Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Most alarmed about Adams' reflections

Apologies if this has already been commented on but I am truly stunned by Neil''s analysis of the game I watched yesterday:

“To produce a performance like we did and go home empty-handed is obviously a sickening feeling. To play like we did for 85 minutes if the whistle gets blown then we go home saying, ‘perfect response, perfect reaction,’ and all those positives from the performance but ultimately none of that counts.”

This is quite simply NOT TRUE!

The performance was POOR!

It wasn''t a perfect response and reaction to the Boro result AT ALL! If Forest had been half as fluid as Boro it would have been a similar score!

We were sluggish, unimaginative, scored totally against the run of play and offered zero in the second half against a team shot of confidence and on an appalling run.

I am amazed that his conclusion can be that we deserved more. My confidence in him has nose dived after these comments.

Looks and sounds like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Feel sorry for him, he should never have been put in this position. The utterly clueless board have a lot of answering to do.

Just one of a long list of deficiencies in our current manager

Completely oblivious to what is actually happening trying to say things that he thinks the fans want to hear, which he has since day one of his ridiculous tenure, I''m amazed there''s anybody left to defend him

Spot on Cantiaci

The fact that we were leading until 8 mins from the final whistle has masked just how poor the overall performance was;

we did score against the run of play which knock the stuffing out of forest until half time; sadly we created very little (grabbans header aside) in that key 30 mins when we were on top because the build up was slow, the passing lax and the movement turgid. But what more do you expect with those 4 midfielders - its what they do.

The reality is the midfield lacked sparkle and the defence to a man continued to lack discipline and structure - both goals were defensive nightmares due to errors from multiple players from the back 4. These are recurring themes that teh coaching staff should have resolved by now but seem to have not seen - Adams comment was we defended well is disconcerting.

For 60 minutes we were second best to a clearly demoralised and poor forest out fit - its hard to say we deserved even just a point from the game as we were second best all over the pitch, made basic errors which lead to both goals and failed to take any advantage when they were in their knees.

We should not be starting another game without the game stretching attacking threat of a fit redmond

As they said on Canary Call, I''m sick of hearing that our performances have been good but without getting a result. What we were crying out for was a second goal in the first half. Forest were rattled after the first but we failed to exploit that yet again. It''s no good having possession if you don''t do anything with it and I am absolutely fed up with us letting teams back into it. The Forest result really was ridiculous and of course we had to be the team to help them turn their season around. We seem to lack grit, desire and any imagination going forward. Worrying times.