Sign in to follow this  
JF

Do you trust and back the board?

No, I lost a lot of respect for the board when they didn''t sack Hughton and then came up with some schpeal about no one being available.

Then they went and topped it off by employing Adams, and that is the final straw how many more times are they going to get it wrong and not admit it or do anything about it until it''s too late?!

[quote user="Indy"]Yes, to a point, but I do think & believe in making constant improvement which means getting new people with new ideas to push the club forwards.

There are too many pensioners on this board who really need to take a back seat and bring on young dynamic people to push the club on.[/quote]

Surely the young dynamic people are on the pitch. They are the ones who are currently not performing !!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Again I''ll call you out Indy. The people who negotiated for us in 2009 were appointed and acted on behalf of the owners. There was no other investors unless the accounts have been falsified...

[/quote]

I never said anything about outside investment did I? Other ways to ensure finances than outside investment.

I''m not going into it, good night nutty call all you like.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]No. I did think that in Mcnally and Bowkett we finally had two decent operators and also some football knowledge but the Hughton saga and appointment if Adams has rocked any confidence I ever had in them. I fear the Adams appointment has Delia written all over it I which case we could be in for a long and frustrating saga again.[/quote]

Sorry Jim but that just stinks of having an agenda. Lambert, Hughton and Adams can have Delia written all over all of them or none of them. You can''t just seperate them out to please your prejudice.

[/quote]

Yes I can. Lambert was Mcnallys appointment based on a recommendation from Martin O''Neill. I believe Hughton was also Mcnallys appointment. I have good reason to believe Mcnally was targeting another manager to replace Hughton but then something changed and Adams got appointed. You are right I am speculating as to what that was but its my opinion that certain board members wanted nice guy Neil to be given a chance.

No, bar Lambert they have delivered nothing but complete and utter misery.

They have no idea how to run a football club and care little what the fans think. They come on the radio and talk utter drivel about scouring Europe etc... claim that nobody was around to replace Hughton then install the best man in Europe who has been there all along.

They treat the fans like simpletons.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Exactly Jim. Its a gut feeling that suits your prejudice.[/quote]

Regardless of my prejudice Nutty the appointment of Adams was a reckless, unecessary and quite possibly negligent gamble that we did not need to take and now we are paying for through the underperformance of the team.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Exactly Jim. Its a gut feeling that suits your prejudice.[/quote]

Regardless of my prejudice Nutty the appointment of Adams was a reckless, unecessary and quite possibly negligent gamble that we did not need to take and now we are paying for through the underperformance of the team.[/quote]

I don''t agree it was any more of a gamble than any other appointment we''ve ever made. It''s always a gamble. But my point is that even if it was the worst ever appointment since 1902 the same people* made it as made the previous two. (*Not sure when Fry joined?[;)])

No. The majority shareholders have made enough bad managerial appointments to show that they don''t really know what they are doing. I thought we had a CEO who knew something about decent managers but perhaps not. Having seen what he receives I suppose I wouldn''t create waves.

Then we have Bowkett the man who said we scoured Europe only to find that we already had the best man in place. This the same man who said that his wife told him it was only a game so no wonder second best will do.

The arrogance of the board towards supporters is somewhat unbelievable however as long as 20+ thousand turn up little will change.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Exactly Jim. Its a gut feeling that suits your prejudice.[/quote]

Regardless of my prejudice Nutty the appointment of Adams was a reckless, unecessary and quite possibly negligent gamble that we did not need to take and now we are paying for through the underperformance of the team.[/quote]

I don''t agree it was any more of a gamble than any other appointment we''ve ever made. It''s always a gamble. But my point is that even if it was the worst ever appointment since 1902 the same people* made it as made the previous two. (*Not sure when Fry joined?[;)])

[/quote]

I disagree Nutty about the size of gamble. Appointing a manager who has NEVER won a senior football match is more if a gamble than appointing someone like Mackay, Lennon or Sherwood. Ok caretaker managers do quite often get the job permanently when they''ve had no managerial job before but normally on the back of some good results. Adams should have been nowhere near this job.

Why we did not just get Lennon really baffles me.

I respect them for what they have contributed overall to our club and as people, and generally back them. That doesnt mean I support everything they do and I wavered a little after the ridiculous "scoured Europe" statement, the ultimate appointment of Neil Adams and the mess we are now in despite the quality of squad. However, if a quick and brave decision is now made to change things, then I will be back solidly behind them.

Everything has a shelf life......The club needs a good high pressure steam clean and it must start at the top. I don''t give a toot what the forum controlling club apologist clan say.....Changes need to be made. Milky weak tea, sympathy and chumminess kissy, kissy, m''whaw, m''whaw luvverly, luvverly, best fan''s in the universe claptrap has no place in the ruthless and brutal world of pro-football.

We look tired in all aspects of the club, just going through the motions......we''re quite frankly, becoming both decadent and stale.....

We are, in effect, becoming that little Norwich.....