Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 14

Welcome PUPs to

week fourteen of our Rays Funds season. This week we have another top PUP and

previous final six winner with Mandie Moo in charge and making the final six

selections. After Herman’s unlucky 5/6 last weekend I think Mandie is just the right PUP to follow

up with all 6 and get us our next win. Mandie’s not just a top picker she’s

also one of our team who is always supportive to me whenever she can be. She’s also

one of our quiz team later this month! Just as I get the best pickers on this team I get the best brains on the quiz team and in both cases I get in by default![;)] But good as she is Mandie will still need

our very best selections from the games played on Sat/Sun/Mon of this weekend

and listed on the William Hill or Bet365 web site.

After CTID’s success last week

we have Pauls Ferry looking after the match bet this week. Pauls is another of

our PUPs who supports us in our social events and another important member of

our team for next weeks CSF quiz. We have

£6 to spend Pauls, so you can choose up to six selections either from the PUPs

suggestions or of your own.

CTID’s returns

from last week’s match bets took this season’s pot up to £258 which I am chuffed to bits with. What a great team we have

again this year!

Now I’ll hand

this week’s thread over to Mandie Moo and Pauls Ferry. Remember there’s no

pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success.

We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community

Sports Foundation.

Good luck all

you PUPs... Take it away Mandie and Pauls ... the thread is yours.......[:)]........

As always I

leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their

names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch igh,3,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,2,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,2, Cosmic Twin,2, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC,

Hughesy. Gregt, GMF, Swindon Canary, yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy,

and £522 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with the

Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb, Javier’s Deaf Translator, Hector Brockelbank,

Blahblahblah, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,

Crabbycanary, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,

Woostercanary, City-til-I-die, yes PUPs £198 for the Community Sports

Foundation.

And with £190

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges we now have a total of £2947 raised so

far.

Currently on my joint best run this season (1 win in a row), I''m into the Scottish Championship this week

Hearts (9-2-0 GD+26) v Raith Rovers (4-3-4 GD-8) - Home Win

For the match bet, who knows! Going to plump for some improvement and HT/FT Draw/Draw

Best of luck Mandie Moo, Pauls Ferry and all you PUPs.

I''m going to make a bold move this week (given that I''m tucked nicely in the top 40) and give you some value to choose. I can''t believe Chelsea are priced as highly as 11/10 to beat a really poor Liverpool side. Therefore:

Liverpool v CHELSEA - Away win.

If you were feeling ludicrously optimistic, odds of 4/1 for Borussia Monchengladbach (third place and unbeaten) to win at Borussia Dortmund (second bottom) are extremely generous IMO. However, I''m not confident enough to select that as my pick, so I''m going to go with the slightly more mundane (but still quite risky!) shout of Porto (2-2-0 away from home) to win at Estoril (1-0-3 at home) at odds of 4/7. Potentially a nice little earner...Norwich bet: can''t bring myself to say what I think (Forest to win to nil), so let''s go with the slightly more optimistic call of Jerome to score any time. Over 5.5 bookings might be a decent shout too - two failing teams desperate for a result, and we do tend to pick up a fair few cards.

To the Scottish Cup, where Stirling Albion host Hurlford United in a replay.Stirling are in league one, albeit bottom. Hurlford are in the Scottish Junior leagues, frankly a set of leagues I am unfamiliar with. No odds yet with Bet 365, but 1/3 elsewhere looks a good price.Best of luck all.NCFC bet, Forest 3-0

Really looking forward to the Match Bet responsibility and hoping I can add at least something to the pot.

As for my pick, I don''t like doing teams after Europe but if Man City have any aspirations of catching Chelsea they''ll need to get Harry twitching and beat QPR Saturday, so:

QPR vs MAN CITY - AWAY WIN

Good Luck all.

France please.LYON to beat guingamp.Lyon on a good run of form. Guingamp pretty average to poor.

Forest first half/draw second half.Good luck Mandie, Paul and all PUPS[Y]

A very good morning to you Nutty, very good luck to both Miss Moo and Mr Ferry also to all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Off to Spain and a HOME WIN please for REAL MADRID v Rayo Vallecano.

For the Norwich bet Grabban to score at anytime.

The Slovenian 1 SNL.Domzale to win at home against Radomlje.Top versus bottom, with no midweek distractions this week or next for either team.Domzale with a 5-2-1 and 12/4 home record. Radomlje with a 1-1-6 and 5/21 away record. As a form guide, away to the teams in second and third place Radomlje recently lost 5-0 and 4-0.Current odds are 1/5.For the NCFC bet I like the look of Howson to score anytime, at 5/1.Good luck to all!

With my poor form I think I''d better go for a banker -- Real Madrid Home win against  Rayo VallecanoMy Norwich bet is to keep a clean sheet at Forest   [URL=http://s107.photobucket.com/user/SwindonCanary/media/handspraying.jpg.html][IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/SwindonCanary/handspraying.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Hi pickers my pick this week is BURY to beat Hemel Hempstead in the cup please, good luck to all

Serie A for a change for me this week, Juventus v Parma HOME win please. 

For the Norwich bet, I like the idea of a Jerome hat-trick.  Hopefully the boys will make amends for the no show at Boro. 

Good luck Mandie & Pauls, and of course all pups.

The minefield that is the F A Cup for me. Plymouth to beat Kings Lynn''s conquerors, AFC Fylde.

For the Norwich bet with both sides in such dire form, a nervy nil niller.

Go9od luck Mandie. Girl Power!!!

Scottish Preiership for me please - Kilmarnock to beat Ross County.

Norwich bet - think Pearce is on his way out of Notts Forest so to help him on his way and to rekindle our hopes, a stirring 3-0 to Norwich.

I was tempted with a F A Cup fixture but they are more unpredictable than this league we''re in so will stick with the championship this week and go for a Leeds home win against Blackpool. Bit risky maybe as Blackpool did well last night at Fulham with our young Murphy boy to help them out but think Leeds will be too strong for them.
For the Norwich bet, difficult isnt it, I''d suggest going for a 0-0 halftime and  1-1 full time with Jerome scoring the first goal
Good luck Pups [:)]

Juventus home win for me please.

Norwich bet has to be Jerome to net, surely?!

Think Redmond is overdue a goal too

[quote user="lake district canary"]Scottish Preiership for me please - Kilmarnock to beat Ross County.

Norwich bet - think Pearce is on his way out of Notts Forest so to help him on his way and to rekindle our hopes, a stirring 3-0 to Norwich.

[/quote]

Ah - well done LDC! I think that''s the first time I have ever seen Killie tipped to win a match by a PUP!!

If you had watched them lose to Dundee last week at home then you might not be so optimistic!! But I happen to agree with you that Killie might just win this one!

For my pick this week I am going with Ingolstadt at the top of the 2te Bundesliga to beat Union Berlin. - although last time I picked them they let me down so this is their final chance!

Ingolstadt are top of the league, unbeaten all season. Union are lower mid table with a dodgy away record...

For the City bet, I foresee a draw, and probably a nervy match. So 1-1 for me.

Good luck to everyone, especially amandine and Pauls

Evening all, my selection is from Spain, Barcelona to beat Almeria.

For the Norwich bet, I am expecting a nervous game with both teams coming off poor results, it''s got draw written all over it for me, I will go for 1-1.

Good luck!!!!!

What a team of PUPs we have this season!! My selection will be the 18th different one so far this week.

And I''m off to Portugal where SportingBraga (Home Record W4 D0 L0 F10 A2) take on bottom club Gil Vicente (Away Record W0 D1 L3 F3 A8). Braga beat Benfica in their last home game so they should win this.

Sporting Braga          v          Gil Vicente          Home Win

Conference North where Stockport (5-0-1-16-7) entertain Brackley Town (1-1-4-3-13).Stockport v Brackley.......Home winFor the Norwich game...City win and Redmond to score.Good luck MM and Paulio. [Y]

For the match bet I think Tettey''s played well most of this season and has already scored two. So am going with Tettey to score anytime.

What a great couple of pickers we have this week.Always a pleasure to see either of them whether at Home or Away.Mandie, Greek Superleague this week on Sunday - OLYMPIACOS v Panthrakikos - HOME WIN at odds of 1/8 should do the trick.At the risk of being called a mahoosive Binner by both CDMullins and Pauls Ferry I''m sadly backing a 5-0 win for Forest at 200/1Good luck all, Leedscanary

An unimaginative manyoo to win at home for me please. And for the Norwich bet - Redders to score at anytime. It''s gotta happen soon, right!?!

Right then my lovers.

Boring as it may be, MAN CITY will surely beat my least favourite London side and leading goal charity QPR this weekend.

Good luck to you all.