Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

The Three W's - Whinging, Whining and errr Wailing!

Honestly, some of us do make me smile!

Here we are making moves to be signing Clinton Morrison. International striker, great goal scoring record in the Championship and Premiership experience. The fee is likely to amount to £2mil in a very structured way (ie same as how we bought Deano) which if you think for all the above is excellent.

The club have come out and said Deano is not going anywhere. Why can''t we believe them? Is it so far beyond belief that Worthy wants Morrison and Ashton to play together in what has to be the most potentially devastating strike force in the Championship? An article on another site pointed out this administration has never sold off anyone who didn''t want to go - which as far as I remember is true.  

Let''s enjoy the fact we''re trying to sign someone of Morrison''s undoubted calibre.

An article on another site pointed out this administration has never sold off anyone who didn''t want to go - which as far as I remember is true.

Er Jonson springs to mind, I didn''t see him junping up and down wanting to leave FCR.

a while ago everybody would be more than happy to be buying Morrison..

the guy is proven...sadly despite all his hard graft and effort Leon doesn''t always deliver the goods..  as much as I like Leon at times he leaves a little to be desired.. But still would die for the shirt... 

[quote]a while ago everybody would be more than happy to be buying Morrison.. the guy is proven...sadly despite all his hard graft and effort Leon doesn''t always deliver the goods.. as much as I like Leon...[/quote]

And what a sub Leon will make!! In fact, either of them! They''re both very similar really, Morrison and Leon, pacy and passionate, will be an interesting battle for the role alongside Deano, and I wouldn''t bet against them both becoming better strikers for it!

After much deliberation, I can now say "good signing Worthy!"

Now, a central midfielder? Please????

[quote]An article on another site pointed out this administration has never sold off anyone who didn''t want to go - which as far as I remember is true. Er Jonson springs to mind, I didn''t see him junping u...[/quote]

No but I don''t think you''ll find many city supporters who''ll disagree with selling him

OK Andrew N answer me this.

When you first saw the headline about Morrison signing on the Pink-Un homepage what was your initial reaction. Come on your initial reaction.

See what concerns me in all of this is we''ve filled a need we didn''t have. We''ve bought another striker when indications are that we were in more need of either a young central defender or a central midfield player. So it''s no surprise that so many posters come on here expressing concern that the one striker that would conceivably attract interest from other clubs, Ashton, would be going. To me, at least, it was a logical reaction to the signing.

Whilst it might be wailing I don''t see how any of it is whinging and whining.

Word yesterday was that Worthy isn''t impressed with Jarvis and may be shipping him out on loan... but that was from a mate, who heard it from a mate, etc... so probably bobbins...

[quote]OK Andrew N answer me this. When you first saw the headline about Morrison signing on the Pink-Un homepage what was your initial reaction. Come on your initial reaction. See what concerns me in all ...[/quote]

My initial reaction was one like yours - "Another striker? Really?"

But think about it. In defence we got Drury, Charlton and Brennan for left back, Colin and Louis Jean for right back and Doherty, Fleming, Shackell and Charlton for centre back. IMO, the back four we had of Colin, Fleming, Shackell and Drury against Palace performed admirably against what is undoubtably the best strike force in this division besides ours. If we can keep that solid play in place then I''m not sure that there is an attainable defender on the market we could purchase that would genuinely improve. Plus we all know Worthy would never drop Flem - so realistically any central defender will come at the expense of Shackell.

Midfield we are in need of. A central midfielder is, IMO, a top requirement. I too wonder why Worthington is content with just three central midfielders when last season we had Damo, Safri, Holt, Mulryne and Stuart and still struggled. But then, the transfer window isn''t closed yet and this entire business with Morrison has proved transfer activity at Carrow Road is as unpredictable as the team''s performances are.

But Morph, just put all these reservations aside and look at the transfer for what it is - the potential purchase of one of the division''s most accomplished strikers. Deano and Morrison up front is a strike force - IMO - lightyears better than Johnson and Macken, and is undoubtably a strike force we can take to the Premiership. And then Leon on top, throw him on after 50 minutes and watch the tired Championship defences capitulate under Leon''s pace and skill.

What bothers me is that people are failing to see what this is - an excellent acquisition. Now if worst comes to worst and Deano goes, we have two strikers who can still get the goals we need. IMO, this is a great bit of business regardless of our other needs or wants.

[quote]Word yesterday was that Worthy isn''t impressed with Jarvis and may be shipping him out on loan... but that was from a mate, who heard it from a mate, etc... so probably bobbins...[/quote]

I''ve also heard Gillingham and Colchester are interested in Jarvis on loan.

[quote]An article on another site pointed out this administration has never sold off anyone who didn''t want to go - which as far as I remember is true. Er Jonson springs to mind, I didn''t see him junping u...[/quote]

Norwich accepted an offer for Jonson - after that it was up to him to decide whether he wanted to move to the club or not. Ok he didn''t ask for a move in the first place but if he didn''t want to leave then he could have declined the move. He also claimed that the offer of a three year contract was the biggest factor in his move - that would tend to imply he thought the move was a pretty good one for his career!

[quote]Honestly, some of us do make me smile! Here we are making moves to be signing Clinton Morrison. International striker, great goal scoring record in the Championship and Premiership experience. The fe...[/quote]

Well said Andrew. Now Worthy has said Ashton is going nowhere and Ashton has confirmed that, lets enjoy the fact we have bid £2 million for a striker of proven quality in the champ who could form a deadly partnership with Ashton!

It is understandable to panic though at first, seeing us offering big money for a striker when Wigan are reportedly making big money bids for Ashton, esp when to most supporters a midfielder and a defender would be higher priority! Not long to the close of the transfer window when we can all sigh with relief and enjoy the football without worrying about who might be sold next!