Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

In with the Forest fans

I was unable to get a ticket with the Norwich fans so had to sit above them in a rowdy section of Forest fans so couldn’t make my allegiance with Norwich known. Below are a few observations:

Stewarding -

In their section equivalent to the Snakepit in the corner they stood. The stewards went up four a side in the first half and they sat down, then stood up again after a few minutes! In the second half they went up again and they started singing “stand up if you hate Derby” and that was it, unlike our stewards who are up and down most of the game. I am not sure if the fans stood next to the Norwich fans as I couldn’t see them.

Norwich fans -

Very quiet until we scored (sing when we are winning?) We really need some new songs. In the second half at one up we went quiet again, I have noticed that at Carrow Road, is it down to the football?

Horrible experience -

Unlike Brentford when we could support the team in the home section (they put us in a corner) it was hard not to say anything and when their second went in the guy next to me wanted to hug me!! Mind you when Norwich scored it was funny saying out loud “why on earth did they give them that much space” then I remembered my accent!

Why at 1-1 Adams didn’t make two subs just to waste time is beyond me.

I too sat with the Forest fans. Lower Trent. Horrid experience, I would strongly advise against it, pretending to support an opposition side, especially when you lose, like the way we lost, no, never again!

We were with the Forest fans above the away end and despite their poor run and that they were losing for the majority of the game the fans around us never criticised the team and got behind their team, they soon worked out we were Norwich fans but didn''t try to get us throw out until after the final whistle !!!!!!!! Wish the buggers had tried 5 mins earlier !!!!!!