Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Views if we win 3 games in a row now?

He''s not a ''dead duck'' although he will be if the results continue. It''s not wishful thinking to think that we could win the next three games, it''s very possible but doesn''t look that likely atm.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He''s not a ''dead duck'' although he will be if the results continue. It''s not wishful thinking to think that we could win the next three games, it''s very possible but doesn''t look that likely atm.[/quote]

even if we do win the next 3 its unlikely we will be top..the board have budgeted to be top!!! so as i said earlier he is on borrowed time unless he can get back to that top spot sharpish

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He''s not a ''dead duck'' although he will be if the results continue. It''s not wishful thinking to think that we could win the next three games, it''s very possible but doesn''t look that likely atm.[/quote]Do you think we''ll finish above three from Bournemouth, Watford, Middlesbrough and Derby? The lottery of the playoffs is the best we can hope for, but I doubt we''ll even finish in the top six. Things would be less grim for Adams if we played decent football, but so far it''s been not much different to Hoofton''s reign.

City4eva. " the board have budgeted to be top"

I must have missed that announcement, is it reported somewhere, do you have a link please?

I think we''ll all get an idea of our expectations in the next few games. If our expectation by then is playoffs then he''s got to go, with our team we should have higher expectation than that.

Also the board have said they have budgeted to be promoted and also if we are not (source is a video on ncfc youtube page on their ''targets''). However I don''t think the board predicted that we''d have won the league by the start of November, we''re only 6 points behind top spot, (but of course with the terrible form Adams is responsible for along with the players, it was first only 2 points, then 4, now 6) The board have budgeted for each outcome, it''s up to them to make the right choice to help us get promoted and will be willing to give Adams time I''m sure, but not much. .

Yes I think they did say they budgeted to be promoted, but that doesn''t necessarily mean finishing top.

If we stay around where we are now that may be good enough in the eyes of the board to stop the axe falling.

If things carry on as they are I would hope he would walk before the nasty stuff starts, I just can''t see the Board making an early decision, by the time they do it may be too late for this season.

I fear that if we just bumble around 7th or 8th they will not be prepared to get rid, their loyalty is admirable in some senses but a great weakness in others.

Adams will probably see out the season and unless results seriously go t!t$ up the fans won''t turn on him. The board won''t want to lose face by changing manager between now and the end of the season unless their hand is forced.

I know I''ve asked you before but you didn''t really answer it; if this form continues, would you sack him or not? I know you''d hope he''d walk, but like most managers, they don''t very often.

If this string of results continues he should be sacked.

A bad run can only be allowed to go on for so long and excuses run out. If we were struggling due to a number of injuries or suspensions then there may be an excuse, but with the strength we have in the squad it''s hard defend a continuation of this.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I know I''ve asked you before but you didn''t really answer it; if this form continues, would you sack him or not? I know you''d hope he''d walk, but like most managers, they don''t very often.[/quote]It''s a bit hypothetical because I would do things differently to the

current board as regards recruitment and probably wouldn''t have

appointed Adams in the first place. As things stand, if I was in charge then I''d give Adams an ultimatum to play a technical style of football. I''d start looking round Europe for a replacement manager who would play this style and let Adams carry on in the meantime. I would consider demoting Adams to assistant to whoever I brought in.You have to start somewhere if you go down the quality route, otherwise it''s always a case of doing it later because you need promotion, need to survive, consolidate etc. It''s never a good time so it never happens. Now''s probably the best time because we''ve got a bit of money and good enough players to be able to make the switch more easily than would otherwise be the case. Adams lacks the basic experience, but might have faired better if the club had steered towards a quality playing style. However his own style at youth level didn''t seem to me to be what the club should be aiming for. Sacking just to appoint a hoofmeister such as Malky or Pullis wouldn''t solve anything.