Sign in to follow this  
JF

Do you trust and back the board?

As Adams is taking a lot of the blame I think it''s only fair the same questions are asked of those responsible for his appointment. As with the Adams thread Yes or No?

No

Never have. I love and respect Delia and Michael for rescuing the club and will always do so.

Bowkett knows how to run a business - hence we are debt free and have money I the bank; we made the right cuts when our income was threatened and also made the right investments in the playing squad.

Unfortunately our CEO made the wrong call about the management team and the Board must have backed him.

Sometimes people can be too close to a business to make the decisions and I think that has happened here. Adams obviously means well - so did Bryan Gunn. Neither really had a chance.

We still have time to turn this season around if the Board act as a Board should in these circumstances. However, they didn''t last season so I''m not holding my breath.

Even taking into account the massive changes in football in the last 20 years, Delia has a poorer record than Chase. The quality of the football has nosedived.

[quote user="sgncfc"]Never have. I love and respect Delia and Michael for rescuing the club .[/quote]which they DIDN''T do.. Watling did..he bought Chases shares and rescued us from the wolves at the door.. the smiths came Months later.

The board were fully accountable for our relegation last season, they had ample chances to sack hughton much earlier last season when there was time to turn it around, we could of got pulis in after Christmas. And as for the appointment of adams, again they are fully accountable. Mcnally should of resigned last summer but just seems to hang on in there, I get the feeling Delia an Co actually enjoy the Championship more than the prem and are happy to remain a club yo yo ing between the two leagues.

Yes, to a point, but I do think & believe in making constant improvement which means getting new people with new ideas to push the club forwards.

There are too many pensioners on this board who really need to take a back seat and bring on young dynamic people to push the club on.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="sgncfc"]Never have. I love and respect Delia and Michael for rescuing the club .[/quote]which they DIDN''T do.. Watling did..he bought Chases shares and rescued us from the wolves at the door.. the smiths came Months later.[/quote]Yes but........How much did he wallet? [:^)]

Southampton, Swansea Palace, Stoke, Sunderland to name a few Nutty.

I don''t care about other clubs I care about ours and at present the board are an aging group who need to accept responsibility for the past two years. The same as any failing business they need to react and quick.

Yes - as long McNally and Bowkett can talk the majority shareholders to take a back seat and make decisions without stupid parochial decisions forced upon them.We don''t need ''cabinet solidarity'' for the public and the media like the pathetic pre season phone in on Radio Carrot and the subsequent appointment of Adams after serious scouting of all of Europe.

The Swansea board obviously knew their football. They picked managers and built a coaching infrastructure in order to play a highly technical passing game. They didn''t necessarily go for the most experienced person with the best record, they chose someone who would be committed to playing a particular technical style and wouldn''t just hoof it if they needed results (eg Martinez, Souza).Our club sacked Walker who was trying to essentially do what Swansea did (years before Swansea did it), and we were eventually overtaken by them. Our board are short-termist, lack footballing knowledge and hence our club tend to lurch from one crisis to another.

The clubs you two list are above us at this exact moment in time. If you think that means their boards have done better than ours the whole time then perhaps you have less intelligence than I credit you with...

I think I''ll have this conversation with my mother In Law next time.....

;)

Agree with Swansea and Southampton but for those two there are at least 20 others doing worse. That''s why I have confidence in ours.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The clubs you two list are above us at this exact moment in time. If you think that means their boards have done better than ours the whole time then perhaps you have less intelligence than I credit you with...

;)[/quote]

That''s just your opinion Nutty.....you forgetting how close this board took this club to administration?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Agree with Swansea and Southampton but for those two there are at least 20 others doing worse. That''s why I have confidence in ours.[/quote]We ought to be learning from them what they''re doing right. For example, I doubt Swansea would have touched Mackay (our 1st choice according to Purple Canary) with a barge pole if they were in a similar situation to us at the end of last season. They would have looked high and low for someone to play their chosen Spanish-type style.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]The clubs you two list are above us at this exact moment in time. If you think that means their boards have done better than ours the whole time then perhaps you have less intelligence than I credit you with...

;)[/quote]

That''s just your opinion Nutty.....you forgetting how close this board took this club to administration?[/quote]

Or could it be you''re trying to turn a positive into a negative and at the same time forgetting about all the boards who took their clubs into administration....

We could be non league and you won''t find fault in the board Nutty. I think you have some connection with them.

I do admire your only positive view though.

Indy. The only connection I have with the board is that they and I support the same team. I try to see things from your point of view, I really do, but I struggle. Please help me understand how keeping a club out of administration is worse than taking a club into administration.

Nutty we have discussrd this and I have a close family member who is involved in the financial services involved in the process. As much as I can say as I will not divulge info not for public.

Yes they did indeed keep the club out of administration but not just bythemselves! you know this as well as I do.

I''ll leave that there as I''m not going any further.

But regardless we were very close and got relegated for the first time in 50 years to our lowest league position.

Lets not go backwards lets go forward, do you think they might consider taking a sideways step and do you think we are a good investment?

I''m just sad to see the same mistakes made over and over again.

Grant, Gunn & Adams no management experience.

Roeder & Hughton rip the soul out of our club.

So for all the good things there have been negatives too! Can we agree on that much?

[quote user="Indy"]Nutty we have discussrd this and I have a close family member who is involved in the financial services involved in the process. As much as I can say as I will not divulge info not for public.

Yes they did indeed keep the club out of administration but not just bythemselves! you know this as well as I do.

I''ll leave that there as I''m not going any further.

But regardless we were very close and got relegated for the first time in 50 years to our lowest league position.

Lets not go backwards lets go forward, do you think they might consider taking a sideways step and do you think we are a good investment?

I''m just sad to see the same mistakes made over and over again.

Grant, Gunn & Adams no management experience.

Roeder & Hughton rip the soul out of our club.

So for all the good things there have been negatives too! Can we agree on that much?[/quote]

I''ll call you out Indy. Nobody elses money came in. And the only people who dealt with the banks were those who had the owners money behind them.

Thats not strictly correct and you know others were found to join the board.

No more than that. You can call all you like but I won''t go any furthter.

No. I did think that in Mcnally and Bowkett we finally had two decent operators and also some football knowledge but the Hughton saga and appointment if Adams has rocked any confidence I ever had in them. I fear the Adams appointment has Delia written all over it I which case we could be in for a long and frustrating saga again.

Again I''ll call you out Indy. The people who negotiated for us in 2009 were appointed and acted on behalf of the owners. There was no other investors unless the accounts have been falsified...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]No. I did think that in Mcnally and Bowkett we finally had two decent operators and also some football knowledge but the Hughton saga and appointment if Adams has rocked any confidence I ever had in them. I fear the Adams appointment has Delia written all over it I which case we could be in for a long and frustrating saga again.[/quote]

Sorry Jim but that just stinks of having an agenda. Lambert, Hughton and Adams can have Delia written all over all of them or none of them. You can''t just seperate them out to please your prejudice.