Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so, what happens if we lose to Brighton?

The "opinion" article on the front page and some of the comments about Adams demanour after the match indicate that of a beaten man.

the board have acted, either with Adams approval or not, regarding Robson and are now actively seeking a coach... For me this is a contigency, they have to look to replace and act fast. Defeat to Brighton and I honestly think Adams will resign, he looks like he doesnt want it anymore.. a new coach and/or manager will be in place the monday after the game, result depending.

its now our biggest game of the season..

what if we draw, that''s my worry personally. If he loses I think time is almost up for him before he goes back into coaching the youth team once more. If we draw, the saga continues.

My worry is that we win (obviously in itself not a bad thing for Norwich) - it will just delay the inevitable. I have memories of both Worthy and Hughton being "close to the sack" only to pull a random win from a match before going on to lose or draw the next 5. Then the process repeats until the board finally pull their heads from the sand.

If it''s true that Adams looks a beaten man already, barely 6 months into the job, then that is just another reason why he was not right for the job.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]what if we draw, that''s my worry personally. If he loses I think time is almost up for him before he goes back into coaching the youth team once more. If we draw, the saga continues.[/quote]

I suppose a draw depends on performance, if we are say 2-0 up and it ends 2-2 then to me, although its a point on the board, its as good as a defeat performance wise.

we cant go through Hughton winning and getting another 2 weeks scenario again with Adams.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]what if we draw, that''s my worry personally. If he loses I think time is almost up for him before he goes back into coaching the youth team once more. If we draw, the saga continues.[/quote]

I suppose a draw depends on performance, if we are say 2-0 up and it ends 2-2 then to me, although its a point on the board, its as good as a defeat performance wise.

we cant go through Hughton winning and getting another 2 weeks scenario again with Adams.

[/quote]If its a draw its another 2 expected points thrown away , draws are ok away at sides like Middlesboro but we have already thrown far too many home points away against easy opposition . What is really needed is somebody on the Board to stand up and admit they made a mistake giving him the job in the first place and stop all this talk of getting him some help in , he can either do the job or not .

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the board have acted, either with Adams approval or not, regarding Robson and are now actively seeking a coach...[/quote]But are they jas? Holt and Robson were both ''first team coaches'' and it''s highly possible the didn''t get on, meaning one of them had to go. If that is the case then I think it''s unlikely the club will be looking to replace him. They certainly didn''t mention it in yesterdays statement......."First-team coach Mark Robson departs role at Canaries

CITY can confirm First Team Coach Mark Robson''s contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

The Club would like to thank Mark for his work on behalf of Norwich City and wish him well for the future.

First Team Coach Gary Holt will continue to assist Manager Neil Adams

and there will be no further comment from the Club at this time"
Nothing there about a replacement.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

The "opinion" article on the front page and some of the comments about Adams demanour after the match indicate that of a beaten man.

the board have acted, either with Adams approval or not, regarding Robson and are now actively seeking a coach... For me this is a contigency, they have to look to replace and act fast. Defeat to Brighton and I honestly think Adams will resign, he looks like he doesnt want it anymore.. a new coach and/or manager will be in place the monday after the game, result depending.

its now our biggest game of the season..

[/quote]Jas, I''d just like to point out that the board have not said that they are actively seeking a replacement for Robson, this has just been assumed by most on here (myself included). What they actually said was that there would be no further comment on the dismissal of Robson.What they have said today is cutting edge news on the club. It''s "Yellow Wednesday" at Yellow''s Bar & Grill!

We don''t get any points and our goal difference gets worse. Then the following week we play another game.

Don''t you understand this league, its quite straightforward really?

There are also simple rules about what happens if we win, draw or the game is abandoned.

The Brighton fans feel exactly the same.

Underachieving and if they fail to beat Norwich then it is time for Hyppia to go.Deja vu all over again.

Oh and in answer to your op. If we loose to Brighton, 27,000 fans will turn up to the next home game. The board will see this as support for the way they are running club. We will continue as we have for the last 20 odd years and nothing much will change.Also, the Pink ''Un message board will go into meltdown with various posters demanding that Adams is sacked. Others will demand that we keep the faith with him. The word "binner" will crop up in every third post. And Waveney will log in using all of his accounts and demand the immediate re-reinstatement of Paul Lambert as manager because that''ll solve all our problems.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]the board have acted, either with Adams approval or not, regarding Robson and are now actively seeking a coach...[/quote]But are they jas? Holt and Robson were both ''first team coaches'' and it''s highly possible the didn''t get on, meaning one of them had to go. If that is the case then I think it''s unlikely the club will be looking to replace him. They certainly didn''t mention it in yesterdays statement......."First-team coach Mark Robson departs role at Canaries

CITY can confirm First Team Coach Mark Robson''s contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

The Club would like to thank Mark for his work on behalf of Norwich City and wish him well for the future.

First Team Coach Gary Holt will continue to assist Manager Neil Adams

and there will be no further comment from the Club at this time"
Nothing there about a replacement.
[/quote] I think it was mentoned on Radio Norfolk yesterday that no replacement was being looked at at this time , people are just assuming there is somebody else coming in .

Yeah, I think we''re both in relatively similar boats. Brighton did well last season and weren''t far off the playoffs and I suppose the fans expected the same this time round. We without a shadow of a doubt should be aiming top 2 minimum. Any less than promotion will be a complete faliure in my eyes. I know it''s a hard league etc. but we have the squad and the finances that should be too much for this league this season at least.

If we lose to Brighton, Adams will no doubt say something like this - "We have to go again. There is nothing else we can do, you don’t let it affect you. You work on the things you have to work on and make sure we put it right in the next game". And then we move on to the next game a little further down the league table. But we might win...and then what? 

as always it will depend upon the context,  what type of defeat it was, was there evidence of progress in the defensive structure, was there move evidence of working as a team in midfield,  which individuals were picked, what formation was used and how did we respond to in game tactical changes. 

We won''t lose to Brighton or Reading so there will be no '''' ifs ''''

[quote user="cityangel"]We won''t lose to Brighton or Reading so there will be no '''' ifs ''''[/quote]And thats the scary thing because it just papers over the cracks just like beating West Ham did last season and a poor manager gets to carry on and ruin the season .

[quote user="cityangel"]We won''t lose to Brighton or Reading so there will be no '''' ifs ''''[/quote]

Best post today Angel[Y]

I''m in! Anyone else.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]We won''t lose to Brighton or Reading so there will be no '''' ifs ''''[/quote]

Best post today Angel[Y]

[/quote]

Why does that remind me of Cissie and Ada[:D]

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 11/11/2014 4:25 PM:

----------------

I very much doubt it tbh, there''s not a good feeling around the place

[quote user="Canary buffet"]I will call for McNastys head and the immediate appointment of Paul Lambert as Manager[/quote]WAVENEY!! [:D]You were ''John thaw'' and ''John tree'' yesterday. [:S]It''s not easy keeping up. [:''(]

[quote user="Canary buffet"]I will call for McNastys head and the immediate appointment of Paul Lambert as Manager[/quote]Waveney''s getting in early.

like Hughton the board will let it drag on. Any ambitious club would have said after the last match enough is enough and moved heaven and earth to get an experienced manager who knows how to get the best out of a team at this level.

The manager is the most important member of the squad as is proved time after time.

I knew when I watched the Shrewsbury match we had real problems no one on display was pressing to a first team place and suspect the first team thought well no worries for me then!

I am sorry but as I predicted Adams is simply not up to the job at present but suspect will take us to drop into bottom half before board do anything

The problem with NCFC has for the past 50 years apart from isolated periods that we are not an  ambitious club. The last few chairman have always stated they are but fail to act. Gunn and Adams are prime examples. Cheap options and hope to keep the mug season ticket holders happy.

Gunn wasn''t Mcnally''s choice, we don''t know yet about Adams...although I think we''ll see very shortly if he''s made of the ''right stuff'' as he''s being tested as a manager