmond should have come on. Instead Lafferty comes on and by the sound of things was lucky not to be sent off. Lafferty is turning into a liability. If i was Hooper sitting there watching Grabban getting chance game after game despite being poor and missing chance after chance i would be looking for a way out.

& we play three relatively defensive midfielders in Johnson Tettey and O''Neil and still get opened up at the back with ease. So what the f... Is wrong, as it''s been happening week after week after week. I''m getting really fed up with it.

We have to have some width and pace, any team does, so why isn''t Redmond or Murphy or McGrandles playing?