Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Adams brought that defeat on himself....

did we really think that we could go through the whole second half holding on to a lead inviting the kind of pressure we were without posing an attacking threat ourselves?

I was amongst the away fans today and you could have heard a pin drop in the away end with 20 mins to go as we could see a mile off what was unfolding.

It was crying out for pace to come off the bench to provide some kind of outlet for our backs to the wall defence and he replaces Jerome with Lafferty ?!?!?, poor use of substitutes today.

Ironic then that when it was 1-1 ,instead of closing it out and making sure that we at least got out with something ,we then throw men forward, which we hadnt done at all 2nd half and leave ourselves completely open at the back to lose it, a ploy that half of our side appeared to be in on, whilst the other half weren''t -who exactly was instructing our team in injury time??!... a classic case of throwing the baby out with the bath water if ever there was.

I still maintain that we have the best squad in the league, but sadly Adams is playing the wrong cards at the wrong time in the wrong order on a consistent basis. We gambled and it hasnt paid off, as sadly the blue filfh down the road are demonstrating the manager at any football club is at the end of the day the most fundemental person to have right , we''ve got it wrong and must act in this 2 week international break before the top 2 is irretreivable

....and with it a new manager hopefully won''t have the same blind prejudice currently being shown to Grabban ,who for our defensive frailties ,is costing us as many points with glaring missed chances ...once again today with a free header from 6 yards.

It looked to me like a manager fighting for his job with a win. His body language after the defeat looked to me similar to that of a beaten man. I think after the huge amount of criticism the board got after hanging on to Hughton for too long they''re going to sack Adams a bit prematurely. I''m convinced within the next couple of days his sacking will be announced.

I''m normally one of the first to call for a change in management when it isn''t working but I personally feel he deserves a few more games. I''m convinced there''s something very wrong with out players as a group. They just don''t click or gel together, they seem very immature and casual as people and on the pitch they''ve shown time and time again they''re mentally weak.

Our last promotion team was way more than the sum of its parts, this is the opposite but I can''t see how a change in manager can turn it around. I''d maybe take Pulis but out of the rest available I''d rather stick with Adams regardless of what happens because I see nobody obviously better out there other than Pulis

Funny how better managers appear to get more out of players.

Fer under Arry looks like a 10 million pound player.

Unfortunate for Adams that Wes, Bennett got injured when they did.

I admire and see Adams as a club legend, anyone who played over 180 games for us and won the top division deserves respect.

He doesn''t deserve some of the personal rubbish spouted on here, he''s done his best and it''s just not been good enough for our sized club......but he should never have been put in tjis position. Remember we bought in Royale to help with experience, his departure might just be what is missing.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"] We gambled and it hasnt paid off, as sadly the blue filfh down the road are demonstrating the manager at any football club is at the end of the day the most fundemental person to have right , we''ve got it wrong and must act in this 2 week international break before the top 2 is irretreivable

...[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Indy"]Funny how better managers appear to get more out of players.

Fer under Arry looks like a 10 million pound player.

Unfortunate for Adams that Wes, Bennett got injured when they did.

I admire and see Adams as a club legend, anyone who played over 180 games for us and won the top division deserves respect.

He doesn''t deserve some of the personal rubbish spouted on here, he''s done his best and it''s just not been good enough for our sized club......but he should never have been put in tjis position. Remember we bought in Royale to help with experience, his departure might just be what is missing.[/quote]

a proper manager wouldnt need a Joe Royle figure. We had (and still just about have ) all the advantages going into this season, we have the best squad, we''re the most financially sound, we have one of the biggest avaerages attendances home and away...........yet we dedcided to counter all of that by handicapping ourselves with the most inexperienced manager in the whole league.

If you were told at the start of the season that with over a quarter of the season gone...halfway into November that we would be 10th behind the likes of bournemouth and brentford a 4 pts behind i******h, what honestly would your reaction be ? ....Adams must go, and I''m inclined to say so must McNally ,Bowkett and anyone else behind his appointment.

"Scouring Europe" ?!!?? ...lying b**tards.

Don''t dissagree mnc, but Adams took a job anyone of us would have too..

I don''t believe he should get some of the personal stuff aimed at him.

For me the board have a lot to answer for as its the third time they appointed an inexperienced manger who has been a disaster!

They have failed to learn from previous mistakes.

[quote user="Indy"]Don''t dissagree mnc, but Adams took a job anyone of us would have too..

For me the board have a lot to answer for as its the third time they appointed an inexperienced manger who has been a disaster!

They have failed to learn from previous mistakes.[/quote]Sadly its impossible to argue against this.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Indy"]Don''t dissagree mnc, but Adams took a job anyone of us would have too..

They have failed to learn from previous mistakes.[/quote]Sadly its impossible to argue against this.[/quote]It is possible though to put the counter argument that they also appointed experienced managers who were disasters too......

[quote user="Indy"]Don''t dissagree mnc, but Adams took a job anyone of us would have too.. I don''t believe he should get some of the personal stuff aimed at him. For me the board have a lot to answer for as its the third time they appointed an inexperienced manger who has been a disaster! They have failed to learn from previous mistakes.[/quote]

Agreed. Sadly.

I''d just say the gamble to try an unproven manager hasn''t paid off as well as the board had hoped. That''s what happens with gambles. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[quote user="Indy"]Don''t dissagree mnc, but Adams took a job anyone of us would have too.. I don''t believe he should get some of the personal stuff aimed at him. For me the board have a lot to answer for as its the third time they appointed an inexperienced manger who has been a disaster! They have failed to learn from previous mistakes.[/quote]

Agreed. Sadly.

I''d just say the gamble to try an unproven manager hasn''t paid off as well as the board had hoped. That''s what happens with gambles. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose.

[/quote]

But surely the point here is we really did not need to gamble or at least take such an enormous gamble. Appointing a novice was unecessary, naive and arguably negligent.

This is a great OP particularly as it is one of our fans who was at the game yesterday, not just watching on TV like myself, although we clearly saw the same match :-).

That game was there for us, and an experienced manager would have nailed it and we would be happy bunnies today.

He may have brought it on himself - but he doesn''t see it that way and blamed his players.

[quote user="FCC"]He may have brought it on himself - but he doesn''t see it that way and blamed his players.[/quote]

this is why I''d like to know exactly who was dictating proceedings in injury time yesterday?......was it his choice to throw men forward ,leaving ourselves exposed at the back....or was it the players?.

to have a corner ,as we did, and then 3 touches later after Forest cleared it be left in a 2 on 2 situation which led to the goal was absolutely unforgivable.

Even if it was the players choice, they should have been overruled by Adams.

The starting line up and formation were wrong again yesterday but we scored a good goal and were then dominant for the rest of the first half. In fairness if Grabban could finish we would have been two up and it would have been game over. But it''s the second half that showed why having a manager with no experience is so costly. It was really, really obvious from an hour onwards that we needed some pace to give them a counter attack threat to worry about. Instead we just let then push us back and build a bit of pressure. Then when they got the goal an experienced manager takes the point.

Good managers turn draws to wins or defeats to draws. Adams doesn''t seem to be able to do either and yesterday did the opposite.

[quote user="lake district canary"]It is possible though to put the counter argument that they also appointed experienced managers who were disasters too......

[/quote]
Name them. Rioch had a side with no money doing ok, Roeder kept us up, Hughton kept us in the Premiership for one season at least taking us to 11th place.
Hamilton, well yes, the blarneymeister did have experience of being an awful manager elsewhere, and don''t forget, our owners tried to talk him out of resigning!

Has any journo asked Adams why he never brought on the pace of either Murphy or Redmond in the second half when we were pinned back, and Forest did not have to worry about any sort of counters?

Grabban is so off form now that he is a liability. Jerome also looks like he is not too bothered about breaking sweat.

A proper manager would have ensured we had pace upfront in the last 30 mins, but no, Adams did nothing.

It was a glaring manager miss, to say the least.

Grabban is now the player in the Championship with the most misses from great chances (11).

Remember the games in august, when Grabban was scoring, and some of us said that his goals where mostly flukes, with little real quality?

We were axed down by the noobs in this forum, people who will never learn to see a proper player and a proper pattern. The same people who claimed Hughton was a saviour.

Grabban is nowhere near of being a proper player. His body language also leaves a lot to be desired, me thinks.

Adams said after the Sheffield Weds game that the Jerome/Grabban partnership would be one that he''d be persisting with, despite it not really having worked.

Its fairly obvious to assume that a manager will look favourably upon 2 strikers that he''s signed over one that he didnt in Hooper, just to prove he was right to sign them......but there is no way in the world that in a formation such as yesterday that allowed for 2 central strikers , Gary Hooper shouldnt be one of them............as previously mentioned ,this blind favouritism toward Grabban is costing us points, as each of his misses heaps more pressure on the defence.

It isn''t just the appointment of Adams that makes me cross , it was the nonsense that went with it. All of this scouring Europe stuff was clearly bunkum. A person close to the club told me during the Arsenal game that Adams was getting the job, I still have that flippin text on my phone!

For the combination of a youth Team manager, and his mates , to firstly keep us up, then get us back up, would have been trail blazing. I doubt such a combination has ever won promotion from the Championship. Lest we forget that at the start of this season not one of the coaching staff had ever won a professional game in their respective capacity.

And still people seem to be surprised?

The ONLY aspect that made a modicum of sense was Joe Royle. I imaging he would be in some sort of caretaker role by now. He was there to offer guidance to a lot of very inexperienced people.

And I don''t blame Adams. Anyone in his position would have taken the job. I just hope he is allowed to move gracefully, perhaps back to the academy . It is certain that no other club would offer him a managers job in the top three divisions.