Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Redmond

Seems as if Redmond performed well for the U21 team according to BBC report on the Portugal game. Should be an automatic starter for us

I watched the whole game ,, it was on BT Sport . While he had his moments ,, he looked about as good as he did in the Bolton game recently . This in my opinion was his best game for City so far , and although a long way from a stunning display , showed definite signs of improvement , which we can only hope continues as the season unfolds . OTBC

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I watched the whole game ,, it was on BT Sport . While he had his moments ,, he looked about as good as he did in the Bolton game recently . This in my opinion was his best game for City so far , and although a long way from a stunning display , showed definite signs of improvement , which we can only hope continues as the season unfolds . OTBC[/quote]

........if he''s selected for the team or even brought on as sub.........

I didn''t see the game last night but have watched a lot of U21 games recently due to Nathan being in the team and it seems he saves his best performances for them, the games at pride park and the liberty are 2 that jump out at me. Guys who sit around me all of the same opinion and ask why he can''t deliver goals, assists that he does for them, for us?

Camden I would say the difference in performance is because of the standard on show. The under 21s isn''t as good a standard as the championship. Many playing for the under 21s aren''t usually regulars at clubs or even top league players in some cases. Nathan has an advantage over many as he is a regular player with a lot of experience already for someone so young. I would expect him to be one of the better players on show in these games. Many under 21s players won''t even play the number of games he has played at the top level in their entire careers. We should be happy we have a young player that shows so much potential. Let''s hope he shows the same commitment to improve and become the player we all think he can be.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I watched the whole game ,, it was on BT Sport . While he had his moments ,, he looked about as good as he did in the Bolton game recently . This in my opinion was his best game for City so far , and although a long way from a stunning display , showed definite signs of improvement , which we can only hope continues as the season unfolds . OTBC[/quote]

........if he''s selected for the team or even brought on as sub.........

[/quote]

Of course you are right there LDC !

The team selections of late have more than hinted at a complete lack of belief in any particular set of players ,, thinking about it all again is making a dull cold wet day seem even more depressing !!

He played very well offensively assisting on all three goals. one or two mistakes in giving the ball away but, all in all, we should count ourselves fortunate to have him on our roster. People would have been watching him with a view to January movement and there will be some good reports going back to various clubs.

Don''t think Redmond has increased his value if judged on City form. More goals and assists in handful of U21 games than in last 50 games for City. One goal for City is a terrible return for a player with his supposed ability, I am still waiting to see this ability on a consistent basis at Carrow Road.

well you aren''t going to see it on a consistent basis i''m afraid as he only 20 years old. He quite a good player now, he''ll be great given time

Most exciting prospect to have played for Norwich since Bellamy.

Can''t quite believe he has been benched twice recently.

He''s generally been great for us when he''s played in the last couple of months. Any manager would have to be a complete imbecile to drop Redmond on current form. Oh....

[quote user="GJP"]Most exciting prospect to have played for Norwich since Bellamy.

Can''t quite believe he has been benched twice recently.[/quote]

Can''t agree more pure class with an ability to open defences.