Sign in to follow this  
Burger Barry

The silent majority have our say!

I have watched on this forum many years now and it''s about time that my voice and the voice of the majority speaks out. Too many people on this board never go to games and shout out one of our own as if they know better. These people are the same that shouted out Gunn and they''re trying to redo this betrayal with Adams. Managers need time and anyone that says differently well I guess Sir Alex would have been never allowed to do what he did at Man Utd would he? The people that forced Brian out of our club talk about Colchester and league 1 but they forget about our 4-0 win against Barnsley and what the players felt about him when he began here. No one could have kept us up that season and those what did what they did to him after should be ashamed of themselves. I have no doubt if we had we given him the time he deserved then we''d have done what we did under Lambert even if it took another season more and Brian would never have left us once a big club came in for him. But instead we look to two weeks forward and where are we now not much further ahead then to begin with.

With Adams we have a chance to let him do what we should have let Gunn five years back and build a long term future for our club. Now a small group of shouters are trying to see us commit the same villainy against a man that is yellow and green through and through and we''ll be back to league one by this time next year or the one after. Like Adams says it''s the players who''s at fault for not playing for the shirt something that could never be said of Brian or Neil. We miss players like Holt that knew what it meant to play for the county but Adams will sign them and others in January. Until then we all have to stick together and be realist in what we must hope for. We''re still in a good position after all very close to top 6 and if we can keep our pre-Madonnas in line and top half then whose to say we can''t get back those points after spending some money. This is Adams first season sometimes it takes three before it all comes together. Everyone meeds to remember what is to be a supporter and what this club stands for! And let''s not forget who is really to blame out there on that pitch! No one can polish a turd after all!!

do you really think that this ...of all seasons ,where our first season out of the premier league is so blatantly our best chance to get straight back up is really the time to gamble on a novice learning as he goes?

if we dont go up this season, we could very easily spend the next decade in this league again, just as we did last time, when parachute money will run out..........granted ,then we may well need an Adams to try and build something for the future with kids as we wont have any option.

This reply is what I expect from some of our so-called "fans" but you do not speak for us even if you do have the louder voice. The board knows this and we won''t make the same mistake as we did five years ago. No matter how the minority shout!

[quote user="Burger Barry"]This reply is what I expect from some of our so-called "fans" but you do not speak for us even if you do have the louder voice. The board knows this and we won''t make the same mistake as we did five years ago. No matter how the minority shout![/quote]

all i ask is that they dont make the same mistake as they did 1 year ago....

@GJL - precisely my analysis. Adams'' appointment might have made some sense had we failed with an experienced manager this.

It''s year one promotion or years in the Championship wilderness again.

The players we have at the moment are why we are where we are not Adams. In January he will sort this and then the money comes in for two more seasons after this anyway I think. It''s the players not the manager what needs changing. We can''t make the same mistakes over and over again.

I''m not saying he will be as good in the future but who knows if we don''t give him a few seasons to see what he can do? You want us to be like Watford I see but I tell you it is Leeds that we will get.

But what is the common denominator in the making of these mistakes ''over and over again'' Barry Mmmmm?

I prey for the day when this slavish worship to parochialism is finally banished from our club.

Jesus.

One typical ''we''ll be alrught'' norwich fan.

Going back to that 4-0 win against Barnsley. Was the worst thing that could have happened at the time and gunns only moment against a very very poor Barnsley team.

Gunn is no football manager hence his current job right now. Also goes for roeder, grant, hughton at present, megson etc that ain''t in managerial positions for good reasons.

Adams fits into this category. Get over it, accept it.

ADAMS OUT Pulis in

No onions just cheese on mine

[quote user="Burger Barry"]The players we have at the moment are why we are where we are not Adams. In January he will sort this and then the money comes in for two more seasons after this anyway I think. It''s the players not the manager what needs changing. We can''t make the same mistakes over and over again.[/quote]O`Neil, Cuellar, Grabban, Jerome and Lafferty all brought in by AdamsRuddy, Martin, Turner, Ollson, Tettey, Johnson and Howson have been at the club for some time and Adams could have/should have replaced them if he was`nt happy.Gunny`s reputation as a player grows for some reason, its more out of respect for the tragedy he went through than the bang average goalkeeper that he actually was. I would put him just above Hansbury and probably at the level of little Clive Baker.Now I actually think that Adams should be given more time however please do not try and draw some comparison to Gunny who was never ever going to make a career as a manager in any league above the Ryman.

you mention 3 seasons... but its 3 seasons we havent got... the parachute payments will have stopped and 9 more sides will have been relegated from the prem and reaping the rewards

Burger Barry u an utter buffoon

Your argument appears to hold water until u say Gunn should have been given more time in the job

Gunn had no coaching badges what so ever, was selling mobile phones at the time of his appointment and during the summer mini tour was having drinking competitions with the players.

How any one can compare this to Alex Ferguson just shows what an idiot u are

ADAMS HAS NEVER MANAGED ABOVE KIDS LEVEL AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED WITH SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE

Arguably the best deciscion Norwich has made in the last 5 years was getting rid of Gunn and getting in Lambert.With hindsight, how many would really have rather kept Gunn instead of having Lambert? Seems like 1.

Sorry Barry but Gunn was a poor and desparate appointment. And to re-appoint him was just nonsensical. But with hindsight it led us to Lambert. As they say about alcoholics/addicts, you have to hit absolute rock bottom before you can change.It was Yeovil to be pedantic btw.

Sorry BB but your ''argument'' is based on the assertion that both Gunn and Adams would have/will come good.

Nothing but opinion I''m afraid, and in Adams'' case a number of fans (whether they be real or not by your own narrow definition) have pointed out that he doesn''t really seem to know what he is doing putting out a different squad in a different formation every week. While some of those players are clearly not good enough, the lack of any leadership off the pitch can''t be a good thing.

As for you definition of real fans! Once again, your opinion. I might define a real fan as someone who is desperate for success and unwilling to accept anything else - my opinion of course!

Whilst I respect your view, after relegation and the prolonged Hughton debacle, the club needed unity.

Adams appointment was underwhelming and a poor run was always going to see divisions between the team and fans. This was obvious at the outset and this was a shocking decision by a board out of touch with their customers and the needs of their business.

What is surprising is the lack of support for Adams on this board, and we don''t what those who are silent think so neither sack or stick argument can claim a majority. I believe Adams signings, tactics and results are poor.

I think the board will dig their heels in and it will get very ugly before they are forced to act. If he hasn''t gone by the next game the season will be a write off.

You can only support Gunn up to the point of the 1-7 imo.  He had part of a season and a close season to sort the squad out, get rid of loanees, buy in some new players.  His pre-season was terrific, he bought Grant Holt  and all looked quite promising.....but history or fate took its hand.  Lambert and the 1-7 was the biggest turning point in the club''s history.   If that match had been a 1-1 or even a narrow defeat, Gunn may have stayed and he may have got some momentum going (we won the next match 4-0 under him, admittedly a cup match, but a 4-0 is a 4-0).  There was no alternative but for him to go. 

We arguably have reached a similar point this season.  The next game is crucial.  If Adams is still manager against Brighton and we perform poorly or even lose - that will be it imo.  But common sense says we have a two week gap - and it may be better to act now, get someone in during the break and start fresh.  Wait until the Brighton game and we will have missed a window of opportunity. 

I got as far as Brian Gunn who played for over a decade before becoming a suited member of staff for several years and decided if our new mate Burger could not even spell his name after all these years he cannot be taken seriously.

It''s Bryan by the way Burger.

Ok OP which member of the board are you? Utterly ridiculous.

I do wish the so called silent majority shut up. If we all keep silent the Board will consider they are doing a wonderful job.. Noisy majority must make their feelings heard.

They say it takes all sorts and I guess the OP proves the point.

To suggest that he is in any sort of a majority in replacing Gunn with Lambert is a cracker. Don''t hide yourself away if you''ve got more like that Barry.

The players we have at the moment are why we are where we are not Adams. In January he will sort this and then the money comes in for two more seasons after this anyway I think. It''s the players not the manager what needs changing. We can''t make the same mistakes over and over again.

What planet are you from. Adams has had one transfer window if I recall. It is his squad. So it is his responsibility. He is way out of his depth.