Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Tony Pulis is available

bristolcanary wrote the following post at 08/11/2014 7:46 PM:

Hoof ball survival. It'' s an option. So is buying a Dacia. They are good value. who on here has one?

And how would you categorize the football played under Adams then?

We need a winner as a manager - this is what Pulis is

I am bored stiff with Adams style nothing happens in the goal mouth (ours yes - theres no)

bristolcanary wrote the following post at 08/11/2014 7:56 PM:

Not hoof ball Jf. Just not very sophisticated.

Not very anything is it? Pulis didnt play hoof ball at Palace. Quite honestly I would take hoof ball football over what we are seeing because Pulis would get results.

I think the players have come down with a bit of a billy big bollocks attitude and we need a nasty bastard in charge to put them in their place. Adams isn''t that man, Lennon was.

[quote user="JF"]bristolcanary wrote the following post at 08/11/2014 7:46 PM:

Hoof ball survival. It'' s an option. So is buying a Dacia. They are good value. who on here has one?

And how would you categorize the football played under Adams then?[/quote]Like a De Lorean. First impressions it looks pretty stylish, but once you get to know it a bit better you realise it''s got about as much quality as a Robin Reliant.

Pulis did excellently well last (Half) season with Palace. Absolutely nobody gave them a chance and they survived playing decent football and Pulis'' reputation has rightly risen since then..

However. He only really did decent with Stoke, they''ve had a fair amount of money since he took over them the second time and established them using a very, rough, basic, negative style. In their first season in the Prem they were an awful side that bullied everyone and exploited set pieces and throw ins, the club had bought well but I would argue Pulis was only doing an okay job given his resources and the type of football played. He did pretty much nothing of not with any previous club since the 90''s.

I''m not sure he''d be the guaranteed instant success people think he would be. Hughtons record in the second tier was one auto promotion and one 4th place with a disaster club in two seasons, Pulis got one rich club promoted once. I suspect he''s the perfect manager for a relegation scrap but not the best one for a promotion push.

The sad thing is, if the board do sack Adams (Which I think they will this week as a reaction to being labelled too slow and indecisive over Hughton) the only potential realistic candidate I would want even anywhere near the club is Pulis.

If we know we can get him then maybe we should think about an change, if not we might as well keep what we''ve got as everyone else like Zola/Sherwood etc have done absolutely nothing in management and would be too big of a gamble

Pulis was last season''s PREMIER LEAGUE manager of the season. Why would he drop down to the Championship? I guess he is waiting for the inevitable vacancy at a bottom half Prem club.

He will see the potential here and with the right deal on offer I think he would seriously consider a move here. Whether it would be offered to him of course is another matter.

I don''t think many of you saw Palace much last season. Yes he turned things round, but by building very much on defence - rather in the style of Hughton but with more effect. I was under the distinct impression that we wanted rather ''more'' than that.

I would much prefer Howe (if persuadable, surely we have potential), or any one of many others, if Adams has had his day.

This guy is a must imo. knows the top 2 divisions tried and tested and will get more out of this very decent squad. Adams is falling apart and does not know what to do, this has to stop the foolish appointment of old club legends who then become very tarnished.

Howe is good manager. Seems to have a love affair with Bournemouth because he was bloody awful at burnley. But will never come here in a million years with what he''s doing at Bournemouth right now.

Pulis, never gonna happen because our board is nowhere near ambitious enough to get him in.

Let''s all face it. Our next manager is going to be.... Daryl Sutch

Dream on. Premiership manager of the year last season and has advertised himself on Sky more than once as waiting for a job in the Premiership which he will probably get once one of the lower-half clubs part company with their present manager.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I don''t think many of you saw Palace much last season. Yes he turned things round, but by building very much on defence - rather in the style of Hughton but with more effect. I was under the distinct impression that we wanted rather ''more'' than that.

I would much prefer Howe (if persuadable, surely we have potential), or any one of many others, if Adams has had his day.[/quote]

I agree. I have no desire to see Pulis football at this club just to secure the cash from mid table prem finishes. I have seen enough of Pulis''s teams style of performances over the years to know that''s not what I want to see and no one will convince me this style is a propagated myth. I respect a lot of fans just want to win games and don''t care how we do it and Pulis would in that case be a great option, especially whenever we feel we are at a low point, but 100% not a manager I want to see.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Dream on. Premiership manager of the year last season and has advertised himself on Sky more than once as waiting for a job in the Premiership which he will probably get once one of the lower-half clubs part company with their present manager.[/quote]He probably is waiting for a vacancy, but I am not so sure this season a suitable one will arise.Leicester and Burnley have almost certainly assumed they would be relegated and will hold on to their managers, and probably QPR as well, although for a successful businessman Fernandes can be pretty dumb in his decision-making. I suspect Hull will stick with Bruce even if relegation threatens.I assume Pulis would not go back to Palace. Villa is a possibility, but then if Lambert was axed they might promote Keane. Sunderland is another possibility, although the board might feel Poyet deserves sticking with for having saved them at the end last season.Pulis might feel a definite job in the Championship (if it arises) now is better than waiting for a Premier League opportunity that may never happen. Bear in mind he took the Palace job this time last year, despite it looking a lost cause, when he could have held on in the hope of something better.

I hope you''re right Purple as my view is that Pulis is by far and away the best candidate of those who might be available. However, given the Board''s usual preference to appoint someone they know or someone who comes recommended by a close friend I have my doubts that it would happen. Pulis is also in a position to command a decent wage which is against the Board''s preferred option of going for the cheap choice.

I''m with Jenkins, he would see the potential and I am sure he could be tempted.

The time is right for his sort of leadership and coaching knowledge.

Its all irrelevant. We all know the board wont act and continue to sit on their arses. This will be last season all over again, "were only 6 points from top" then it will be "were only 3 points outside the play offs" and carry on until both are out of reach.

That I agree will be the reality. Frustrating to see our PL status slip away when we failed to act last Christmas; déjà vue this season. And the task gets tougher - we''ll be competing with three new, rich teams next season. All so avoidable.

Not yet Herman there is still plenty of time. But something has to change, weather that is manager or an experienced head to work along side him. We are currently 20th in the form table so I would say it''s become more serious than a blip now.