Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Uwe Rosler - Gone.

[quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="ricardo"]They all fail in the end.[/quote]

Unless their name is Ferguson. And possibly Mourinho!

[/quote]read my second line.

Ricardo wrote:

"They all fail in the end.

except those smart enough to get out in time."

However, Adams appears to be failing at the beginning.

40% win ratio at Bournemouth and Wigan which is decent. But he''s had pretty decent sides to work with in both divisions and hasn''t done anything extraordinary yet.

For me all he''s proven so far is that he''s competent, but he''d definitely be an option if we were looking for someone and he stands above the likes of Zola/Sherwood/Mackay/Clark etc

I wouldn''t sack Adams because Rosler became available but if we needed a new manager I''d take him if we couldn''t get Pulis.

But you never know what you''ll get with managers. If we replaced Lambert with Mackay and found ourselves in this same situation I''d be screaming for Hughton right now with his record if he was available.

The trouble is there''s so few Wigan fans posting online that it''s extremely difficult to find out what kind of job he did there and why it went wrong

Appoint a manager who has been sacked with his team in the relegation zone? Sorry, but why would you want to do that?

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Ricardo wrote:

"They all fail in the end.

except those smart enough to get out in time."

However, Adams appears to be failing at the beginning
.[/quote]Some arrive at the end sooner than others.

STFU wrote the following post at 13/11/2014 6:53 PM:

Appoint a manager who has been sacked with his team in the relegation zone? Sorry, but why would you want to do that?

Because he was the manager we should have gone all out to get in the summer as the outstanding candidate for the job at the time. Weather we could have got him or not is debatable as at that time his stock was that high. Now he is available for nothing I would grab he bull by the horns. I''m not in the slightest put off by this season at Wigan as they have lost several key players through sale and injury.

Dave Whelan doesn''t usually sack managers on a whim, if Rosler isn''t good enough for Wigan he''s not good enough for us.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]40% win ratio at Bournemouth and Wigan which is decent. But he''s had pretty decent sides to work with in both divisions and hasn''t done anything extraordinary yet.

For me all he''s proven so far is that he''s competent, but he''d definitely be an option if we were looking for someone and he stands above the likes of Zola/Sherwood/Mackay/Clark etc

I wouldn''t sack Adams because Rosler became available but if we needed a new manager I''d take him if we couldn''t get Pulis.

But you never know what you''ll get with managers. If we replaced Lambert with Mackay and found ourselves in this same situation I''d be screaming for Hughton right now with his record if he was available.

The trouble is there''s so few Wigan fans posting online that it''s extremely difficult to find out what kind of job he did there and why it went wrong[/quote]

That''s because Wigan don''t have many fans to post!

[quote user="STFU"]Appoint a manager who has been sacked with his team in the relegation zone? Sorry, but why would you want to do that?[/quote]Look at the example of Brendan Rodgers who left Reading in December 2009 with them one place above the Championship relegation zone. Sometimes you''ve got to look at the quality of a manager''s football rather than the form book, and Rosler would be a far better choice than Adams in this respect.

I must admit I liked what I saw him do with Brentford and wanted him here. Would I still have him in the future - yes I don''t see why not. But I think we are in a similar situation to where Middlesbrough were a few years ago when they got rid of Southgate, its taken them a long while to get back to the top end of the Championship. Sacking manager is the easy option but we may be better trying to ride the storm.

It does make you wonder if club structure is more important nowadays than in years gone by though. Certain managers seem to do well and go somewhere else and look a lot worse. Pochettino being a good current example. Also the coaches at Swansea - who thought Gary Monk would be as good as he is?

I was reading about Southamptons training ground last week and how advanced it all was and the injury prevention and scouting system was all state of the art. It almost looks as though its impossible to fail there.

Malkay is the favourite for the Wigan job according to the red tops today