Sign in to follow this  
JC

Goodbye Deano

Ok, inside word is that Deano is off. We have accepted a ''significantly better'' offer than the Wigan one.  We have been given some grace to get a striker in (Morrisson) to pacify the outburst from the fans.  Nothing else to say, its a done deal. 

You''re right JC!

Of course Ashton is going. If not there is NO sense in this deal at all when we all know that a goalscoring midfielder + Flem replacement are what is needed.

I predict he will got to Newcastle for about £8M. They desperately need strikers with Bellamy and Kluivert gone and the old man being wheeled out for one more season only. I have said more than once that this is what would happen (in my view).

Some fans are saying that Worthy is planning for the premiership by recruiting Morrison now. Rubbish! This is ''fire fighting'' - big style. Expect more signings soon.

With 9 soon to be 10 out and 7 (with more to come) in, you can say good bye to the premier for this season. No organisation can kick on immediately with this kind of chopping and changing.     

Newcastle have the one fit Striker at the moment, Shearer. I certainly wouldn''t bet against Ashton going there

You try to wind up Norwich fans because it won''t work and i''ll tell u why. First things first didn''t u hear what Nigel Worthington spoke about at the start of the season, well i''ll tell u anyway he said we won''t sell Ashton unless somebody comes in with a massive bid which i very much doubt. Now this talk of Wigan Athletic trying to buy him is ridicoulous because why would Ashton 21 yrs old, with a great future ahead of him go to a club as small as Wigan. No disrespect to Wigan but they have poor fanbase, and not only that the facilitys to develope himself are probably no where near as appealing as Norwichs. Now that is the reason he may not go in my opinion. My advice to Ashton, and i''m no expert would be to keep his head down keep on playing well. And if he happens to recieve contact from any club to consider it there and then.    

Read below and do the math, oh no, it does not look good.

Wigan boss Paul Jewell has launched a striker search following an injury scare to record signing Henri Camara.<script language=JavaScript></script>

Jewell has spent the summer trying to bring in new faces - but with the August 31 transfer deadline fast approaching, he still has only 17 senior players to call upon during the Latics'' debut Barclays Premiership campaign.

His problems are most acute up front, where the departure of Nathan Ellington to West Brom has quickly been followed by Camara picking up a foot injury during Senegal''s friendly with Ghana at Griffin Park last night.

If the £3.3million signing from Wolves is ruled out of Saturday''s trip to Charlton it would leave Jewell with Jason Roberts as his only fit striker at The Valley, emphasising why he is re-doubling his efforts to bring in some new faces.

''The need for a striker was pressing anyway, whether Nathan had stayed or Henri had been fit,'' he said.

''We definitely need one new forward and possibly two just to push the other boys forward.''

Jewell has spent the last few days attempting to persuade Norwich to release £7million-rated England Under-21s international Dean Ashton, who knows the north-west well following his time at Crewe.

But the Wigan manager''s pleas met with little response at Carrow Road, leaving Jewell to turn his attentions elsewhere.

Correct me if I''m wrong, but the board stated that we did not need to sell any player unless that player wanted to leave the club.  Everything I have read about Ashton seems to suggest that he is more than happy to stay at Norwich.  I will be very surprised and disappointed if he does leave, but if that is the case then a minimum of 10 Million, to ensure we make a good profit even after giving Crewe their sell on money.

Might worthy know what he''s doing here? Noticed the lack of midfield and defenders and now be in the process of selling Ashton for money to buy said players. Morrison to replace Asthon and another 6 million or so to bring in some more class? Would make some sense.

[quote]Ok, inside word is that Deano is off. We have accepted a ''significantly better'' offer than the Wigan one. We have been given some grace to get a striker in (Morrisson) to pacify the outburst from the...[/quote]

If Morrison is supposed to be a replacement for Ashton then I, along with probably every other canary fan in the world will be livid! I will also feel very mislead and cheated by Worthy and the board who keep claiming Ashton is going nowhere and that we don''t need to and won''t sell! Let''s hope and pray it''s not true. Morrison could be a good buy but only if Ashton remains a Norwich player!

Not sure Deano must go or not, but what we must know now are we have 3 strikers all are 6 ft tall and good in the air, Ashton, Thorne and Morrison, you won''t believe we will play the long ball again under Nigel, also a football club cannot have 3 players overlapped the position...

Plenty for the fans to think about...

Sorry to disagree but I would bet on Dean still being a Canary in a year''s time.  As I''ve said on another post, this does make sense in a left field way.

We need to score more goals and if we do, the present defence and midfield will be good enough for this league.  When we get promoted, then the rest of the squad can be rebuilt but one thing at a time.  If we had won our three matches 2-1 or 3-2 then we''d all be laughing.  Another quality striker gives us a significant advantage over every other team in the Championship.  No one else will have a strike force anything like ours not even Palace or Wolves and everyone who plays us will be running scared.  Ok, they may score against us but we''ll score more

We all know that Delia and Michael love this club as much as any of us.  They are several million pound poorer because they are fans.  They are not business people out to make a return like so many club owners.

Would you sell Deano?

Neither would I.  Nor would any other true fan.  Why would the Board?  It also makes no business sense to sell him.  The club needs Premiership football and Dean is a better way to get it than a sackful of cash.  The goodwill of the fans is an important asset to any business and the club knows it would lose that if it sold.

We know from all that has been said that the Board has the debts under control, There is no pressure to sell.

Sorry, I can see no business or football reason for thew club to sell.

Many have been calling for another bold Huckerby?Ashton addition to the squad.  I think that this is it.  If I''m right then hang on.  This ride could get really exciting.

Worthys words could be read as a message to the board not to sell. If they sell then Worthy has put himself in a corner he would have to resign, I think this tactic of talking to the press has been used by him before and he''s pulled it off ..... have a funny feeling though that we''ll see more on this yet .....

On top of which.... my ''reliable source'' says Ashton is NOT going. There is absolutely no logic to this assumption anyway.

Other players may leave of course, and if the right quality is available at the right time at the right price then more will come in. Can you name suitable candidates for midfield and defence that are easily available that meet the criteria, this week?

Don''t worry, Nigel hasn''t finished yet and do remember, his management of the media when it comes to ins and outs, is second to none.