Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

No one has mentioned

With the sacking of Mark Robson yesterday this message board has gone into overdrive. Filled with rumours and questions on who will replace Mr Robson at the club. Does Gary Holt have the required experience to be Norwich City manager? Will the board decide what will solve all of our problems on the pitch is a Director of Football? Will that man be Nigel Worthington? Was Mike Phelan on a flight from Manchester to New York or was it from Luton to Norwich? If he did fly into Norwich was he just nipping round an old acquaintances for tea, a game of FIFA with her son and a quickie? Will Ian Culverhose return to the football club in a Gunnery Sergeant Hartman-esq role?All of these people with links to Norwich City and no-one has even mentioned the former player who just missed out on a position at Blackpool, Craig Flemming. He seems just the kind of man the current board of directors would think we need to solve all of our problems solved in one fail swoop. I can just picture it, this time next week we will be welcoming him to Carrow Road as replacement for the recently departed Robson.The thought of it sends a shiver down my spine.......

Fleming was recently as good as taking up a similar post at Blackpool, where only the sacking of the manager stopped it - but we can take it that he is well thought of in some quarters.

I don''t necessarily see him as the answer, but certainly cannot see any reason at all for it to ''send a shiver'' down anyone''s spine if he wound up here.

Branston, if it was Fleming...from Lowestoft Town...I totally agree with the OP. Not only does it stink of the "old boys network" that we are OH so used to under Delia and Co - Lowestoft Town! We need far more experience in our quarters than someone from that level. If he was that well thought of, the move would have happened by now to another club.

Sadly, I can totally see this happening - he and Adams were team mates at Oldham and Norwich.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Branston, if it was Fleming...from Lowestoft Town...I totally agree with the OP. Not only does it stink of the "old boys network" that we are OH so used to under Delia and Co - Lowestoft Town! We need far more experience in our quarters than someone from that level. If he was that well thought of, the move would have happened by now to another club.

Sadly, I can totally see this happening - he and Adams were team mates at Oldham and Norwich.[/quote]You got the point I was trying to make Alex. He ticks all the boxes. Lives local (I often see him and his wife shopping in the Chapelfield Centre), he was a "loyal" servant to the club (i.e. kept getting a contract even when he was past his best), is obviously available after we were made aware that he was off to the train wreck that is Blackpool under the Oystons, he and Adams have played together (I believe Adams was instrumental in him signing for City in the first place), he has a bit of experience coaching a lower league team and most importantly, I expect he is probably a regular at Delia''s carvery (you can''t be part of the Norwich management team if you don''t use her restaurants!).

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Not only does it stink of the "old boys network"

that we are OH so used to under Delia and Co - [/quote]

You made this up didn''t you Alex?

The truth is that since 1998 we''ve appointed 4 management teams that have had no connection with the club. That''s 4 more than we did in the preceding 25 years.